Table of Contents
The Kerala PSC Tahsildar Syllabus 2022 was officially issued on the official website for the candidates’ convenience. The Kerala PSC Tahsilda Syllabus 2022 can help you plan your test preparation. Both the syllabus and the Exam Pattern 2022 are provided here. So, if you want to get the highest possible mark in the exam, you should read this article to learn everything there is to know about the Kerala PSC Tahsildar Exam Pattern 2022.
Kerala PSC Tahsildar Exam Pattern 2022
Kerala PSC Tahsildar Exam pattern and syllabus are given below. The candidates can check the official website of Kerala PSC and can download it from the official website of the Kerala PSC. The Kerala PSC Tahsildar syllabus and exam pattern can be downloaded in PDF format.
|Topics||No. of Marks|
|Kerala – Governance & System of Administration||5|
|Life Science and Public Health||4|
|Arts, Literature, Culture, Sports||4|
|Simple Arithmatic, Mental Ability and Reasoning||10|
|Regional Language ( Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil)||10|
Kerala PSC Tahsildar Exam Syllabus 2022
Candidates who are prepared to face the syllabus and exam pattern can pass the Kerala PSC Tahsildar exam. The importance of the Kerala PSC Tahsildar syllabus and test pattern must be understood. The updated syllabus and exam format are the keys to landing your ideal career. Candidates who want to pass the exam in a single sitting should familiarise themselves with the syllabus and identify the crucial points. It is the most important thing that candidates should know after applying for the Kerala PSC Tahsildar position. For the candidates’ convenience, the revised syllabus for the Kerala PSC Tahsildar recruitment is provided below.
- KERALA – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and Religious Reform movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources of Kerala History- United Kerala Movement- Political and Social History of Kerala after 1956
- INDIA – Political History- Establishment of the British- First War of Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform movement- Newspapers – Literature and Arts during the freedom struggle Independence Movement & Mahathma Gandhi – India’s independent – Post independent period – State reorganization – Development in Science, Education, and Technology – Foreign policy.
- WORLD – Great Revolution in England- American War of Independence – French Revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese Revolution- Political History after Second World War- UNO and other International Organization
Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere, Rocks, Landforms, Pressure Belt and Winds, Temperature and Seasons, Global Issues- Global Warming- Various forms of Pollution, Maps- Topographic Maps and Signs, Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System, Oceans and its various movements – Continents, – Nations and their specific features.
- INDIA – Physiography- States and its features, Northern Mountain Region, Rivers, Northern Great Plain, Peninsular Plateau, Coastal Plain, Climate – Natural Vegetation – Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources, Transport system – Road- Water- Railways- Air.
- Kerala – Physiography- Districts and its features – Rivers- Climate – Natural Vegetation – Wild life – Agriculture and research centers – Minerals and Industries – Energy Sources – Transport system – Road – Water- Railway- Air
- India: Economy, Five Year Plans, New Economic Reforms, Planning Commission and Niti Aayog, Financial Institutions, Agriculture – Major Crops, Green Revolution, Minerals. Direct and indirect taxes in India, GST in Indiarationale and structure of GST, benefits of GST.
Constituent Assembly-Preamble-Citizenship- Fundamental Rights, Writs -Habeas Corpus, Mandamus, Prohibition, Certiorari and Quo warranto. Directive Principles of State Policy- Fundamental Duties- Structure of Governments- Union Executive, Parliament and Judiciary- State Executive, Legislature and Judiciary- Local Self Government Institutions (LSGIs)- Important Constitutional Amendments (42, 44, 52, 73, 74, 86, 91, 97, 101, 102, 103, 104)- Constitutional Authorities and their functions – Comptroller and Auditor General, Attorney General, Advocate General, Election Commission of India, State Election Commission, Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commission- Finance Commission- State Finance CommissionGST Council- Distribution of legislative powers- Union List- State ListConcurrent List- Services under the Union and the States- Tribunals-National Commission for Scheduled Castes- National Commission for Scheduled TribesNational Commission for Backward Classes- Official Language-Regional Languages-Language of the Supreme Court, High Courts, etc-Special directives relating to languages
Kerala Governance and System of Administration
Kerala State Civil Service- Quasi-judicial bodies, various Commissions, Basic facts of socio-economic development- Planning Board-Commercial Planning and Policies- Disaster Management- Watershed Management- Employment and Labour-National Rural Employment Programmes- Land Reforms- Social Welfare and Security- Protection of Women, Children and Senior CitizensPopulation, Literacy, E-governance, Delegated Legislation and its controlsLegislative and Judicial controls- Constitutional law remedies against Administrative Arbitrariness- Administrative Discretion and its ControlsAdministrative Adjudication-Principles of Natural Justice.
