Table of Contents
Are you prepared for the Boat Lascar exam administered by the Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)? The Kerala Public Service Commission has released the previous year’s question papers for Boat Lascar positions. We will publish the necessary question Paper PDF on this blog to help you prepare for the exam. These question papers will assist you comprehend the exam pattern and the kind of questions asked. It will be beneficial to understand the exam structure, repeat questions, and choices. Download the PDFs immediately and begin preparing for the Kerala Public Service Commission Boat Lascar Exam. Start Downloading Now!
Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Previous Year Question Paper 2023: Overview
|Name of the conducting body||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Boat Lascar|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment|
|Kerala PSC Tradesman Admit Card Release Date||Notify Soon|
|Kerala PSC Tradesman Exam Date||Notify Soon|
|Kerala PSC Tradesman Vacancy||Anticipated|
Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Question Paper 2023
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Boat Lascar Previous Year Question Paper Collection PDF is now available. This PDF has been compiled from various sources, and it includes questions from past Boat Lascar exams held by KPSC. The PDF contains questions asked in the previous year’s exams, along with their answers. This is a great resource for those who are preparing for the KPSC Boat Lascar exam. The PDF covers all the topics of the exam, including the duties of the pole man, the use of life-saving equipment, the rules regarding sound signals to give indications to other vessels as to the position of the helm, the use of navigation lights and how to act when they are seen in different directions, and more. This collection can help you to study effectively and get well-versed in the topics of the exam. So, go ahead and download this PDF today and get ready for your Boat Lascar Exam 2023. Good luck!
Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Question Paper PDF
Having access to the prior year’s question papers can be a useful way to prepare for any exam. It assists you in understanding the exam pattern, being acquainted with the types of questions that may appear in the exam, and gaining confidence in confronting the question paper. As part of your exam preparation, make sure you consult the previous year’s question papers. Download the Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Question Paper PDF from the link provided below.
|Question Paper Category|
How to Download Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Question Paper 2023
Follow the below procedures to download Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Question Paper
Step 1: Navigate to the PSC official portal
Step 2: Click on “Question Paper” Tab
Step 3: Now, find Boat Lascar Question Papers
Step 4: Check and Save/Download for further reference
Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Syllabus 2023 PDF
Find below for the PDF of Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Exam 2023
Kerala PSC Boat Lascar Syllabus 2023: In Detail
1) Duties of Pole man : ( Marks 12)
- Confirm that sufficient depth is available for the vessel.
- Change the Direction of the vessel using the Pole.
- Clear the Obstructions on the way.
- Reduce the impact with jetty while berthing.
- Keep the vessel along side jetty during operation.
- Help embarkation / disembarkation of Passengers.
2) The use of navigation lights and how to act when they are seen in different directions. ( Marks : 10)
- Reporting of sighting a light in different direction.
- Red light on Port side : Vessel passing clear
- Red light on Starboard Side : To Keep clear by altering course to Starboard Side
3) The rules regarding sound signals to give indications to other vessels as to the position of the helm, etc. (Marks : 8)
- One Short Blast : Altering Course to Starboard
- Two Short Blasts : Altering Course to Port
- Three Short Blasts : Going Astern / Reverse
- Five Short blasts : Doubt on action taken by other vessel
4)Use of life saving equipments ( Marks : 18)
- Life buoy : for throwing into water to rescue somebody who has fallen in water
- Life Jacket : for wearing prior jumping in to water in emergency.
- Life boat : Rescue people in case of Emergency
- Life raft : Same function of Life boat but only less storage space required because of inflatable nature.
- Emergency Position Indicating Beacon : Transmits distress position automatically to satellite and then to rescue centre
- Radar reflector : To give a bright spot on the Radar of other vessel to indicate Emergency.
5) Use of Fire fighting appliances. (Marks : 8)
- Water type Extinguisher : For General fire
- Powder type Extinguisher : For Electrical Fire
- Foam Type Extinguisher : For Oil Fire
- Carbon dioxide Extinguisher : Any type fire
6) The management of small inland vessels in all conditions. (Marks 7)
- Mooring lines : Head Line, Stern Line, Breast Line, Spring lines
- Fenders : Rubber, Coir, Tyre
7) Cleaning (Marks 3)
- Cleaning of Oil : use oil dispersant, Saw dust, Cotton rags
8) Surface preparation for painting (Marks : 8)
- Chipping, Scrapping, wire brushing, Washing with fresh water and soap ( if Oil present ) , apply primer, first Coat and final coat
9) Man Over Board Action (Marks 5)
- Shout Man over board, Raise Alarm, Throw life Buoy, pick up causality, give CPR
10) Fire on Board Action (Marks 6)
- Shout Fire, Raise Alarm, Find location of fire, Identify type of fire, Restrict spreading of Fire, Fight fire using appropriate Extinguishers
11) Checks prior starting a trip (Marks : 15)
- Vessel Registered
- Vessel having Fitness Certificate
- Crew having Certificate
- Pollution prevention Certificate Valid
- Insurance Valid
- All Life saving Appliances ready
- All Fire fighting Appliances ready
- Weather Good
- Fuel and Fresh water Sufficient
- Ropes in good Condition
|Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant Question Paper||Kerala PSC HSA Question Paper|
|Kerala PSC Plumber Question Paper||Kerala PSC Lecturer Question Paper|
|Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Question Paper||Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Question Paper|