Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission is about to announce the notification for the examination of Assistant Information Officer in 2020. The notification for the exam will be released soon after the lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The last notification for the same was released in 2017, category number-534/2017. The examination was conducted in 2018. And now the candidates appeared for the examination would have received a profile message regarding the upload of documents concerned to the post. Now, let us go through the eligibility criteria- qualification and experience needed to fulfill the post of Kerala PSC Assistant Information Officer.
Kerala PSC Assistant Information Officer: Exam Details
|Name of Examination
|Assistant Information Officer
|Exam Conducting Authority
|Kerala Public Service Commission
|Information and Public Relations
|Method of Appointment
|Medium of Examination
|Mode of Examination
|Rs. 27800 – 59400 /-
|Number of vacancies
|Will be updated
Only candidates born between 02.01.1981 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Communities.
- B.A., B.Sc, or B.Com. Degree of any recognized University.
- Two years of experience in a Government Publicity Organisation or Publicity Department of a private organization or firm or the editorial section of a daily newspaper or news agency.
- Ability to prepare Press Bulletin and Press publicity handouts.
- Proofreading and similar items of works in a Newspaper office not involving original writing will not be considered as a Journalistic experience.
- The aptitude for publicity work and ability to prepare Press Bulletin and publicity handouts being assessed on the basis of rank in a common written test to be conducted by the public service commission. And, Rule 10 a(ii) of part II of KS&SSR is applicable for this.
Publication of works in English or Malayalam on Literature, Art, Culture, Economics, or politics and/or experience in Editorial work in an English or Malayalam Newspaper.
The candidate should produce an experience certificate when asked by the authority. The experience certificate has to produced in a specific format.
The veracity of the experience certificate will be subjected to scrutiny and legal action will be initiated against those who issue and candidates who produce a bogus certificate. The experience certificate should be got attested by an authorized officer of the State/Central Government.
Download the Certificate of Experience and Declaration Format for the Assistant Information Officer post:
Kerala PSC Assistant Information Officer: Apply Online
- Firstly, those who haven’t registered as per “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” with the Official website, complete the process before applying.
- Those who have registered can apply by login on to their profile using their UserID and Password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now‘ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link.
- No application fee is required.
- Applicants should add AADHAAR as I.D. Proof.
- Candidates must ensure the correctness of the information on their profile before final submission.
- The application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The prime duty is to handle all the responsibilities related to public relations or the right to information. The Assistant Information Officer has to handle the tasks related to Public Relation and the Right to Information for the public. And he/she should be aware of the Right to Information Act, building a public image of the organization, handling press and media related processes, etc.
Responsibilities are to:
- Receive applications for information or appeals under the Act for forwarding the same forthwith to the Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or Appellate Officer or the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as the case may be.
- Render all assistance to the Public Information Officer who sought his or her assistance
- To be treated as a Public Information Officer for the purposes of any contravention of the provisions of the Act.
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics. Lakhs of users have bagged their dream job with the help of Entri, along with their dedication and hard work. Moreover, there will be daily rank booster sections dealing with individual topics of subjects, which will enhance your subject knowledge. Also, you can practice mock tests both section-wise and full-length for all exams conducted by Kerala PSC.
Entri wishes all the best with your preparations!