Kerala Public Service Commission is on the process of announcing the recruitment notification of Assistant Information Officer 2020. The notification for the job position will be released soon after the lock down situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic disease. The last recruitment notification to the post of Assistant Information Officer was published in the year of 2017 and the exam was conducted in 2018. So that we can hope a good number of vacancy. This is a unique opportunity for the job seekers. All the interested candidates can apply for the post through online portal of KPSC Thulasi. Have a glance on the Kerala PSC Assistant Information Officer 2020: Selection Process.
The Kerala PSC is conducting examination for selecting applicants to the job position of Assistant Information Officer 2020 in the various institutions of Kerala state in the department of Information and Public Relations. An assistant information officer has some major role in the governance of a state. One of the main duty of the officer is to handle all the responsibilities related to public relations and information. And the officer must be aware of the Right to Information Act.
The basic selection procedure in Kerala Public Service Commission has the following steps;
- Written examination
- Personal interview
- Document Verification
The written examination is a filtering process, in which the candidates with good performance will be selected for the second step. The shortlisting candidates will be on the basis of their scores in the written examination. The written examination or OMR will be conducted as prelims of the recruitment. Have a brief look on the exam pattern and eligibility criteria of KPSC Assistant Information Officer 2020.
- The exam duration will be 1 hour and 15 minutes with a total of 100 questions.
- The exam pattern is objective type, each right answer carries one mark and for each wrong answer 0.33 marks will be deducted.
- The candidates are required to mark their responses in the OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet given during the exam.
- Questions will be asked from the main sections like mental ability, logical reasoning, English, Malayalam, Information Technology, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- The medium of examination will only be English.
Another selection criteria is eligibility; educational and age limit.
- The age of the candidates should be in between 19 to 39 years.
- The basic educational qualification needed to the post is graduation in any stream like Arts, Science and Commerce; from any the recognized universities.
- Two years of experience in a Government publicity Organization or publicity department of a private organization or firm or the editorial section of a daily newspaper or news agency will give more weightage of marks to your rank position in the Rank list of KPSC.
Additional requirements are:
- Ability to prepare press Bulletin and press publicity handouts.
- The aptitude for publicity work and ability to prepare press Bulletin and publicity handouts being assessed on the basis of rank in a common written test to be conducted by the Public Service Commission. Desirable: – Publication of works in English or Malayalam on Literature, Art, Culture, Economics or Politics and/or experience in editorial work in an English or Malayalam Newspaper.
The reservation policy approved by the Kerala State and KPSC is 3% of the vacancies reported to the Commission for the above post shall be reserved for appointment of Differently abled persons, limited to the categories of Locomotor Disability/Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment and Low Vision as per G.O (P) No. 1/13/SJD dtd 3.1.13.
Personal Interview and Document Verification
The last stages of the selection process are Personal Interview and Document verification, only after these steps the candidates will be appointed to the concerned department. The rank list is published on the basis of candidates’ performance in the written exam. After publishing the rank list of the candidates, there is document verification process. So that the candidate have to ensure that all the qualifications must have acquired before the last date of receipt of application. The list of candidates will be finalized only after the verification. Please note that if there is any change in caste with respect to the entries in SSLC, then such changes is to be published in the gazette notification and the same along with the Community Certificate/Non creamy layer certificate issued by the Revenue authorities, is to be produced to prove their claim in application, at the time of One Time Verification or as and when required by the commission.
Check out detailed syllabus and exam pattern of Kerala PSC Assistant Information Officer 2020.
The dates for online application submission and examination are not yet announced. In the wake of Covid’19 all the exams and projects are shut downed for some time. To get updated with related articles and exam preparation materials of KPSC, visit Entri app. Study with Entri and achieve your dreamed positions in life. Good luck all the aspirants for your upcoming exams.