Mental Ability or Reasoning questions are those in which a logical level of analysis is required to obtain the correct solution. The questions could be based on simple concepts or some of them requires out of the box thinking. In this article, we will see some most frequently asked Mental Ability Questions and Answers for Bank Exam 2020. They could be classified as:-
- Verbal Reasoning: It tests the ability to extract information and implications in a sentence. It includes:
- Logical Sequence of words
- Cause and effect
- Venn diagrams
- Character puzzles
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Blood relation
- Cube & Cuboid
- Seating arrangement
- Direction sense test
- Data sufficiency
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: It is the ability to logically understand the concepts and solve problems expressed in numbers/letters/figures in combination with words. Some very important topics that come under Non-Verbal Reasoning are:
- Mirror and Water Image
- Paper Cutting and Folding
- Cubes and dices
- Embedded figures
- Matrix-based questions
- Pattern completion
Initially, let’s understand some tips on how to solve mental ability questions to ease our forward journey:
- Read and grasp the information carefully. Think of all the possibilities in it.
- Analyze critical logical information. The candidate has to apply various approaches to different types of questions. We can’t mention a fixed theory to solve these questions. Candidates have to choose the method that helps them arrive at the answer in the shortest time.
- Compare the answer obtained with other possibilities. Once, you obtain an answer compare them with answers obtained in other methods and ensure your method is right. Go through all the options and don’t jump towards the final answer.
- Arrive at the conclusion that is the closest.
Here are some Mental Ability questions for your practice:
Q 1. Introducing Divya, Akhil said, ‘She is the wife of my mother’s only son. How is Divya related to Akhil?
(5) None of these
Answer: Divya is the wife of Akhil’s mother’s only son, who is Akhil himself. Hence, the answer is Divya is Akhil’s wife. i.e. (2) Wife.
Q 2. In the following matrix which of the answer figure will replace the question mark?
Answer: Here the relation is in rows.
In (I) Row the designs are of one line, two lines, and three lines.
In (II) row the designs of two lines, three lines, and four lines.
In (III) row the design of three lines, four lines, and five lines.
Hence the answer figure (C) will replace the question marks.
Q 3. Count the number of cubes in the following figure.
Answer: Clearly, we have four columns containing one cube each, three columns containing two cubes each two columns containing three cubes each. Thus, the total number of cubes
= ( 4 × 1 ) + ( 3 × 2 ) + ( 2 × 3 ) = 4+6+6 = 16.
Q 4. One morning after sunrise, Jithin was standing facing a pole. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his right. To which direction was he facing?
4) Data is inadequate
Answer: 3) South
The sun rises in the east and Jithin’s shadow falls to his right. Hence, he is facing South.
Directions (Q5-Q6): Read the information given below and answer the following questions:
Anil, Qasif, Rajat, Supriya, Tina, Uttkarsh, Vartika, Waseem, and Sharon are sitting around a circle facing at the center. Rajat is third to the right of Sharon who is second to the right of Anil. Supriya is not an immediate neighbor of Sharon and Rajat. Tina is third to the left of Supriya. Qasif is third to the right of Waseem who is not an immediate neighbor of Supriya.
Q 5. How many people are sitting between Waseem and Supriya (counted clockwise)?
Answer: (5) Three
Q 6. Who is sitting 3rd to the right of Vartika?
Answer: (1) Tina
Q 7. Analogy- Man : Biography : : Nation: ?
Q 8. In the following question, which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
Q 9. Find the value (?) in the given figure.
Q 10. If 5 – 5 =24 and 7 – 7 =48 then find the value of 10 – 10 =?
We the whole Entri team wishes you all the best for the upcoming bank exams. Enroll in our comprehensive banking course for all the bank exams in 2020-21. We provide you with lectures from the most eminent faculties and detailed study cards for each topic. Additionally, the analysis after each exam helps you find your weaker sections and improve on them. What are you waiting for? Achieve your dream with the most trusted online Ed-tech platform.