Life Science and Public Health
- Basic facts of Human Body
- Vitamins and Minerals and their Deficiency Diseases
- Communicable Diseases and Causative Organisms, Preventive and Remedial Measures 4. Kerala – Welfare activities in Health Sector
- Lifestyle Diseases.
- Basic Health Facts
- Environment and Environmental Hazards
1) Branches of Physics –Matter – Units, Measurements – Physical Quantities.
2) Motion – Newton’s Laws of Motion – Third law – Momentum – Projectile Motion – Uses of Third Law – Achievements in space missions in IndiaISRO.
3) Light- Lens, Mirrors – Problems based on r = 2f – Different phenomena of Light – Rainbow – Colours of different materials – Electromagnetic Spectrum – IR rays- UV rays – X rays – Photoelectric Effect.
4) Sound – Different types of Waves – Velocity of Sound in different media – Resonance – Reverberation.
5) Force – Different types of Forces – Friction – Advantages and disadvantages of Friction – Liquid Pressure – Buoyant Force – Archimedes Principle – Pascal’s law – Density – Relative density- Adhesive Cohesive forces- Capillarity – Viscous force – Surface tension.
6) Gravitation – Centripetal Force – Centrifugal Force – Escape Velocity, Satellites – Escape Velocity – Weight Mass – value of ‘g’- ‘g’ in different places.
7) Heat – Temperature – Different types of thermometers – Humidity – Relative Humidity.
8) Work – Energy – Power – Simple problems relating to Work, Energy, Power, Levers – Different types of Levers.
- Atom – Molecule – States of Matter – Allotropy – Gas laws – Aqua regia.
- Elements – Periodic Table-Metals &Non metals-Chemical Physical changes- Chemical reactions-Solutions, Mixtures, Compounds.
- Metals-Non metals – Alloys – Acids, Bases – pH value – Alkaloids.
Arts, Sports, Literature and Culture
- Important Audio Visual Art Forms of Kerala- Famous Places, Institutions, Personalities, Artistes and Writers related to origin, development, extension, and practice of these Art Forms.
- Famous Sports personalities of Kerala, India and World – their Sports Events, achievements and awards.
- Important Awards – Corresponding Fields , Winners
- Famous Trophies – Related Events and Sports Items.
- Number of Players in Important Sports Items.
- Important Terms associated with various Sports and Games.
- Olympics – Basic Facts, Venues / Countries, Famous Performances and Personalities- India in Olympics-Winter Olympics & Para Olympics.
- Asian Games, Afro-Asian Games, Common Wealth Games, SAF Games – Venues, Countries, Performance of India, other facts.
- National Games.
- Games – Events, Players, Achievements.
- National Sports / Games , Events of various Countries
- Malayalam – Important Literary Movements – Icons and their first works.
- Main works of Literature related to each movement and their authors.
- Writers – Pen name and Nick name.
- Famous Works and Characters.
- Famous Quotes – Books and Authors.
- Beginning of Journalism in Kerala – Pioneers, Journals and Publications.
- Famous Awards/ Honours – Writers and their works.
- Malayalam Writers who won the Jnanpith Award and related facts.
- Malayalam Cinema – Origin, Development, Milestones, Pioneers, National Awards.
- Kerala – Important Celebrations -Places associated with such Celebrations, Important Festivals.
- Kerala – Cultural Centres, Worship Places, Cultural Leaders and their Contributions.
(III)Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
Mental Ability & Reasoning
- Problems on Mathematical Signs
- Verifying Positions.
- Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd man out
- Numerical Ability
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
Download Kerala PSC Tahsildar Exam Syllabus 2022 PDF
The Kerala PSC Tahsildar syllabus can be downloaded in pdf format from the Kerala PSC’s official website. Candidates can download the PDF and create a study plan based on it in order to pass the exam. Those who want to get the syllabus in pdf format can do so on the official website.
Entri App provides you with the most up-to-date practice questions for a variety of competitive exams. Download the Entri App to get started with your comprehensive preparation.