Bank Probationary Officer is highly desirable, sought out and one of the most competitive posts in the field of banking, especially when the job offered comes with the charm of a Government job. Even though you are entrusted with a long list of roles and responsibilities, the incredible career opportunity accompanied with great perks, everyday challenges along with the huge learning aspect makes the job more alluring and definitely outweighs the duties you are assigned with! Some of the roles and responsibilities of an Indian Bank PO Officer include dealing with various customer related issues, monitoring and regulating branch activities and multitasking according to the needs of the branch he/she is working in.
Check out the latest mock tests of the Bank PO Exam!
The Indian Bank is one of the top-performing public sector banks in India. It is among the 19 nationalized banks in the country with a significant number of new vacancies each year. The Indian Bank provides plentiful opportunities for career growth for the deserving young talents with their diversified activities.
Roles and Responsibilities of Indian Bank PO Officer
- As a public sector bank, Indian bank gives great importance to public relations and customer relations. An Indian Bank PO is required to address all customer related issues and grievances and reply to any queries made by customers through e-mails, issuing of ATM Cards, demand drafts, and clearing cheques.
- Multi-tasking is expected from the probationary officer once appointed, to maintain and supervise and get involved in all the regular branch related activities.
- Handling loan processing is a major duty given to a PO. It includes the whole process of granting loans with the verification of all the documents.
- Assisting/Clerical work: To get acquainted with the highly diverse work, you can get assigned to any kind of bank-related activities. It may be clerical as well as assisting jobs. You will be trained in transaction software and familiarized with other operations to manage the post of a cashier etc:
- Finance, accounting, marketing billing, and investment will be some of the areas in which you will receive training. The aim is to impart practical knowledge to the officers. Tasks like planning, budgeting, marketing, loan approval, etc are entrusted to the PO, based on personal skills and aptitude. Once you gain enough experience with banking procedures and get acquainted with the banking environment.
- Generation of financial reports: A PO is required to generate financial reports to prevent any discrepancies at the end of the day. The PO is required to maintain official communication between the customers and other departments.
- Verification of clerical work: Verification of clerical work, managing cash balances are some of the important managerial tasks of a PO. A PO should be well aware of the bank’s latest policies and developments to make beneficiary decisions for the bank. They are required to read all the circulars and know all the management decisions taken by the bank.
There are great chances of growth in your job as a Probationary Officer at the Indian Bank. Apart from increments in salary, there are internal examinations conducted for promotions. After clearing which you can grow and reach higher posts.
A career as a Probationary Officer in Indian Bank has great scopes to grow both personally and professionally, based on your performance. There is always the magnetism of the Government job with life long job security. Indian Bank PO provides you, the spectacular chance to gain concrete skills in finance management. It provides you with one of the best career opportunities in the banking field in India. The salary packages and perks you get are pleasing.
Check out the latest mock papers of Bank PO examination here!
Discussion about this post