Table of Contents
Kerala Public service commission recruits candidates for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Kerala according to the grade of the candidates and the rules of reservation. Kerala PSC publishes the official notification inviting applications from the eligible candidates through their official website. The candidates who wish to apply for the position and those who are qualified can make the application through the official website of Kerala PSC once the official notification is released. Interested candidates who have passed grade 7 can apply to the post of Kerala LGS. The candidate holding degree is not permitted to apply for this post.
Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has published a notification on 13th April 2022 (Category No: 066/2022) concerning the selection of Last Grade Servants. The Commission has invited applications to recruit Last Grade Servants from interested and eligible Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates of Kerala state. The notification is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The candidate must have full idea about the one-time registration which is the important step in the registering process. The last date for submitting the application is 18th May 2022. This is a best chance for interested candidates to achieve a government job. The exam date has not yet been announced. All the notifications and information will be published by the Commission through the official website.
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Recruitment Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Various|
|Name of post||Last Grade Servants|
|Number of vacancies||6|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from among SC/ ST candidates only)|
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Important Dates
|Commencement of online application||13th April 2022|
|Last date for online application||Wednesday, 18th May 2022 (until 12 midnight)|
|Exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC LGS Eligibility Criteria 2022
The first step before planning to write any exam is to check whether the candidate is qualified to appear for the examination. Here we will know more about the eligibility criteria to appear in the KPSC LGS 2022 examination. The official notification inviting applications from the candidates will be announced in the official site of KPSC. Here are the much-expected eligibility criteria that the commission will be announcing for the Kerala PSC LGS Examination and candidates are requested to go through the details like Kerala PSC LGS Age limit and educational qualifications to make their application.
Kerala PSC LGS Age Limit
The candidates should be in an age range of 18 -36 in order to apply to the post of PSC LGS.
Age relaxation is provided by the Kerala public service Commission for candidates. Age relaxation for LGS applicants is 5 years for SC/ST
Kerala PSC LGS Educational Qualification
The Candidates who have passed class VII and has not completed any graduation can apply to the post of KPSC LGS and candidates who have achieved graduation are not allowed to make the application for the Last Grade Servant Examination.
- Those candidates with the above said qualifications have to produce respective government orders at the time of one-time registration or when asked by the commission.
- Candidates holding any degree will not be allowed to apply for this post. If the candidate holding degree submits an application, the candidate’s application will be denied, the candidate will be removed from the ranked list and strict action will be taken against the candidate.
- Candidates belonging to the Ex-servicemen who have got the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or equivalent certificate from Navy/Air-force are permitted to apply for this notification.
Kerala PSC LGS 2022: Post-Wise Eligibility
Medical certificate Mandatory posts
Candidates applying for the below-mentioned posts of LGS have to produce a medical certificate by a medical officer in government service to certify the good physique of the candidate.
- Matron , Balamandir Kozhikkode.
- Watch women in the welfare institution under the social Justice Department.
- Cleaner and Sewer cleaner in the public Works Department.
- Gatekeeper Gr.II and Lascar Gr.II in the printing Department.
Women candidate unentitled posts
Women candidates are not allowed to apply for the below-mentioned posts
- Watchman (All categories), Watcher & Chowkidar
- Cleaner cum conductor
- Cleaner (Boat cleaner, Tractor Cleaner, Van cleaner, Lorry cleaner, Ambulance cleaner)
- Gate Keeper
Differently able candidates unentitled posts
Differently able candidates are not eligible for the below-mentioned posts
- Watcher /Night Watcher / Watchman/ Night Watchman
- Marker (Technical Education &Medical Education)
- Regular Marker (Animal Husbandry Department)
- Gate Keeper Gr.II and Lascar Gr.II in the Printing Dept.
- Watch Woman in the Welfare institutions under Social Justice Department
- Cleaner cum conductor
- Cleaner (Boat cleaner, Tractor Cleaner, Van cleaner, Lorry cleaner, Ambulance cleaner)
Kerala PSC LGS Eligibility: Important Instructions
- Candidates can submit applications against one district only. If the candidate is found to have applied for more than one district then his/her name will be removed from the rank list and strict action will be taken against him/her.
- Candidates cannot apply for transfer to another district until he/she completes 5 years of service
- Candidates holding this post in one district are prohibited from applying again to the same post in another district. However, candidates can apply for higher posts.
- Vacancies of Last Grade Servants which were included in the subordinate services of Government Secretariat, Legislative Secretariat, State Audit Department, Kerala Public Service Commission, and Advocate General’s Office shall not be considered for appointment from the ranked lists published.
