Kerala PSC will soon release the official recruitment notification for the post of Block Development Officer (BDO) 2020. The release of notification was delayed due to COVID –19 pandemic. The last notification was in 2016. Lakhs of aspirants are eagerly waiting for this graduate level exam. A Block Development Officer will be responsible for the development and carrying out projects and schemes that are beneficial to the respective panchayat or block. In this article we will discuss about study materials for Block Development Officer exam.
Kerala PSC Block Development Officer Syllabus
Below mentioned is the main topics/syllabus for block development officer. For any competitive examination aspirants must be well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern. This will help you in drafting a very good study plan. With a proper study plan, guidance and hardwork one can easily crack any competitive exam
- Part I- Quantitative Aptitude
- Part II- Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
- Part III- General Science
- Part IV- Current Affairs
- Part V- Facts about India
- Part VI- Facts about Kerala – Renaissance of Kerala
- Part VII- Constitution of India and Civil rights
- Part VIII- General English
- Part IX- Social welfare schemes and measures
- Part X- Information Technology and Cyber Laws
The Exam Pattern of Kerala PSC Block Development Officer
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- The exam consists of objective type questions with a total of 100 marks.
- Total number of Questions will be 100.
- Total Duration is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer. 0.33 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Selection of Study materials for Kerala PSC exam
- Most importantly candidates must know the syllabus and exam pattern well, which will help you in the preparation for exam.
- Choosing the right study materials is very important to help you crack the exam with a good score.
- You can choose either Online or Offline method for preparing. Accessing internet will be very helpful because nowadays you can find lots of study materials online like E-Books, Question Paper PDFs, Mock Test, Video lectures etc.
- Refer basic standard textbooks of SCERT and NCERT. Going through this book will familiarize you with most of the topics in the syllabus. These books are easy to understand too.
- Refer Yearbooks for Kerala PSC exams.
- Read Newspapers, read articles (preferably The Hindu & Indian Express) & watching news will help you cover National, International and Regional events.
- Read PSC Bulletins published by the Kerala Public Service Commission for in-depth reference.
- Practicing previous year question papers will give you an insight about the exam.
Reference Books for Kerala PSC Block Development Officer
Here is the list of few books that will help you in preparation of exam-
- Kerala Renaissance is very important topic of Kerala PSC exams. Kerala Navodhaanam, this book covers all renaissance leaders & major incidents. This book is published by Talent Academy.
- For the topics Quantitative aptitude, mental Ability and Test of Reasoning You can refer Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Agarwal.
- Kerala History / Kerala Charithram by Prof.A.Sreedhara Menon are very good. Also his other books like “A Survey of Kerala History” deals with Kerala’s geographical background, it’s history from pre-historic period to the social reform movements & also cultural movements. Also ’Political History of Modern Kerala deals with political movements in modern Kerala.
- Indian Polity by Lakshmikanth.
- To know about geography and physical features of India you can refer the book – Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Gochelong.
- SCERT & NCERT textbooks from 6th -12th standard cover basic concepts of most of the topics.
- ‘Struggle for Independence’ by Bipin Chandra will help you learn about Indian history.
- Refer any good general knowledge books or attempt quiz online to be thorough in G.K.
- Refer good Grammar books to sharpen your grammar skills.
- Refer Yearbooks.
Previous Year Question Papers:
Practicing previous year question paper is a very good tactic to boost your exam preparation. It will help you understand how & what type of questions are asked. Also Kerala PSC has repeated questions. Below mentioned are few previous year question papers-
- Previous Question Paper – Click Here
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests ,previous year question papers and attempt quiz.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.