Table of Contents
Kerala PSC HSST History Eligibility Criteria 2023: The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has recently announced the eligibility criteria for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST) in History for the year 2023. According to the released notification, candidates interested in applying for the position must meet certain age and qualification requirements.
As per the age limit criteria, the candidate should be between 20 and 40 years of age. In terms of the educational qualification, the candidate must hold a Master’s degree in History with at least 50% marks or a degree equivalent to it from a recognized university. Additionally, the candidate must have passed the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) in the relevant category. It is advisable for interested candidates to carefully go through the detailed notification provided by the Kerala PSC before proceeding with the application process. Download Kerala PSC Eligibility Notification 2023 below for detailed updates. Start Preparing Now!
Kerala PSC HSST History Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Kerala PSC HSST History Recruitment 2023: Notification Details|
|Recruiting Body||Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC)|
|Recruiting Organization||Kerala Higher Secondary Education|
|Job Type||Kerala Govt. Service|
|Recruitment Type||Direct Recruitment|
|Post Name||Higher Secondary School Teacher in History (Junior)|
|Total Vacancy||Anticipated vacancies|
|Job Location||All Over Kerala|
|Gazette Date||November 15, 2023|
|Last date for submission of the application||December 20, 2023|
Kerala PSC HSST History Apply Online 2023: Apply Date
As mentioned Kerala PSC started the application process for the HSST History post. The application period will begin on November 15, 2023, and continue through December 20, 2023. Interested candidates must visit the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website to apply for this position. The appy link is activated now. Remember, interested candidates must register through the official website under the One Time Registration Scheme prior to submitting their application. Candidates can easily apply for the position through their profile if they have already registered under the One Time Registration Scheme. Also, you should meet the HSST History Eligibility Criteria 2023 as well. Continue reading to learn about the detailed highlights of HSST History Eligibility Criteria 2023. Good luck!
Kerala PSC HSST History Notification 2023 PDF
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has recently released a detailed notification outlining the eligibility criteria for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST) in History for the year 2023. To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the specified age and qualification requirements. As per the age limit criteria, the candidate should be between 20 and 40 years of age. In terms of the educational qualification, the candidate must hold a Master’s degree in History with at least 50% marks or a degree equivalent to it from a recognized university. Additionally, the candidate must have passed the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) in the relevant category.
Interested candidates are advised to carefully read through the detailed notification provided by the Kerala PSC before proceeding with the application process. This notification provides all the necessary information about the application process, examination pattern, and selection criteria.
Kerala PSC HSST History Recruitment 2023 – Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for Kerala PSC HSST History Vacancies 2023 should keep the following important dates in mind:
|Commencement of online application||November 15, 2023|
|Last date for online application||December 20, 2023|
|Endurance Test||Yet to be announced|
|Written Exam||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC HSST History Eligibility Criteria 2023
See the Kerala PSC HSST Malayalam Recruitment 2023 age and educational requirements.
- 20-40, Years
- Candidates for this position must be born between January 2, 1983, and January 1, 2003 (both dates included), with the customary exceptions for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Communities.
- As of January 1, 2023, qualified ministerial staff under the Higher Secondary Education Department may be directly recruited into the category of Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) with a relaxation of the upper age limit up to 43 (forty three) years. As of February 4, 2005, [GO(P) No. 36/2005/Gl.Edn.
Note: In accordance with G.O.(P) No.07/2022/SJD dated 28.10.2022, 4% of the positions are designated for candidates who meet certain disabilities. These include low vision/blindness, deaf and hard of hearing, locomotor disability, which includes cerebral palsy, leprosy, cured dwarfism, acid attack victim, muscular dystrophy, with at least one functional arm, mild autism, specific learning disability, mental illness (40%–70%), multiple disability, and deaf-blindness.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field with at least 50% of the possible points from any Keralan university, or a degree that a Keralan university has recognized as being equivalent in the relevant field.
- B.Ed. in the relevant field obtained following a regular course of study from any Keralan university, or a credential accepted as equivalent by a Keralan university.
