Table of Contents
The State Bank of India has announced the SBI CBO Recruitment 2023 on its official website on 21st November 2023. Candidates interested in joining the recruitment for Circle Based Officers should go through the following article for the all the information. The selection will be based on the performance of a candidate in an Online Test and Interview. Read below to know everything on SBI CBO Exam 2023.
SBI CBO 2023 Notification PDF
Click here to download your SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) Recruitment 2023 official notification free pdf:
SBI CBO Recruitment 2023
The State Bank of India will recruit 5280 candidates towards the banking service across 08 circles in India. The Circle Based Officers (CBO) would be appointed the same as that of Probationary Officers (PO) in SBI. The Circle Based Officers (CBO) will be on probation for a period of 6 months. After that, they will be placed in the Junior Management Scale. Selected candidates will be appointed on the scale of JMGS-I ( 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850- 1310/7-42020), at the start of the scale i.e. 23,700/- plus one increment for each completed year of service rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank, as on August 01, 2020. The SBI Circle Based Officers will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA)/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances.
SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) 2023 Important Dates
For any candidate joining a recruitment process, it is necessary to know the schedule of the process. This includes dates for events like application closure, call letter download, exam dates, result announcements, etc. Candidates can find the SBI CBO 2023 dates below.
|SBI CBO Notification PDF||21st November 2023|
|SBI CBO Apply Online Starts||22nd November 2023|
|Online Registration Ends on||12th December 2023|
|Last Date for Editing the Application||January 2024|
|SBI CBO Call Letter||January 2024|
|SBI CBO 2023 – 24 Exam Date||January 2024|
SBI CBO Vacancy 2023
There are a total of 5280 regular vacancies that have been released. Candidates can find the circle and category-based distribution of the same in the table below.
|Lucknow||Hindi / Urdu||90||45||162||60||243||600|
SBI CBO Backlog Vacancies 2023
The backlog vacancies for SBI Circle Based Officers 2023 recruitment is as follows:
The SBI CBO recruitment has a set of stipulations and criteria that candidates have to meet. Those who meet the criteria can apply and appear for the recruitment process. Conversely, those who are ineligible cannot appear for the exam and will be disqualified. Hence, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria carefully. This section covers the eligibility criteria for SBI CBO 2023.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University in India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The age limit for SBI CBO is as follows-
Below is the age relaxation provided according to various categories.
SBI CBO Age Relaxation
Specific categories of students will receive upper age limit relaxation. The following table gives the details for this.
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|General (PWD)||10 years|
|OBC/ OBC(PWD)||13 years|
|Eligible – Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/
Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and
have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application)
otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or
physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
SBI CBO Experience
SBI CBO is a post that demands prior work experience in a bank setting. The following are the conditions for the same.
- Recent graduates cannot apply for the SBI CBO as SBI is demanding a minimum of 2 years experience as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank / any Regional Rural Bank.
- Candidates working with subsidiaries of Scheduled Commercial Banks will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates working in SBI in a clerical/ supervisory cadre or employees engaged on a contract basis will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have resigned from officer grade in SBI will not be eligible to apply.
SBI CBO local language
Those applying for SBI CBO should know the local language requirements.
- Candidates applying for vacancies of a State have to produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specific local language of the applied State as one of the subjects.
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular Circle, should be proficient (reading, writing and understanding) in any one of the specified local languages of that Circle (mentioned against each Circle) to be selected by candidate at the time of registration of application.
SBI Circle Based Officer Selection Pattern
The Circle Based Officers (CBO) selection in the State Bank of India (SBI) has two stages of screening:
- Shortlisting, and
- Personal Interview
If the number of applicants is high, then SBI may conduct a preliminary stage written examination for the further screening process. SBI will declare the merit list on State-wise, and category wise. If more than one candidate scores the cut-off marks, such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order.
SBI CBO Online Application
Interested candidates can start their application by visiting the SBI career page. Let’s have a look at the steps to complete the SBI CPO application:
- Visit the SBI Career page, Click Here.
- Click on the “Click for New Registration” and enter your personal details.
- Once you complete the registration, pay the required application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||No Fees|
|Other Category||Rs. 750|
- For completing the applications candidates have to upload the following documents:
i. Recent Photograph
iii. ID Proof (PDF)
iv. Proof of Date of Birth (PDF)
v. Brief Resume – detailing educational/ professional qualification, experience and assignments handled (PDF)
vi. Educational Certificates: Relevant MarkSheets/ Degree/ Certificate (PDF)
vii. Professional Qualification Certificate (eg. MBA, CA, CFA, ICWA etc.) if any.
viii. JAIIB/ CAIIB certificate (if any)
ix. Experience certificates (PDF)
x. Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF)
xi. 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified local language of the applied State as one of the subjects.
- Candidates shall not submit more than one application if an applicant submits the multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charges paid for the other registrations will lose out.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.