- If there is a difference in the caste or community mentioned in the application form from what is in the SSLC certificate then the candidate has to publish the changes in the gazette and has to present the Community certificate/Non Creamy Layer certificate issued by the revenues authorities at the time of one-time registration.
- Watch Woman in the Welfare Institution under Social Justice Department will be filled up from the woman candidates only. Any other posts identified for woman candidates will be filled up from
the woman candidates after getting their interest.
- Candidates maintaining Hindu faith alone will be selected to the posts in the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Departments.
- Vacancies for Last Grade Service in Kerala Municipal Common Service will also be filled up from the Ranked List prepared in completion of this notification without getting interest from the candidates.
- Only one common Ranked List will be prepared for the various posts in the Last Grade Servants of the post applied for as Last Grade Service.
- Those candidates who have claimed equivalency for qualifications should produce the Government order proving the same at the time of certificate verification in order to consider as equivalent.
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Selection Process
Kerala PSC LGC examination is one of the most important and anticipated government examinations in the year 2022. This is one of the best chance for the aspirants who do not have graduated to get a government job. The recruitment to the position is conducted through a recruitment examination conducted under the supervision of the Kerala Public Service Commission.
The selection to the Last Grade Servant is conducted on the basis of a two-stage written exam. The two stages of the examination comprise of a preliminary round and a main examination round. The prelims exam is organized for all the candidates who had applied for the exam. After the exam, the commission will publish the final rank list for the main exam based on the scores of candidates.
If required, the Commission will conduct an OMR/ written exam to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Last Grade Servant. This will be followed by an interview round and document verification. Appointment will be made on the basis of the rank secured in the ranked list of candidates prepared in pursuance of this notification. Every person appointed to a category shall be on probation for a total period of one year on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to confirm that they fulfill all the norms laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Candidates must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Last Grade Servant recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed clearly at the bottom. The photograph uploaded should be taken after 31st December 2012. In the case of candidates who are creating a new profile the uploaded photograph must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded satisfying all requirements will be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the accuracy of the personal information and confidentiality of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must check the accuracy of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or changed after submission. However, the applications can be denied if any objection with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the given period, will be rejected.
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
There is no application fee for this post.
- Documents to prove qualification, age, community, etc. have to be produced as and when you are asked for it. Hence keep the documents ready.
- The important dates regarding the submission of the confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
- Candidates who have AADHAAR cards should add an AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
- Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
Kerala PSC LGS Exam Pattern 2022
The Kerala PSC LGS selection process has only a single-stage written examination for recruitment.
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper format, OMR Sheets
- Exam Language: Malayalam
- Maximum Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100 Marks
- Exam Duration: 01 hours 15 minutes
The questions will be asked from the following categories:
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Renaissance in Kerala
- General Science- Physical Science and Natural Science
- Mental Ability and Simple Arithmetic
All questions will be of Matriculation/ SSLC standard. The questions paper will be available in the Malayalam language only.
Kerala PSC LGS Salary 2022
As the Last Grade Servant post is a government position, there are many salary benefits and perks for the candidates who are qualified for the post. Here are the information regarding the salary and the benefits with the Kerala PSC LGS exam 2022.
- The pay scale of newly selected Last Grade servants would be in between, Rs. 16,500 – Rs. 35,700.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Rs. 1500 (B2 class cities and above), Rs. 1250 ( other cities and towns) and Rs. 1000(others).
- City Compensation Allowance- Rs. 350/.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)- Rs. 6800/
The Last Grade Servants (LGS) are appointed in the Kerala State government service through the district-wise written test. Through the written test candidates who will score more than the cutoff score will get shortlisted for the main list. From the list, candidates will get a call from the Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) for the document verification process. Successful candidates from the document verification will get the appointment as the vacancies are reporting from various departments.
Candidates who are willing to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|Kerala PSC LGS Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC LGS Notification||Kerala PSC LGS Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC LGS Syllabus||Kerala PSC LGS Video Course|
|Kerala PSC LGS Exam Date||Kerala PSC LGS Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC LGS Application Form||Kerala PSC LGS Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC LGS Vacancy||Kerala PSC LGS Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC LGS Admit Card||Kerala PSC LGS Salary|
|Kerala PSC LGS Study Plan||Kerala PSC LGS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC LGS Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC LGS Result|
|Kerala PSC LGS Best Books||Kerala PSC LGS Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC LGS Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC LGS Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC LGS Answer Key|