- In the event that no one holds a B.Ed. in the relevant field, a B.Ed. obtained in the relevant faculty in accordance with the Acts and Statutes of any Keralan university will suffice.
- Should the B.Ed. degree holders listed in items (i) and (ii) above not be present, individuals with a B.Ed. degree in any subject obtained following a regular course of study from any Keralan university or a credential recognized as equivalent thereto by any Keralan university may substitute.
- For the position of Higher Secondary School Teacher, one must have passed the State Eligibility Test (SET), which was administered by the Keralan government or an organization that has been approved by the state government. 16.04.2001; GO(p)No.144/2001/GEdn.
Admitted Equivalent Qualification
- Those who hold an M.Ed. in the relevant field, approved by any Keralan university, are not required to complete the B.Ed. qualification process.
- Candidates with non-qualifying degrees, such as Ph.D., M.Phil., or post-doctoral fellowships, will receive weightage marks as long as they are in subjects related to the minimum requirements listed for the position.
- The weightage marks for non-qualifying degrees for ranking are given as follows.
Non-Qualifying M.Phil- 2 marks
Non-Qualifying Ph.D- 4 marks
Both M.Phil and Ph.D (Non-Qualifying)- 5 marks
Post Doctoral Fellowship- 2 marks
Note (1): Non-qualifying degree means the additional qualifications which are earned apart from the qualifications insisted on as essential qualifications for the post. If Ph.D/M.Phil/Post Doctoral Fellowship is reckoned as necessary qualification for the post, weightage marks will not be awarded for it. Weightage marks will be awarded only to those non-qualifying degrees which are claimed in the application and which are acquired on or before the last date for receipt of applications.
Note (2): Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce equivalency certificate / the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of certificate verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification.
- People who have passed the Kerala government’s State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for college lecturers are not required to take the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teachers.
- Individuals who have successfully completed the Junior Research Fellowship or National Eligibility Test are not required to take the State Eligibility Test.
- Individuals holding Ph.D., M.Phil., or M.Ed. degrees are not required to take the State Eligibility Test, as long as they have an M.Phil. in the relevant field from one of Kerala’s universities or one that is acknowledged as equivalent by any of Kerala’s universities.
- Teachers in the General Education subordinate service who have completed ten (10) years of approved high school teaching service are exempt from taking the State Eligibility Test. As of February 4, 2005, [GO(P) No. 36/2005/Gl.Edn.
- Candidates who are SC/ST or who have disabilities will receive a 5% post-graduation mark relaxation, per G.O.(Ms) No.288/15/Gl.Edn. dated November 13, 2015.
Kerala PSC HSST History Vacancy 2023
The PDF below will provide the details on anticipated vacancy of the HSST History Recruitment 2023.
Kerala PSC HSST History Selection Process 2023
The following are the HSST History selection stages:
- Written Exam
- Verification of Documents
Those who pass every round will be chosen for the aforementioned position.
Kerala PSC HSST History Apply Link 2023: Direct
Candidates who suitable all the requirements can apply for the position by clicking the link provided below.
Kerala PSC HSST History Recruitment 2023: How to Apply
To apply for the HSST History post, please follow the steps listed below.
Step One: Visit Kerala PSC Thulasi website @https://thulasi.psc.kerala.gov.in/thulasi/
Step Two: Enter your login credentials on the right side table
Step Three: Click on the Notification Tab
Step Four: Find the HSST History Recruitment link from the open categories
Step Five: Click on “Apply Now” tab (If eligible)
Step Six: Fill out the required detals and click on the continue tab
Step Seven: Enter your photogrpah details and continue
Step Eight: Preview the form and submit
HSST History Application Fee
To apply for HSST History Recruitment 2023, there is no application fee.
Documents Required to Apply
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Certificates to prove driving eligibility
- Medical certificate for eye sight (Should be from an Ophthalmologist not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon under the Government)
- Medical certificate for physical fitness (Should be obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon)
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Kerala PSC HSST History Salary 2023
HSST in History should expect to make between 45,600 and 95,600 per month. This pay may vary based on experience, qualifications, and additional allowances. It is important to keep in mind that this salary may change from time to time in accordance with government regulations.