In our comparative analysis series, we are here with a comparative analysis on SBI Clerk vs Indian Bank PO(Indian Bank Probationary Officer Exam). While last year Indian Bank PO had announced 414 vacancies, 8000 clerk vacancies are expected through the SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment. Here is an attempt of a detailed comparative analysis of SBI Clerk vs Indian Bank PO in terms of their job profile, responsibilities, salary and career growth.
SBI Clerk vs Indian Bank PO: Career Opportunities
The Indian Bank is one of the top-performing public sector banks in India. It is one of the 19 nationalized banks in the country with a significant number of new vacancies each year. The Indian Bank provides plentiful opportunities for career growth for the deserving young talents with their diversified activities.
Clerks can be promoted to Traniee officer or JMG scale 1 officer . It takes minimum 3 years (under fast track promotion. You can become a Trainee Officer (Equivalent to PO) within a period of 2 years after successfully completing their Internal Exam (i.e Trainee Officer Exam). Probationary Officer is a post, where an officer is directly recruited with any Degree qualification. Though both are equal category, there is a special tag for Probationary Officer. Probationary Officer is always considered superior in their hierarchy (unofficially). Though technically both are equal post as Officer.
SBI Clerk vs Indian Bank PO: Responsibilities
Indian Bank PO Officer Job Profile
- As a public sector bank, Indian bank gives great importance to public relations and customer relations. An Indian Bank PO is required to address all customer related issues and grievances and reply to any queries made by customers through e-mails, issuing of ATM Cards, demand drafts, and clearing cheques.
- Multi-tasking is expected from the probationary officer once appointed, to maintain and supervise and get involved in all the regular branch related activities.
- Handling loan processing is a major duty given to a PO. It includes the whole process of granting loans with the verification of all the documents.
- Assisting/Clerical work: To get acquainted with the highly diverse work, you can get assigned to any kind of bank-related activities. It may be clerical as well as assisting jobs. You will be trained in transaction software and familiarized with other operations to manage the post of a cashier etc:
- Finance, accounting, marketing billing, and investment will be some of the areas in which you will receive training. The aim is to impart practical knowledge to the officers. Tasks like planning, budgeting, marketing, loan approval, etc are entrusted to the PO, based on personal skills and aptitude. Once you gain enough experience with banking procedures and get acquainted with the banking environment.
- Generation of financial reports: A PO is required to generate financial reports to prevent any discrepancies at the end of the day. The PO is required to maintain official communication between the customers and other departments.
- Verification of clerical work: Verification of clerical work, managing cash balances are some of the important managerial tasks of a PO. A PO should be well aware of the bank’s latest policies and developments to make beneficiary decisions for the bank. They are required to read all the circulars and know all the management decisions taken by the bank.
SBI Clerk Job Profile
Clerks/Junior Associate is required to assist customers and potential customers through various banking processes. They need to be highly confident and answer every query. They are involved in
1. Document Verification
2. Managing Single Window Counter
3. Attending to Government Treasury Work
4. Update Pass Books
5. Issue Cash Receipts at Counters
6. Clearing and Transferring Cheques and Receipts as per request
7. Verification of Vernacular Signatures