Table of Contents
Who doesn’t want to start their brand new without any product of milk? Milk and dairy products are an inevitable part of human life. So, celebrating a day for it suitably counts perfect. Milk is a part of a healthy and balanced diet and the day for celebrating its richness creates an awareness as well as spreads its richness all over. Taking consideration of the rapport of India and milk or dairy products, the country has emerged as one the largest producers of milk in the world over 150 million tones of production as well as per capita availability of over 300 grams a day. Read further for the World Milk Day 2023 Facts Celebrations and Slogans.
Are you curious to know about the history of milk, something that is celebrated all over the world? Read further to learn better about the history, significance and interesting facts behind World Milk Day. Know about World Milk Day 2021 Facts Celebrations and Slogans here.
World Milk Day History
The World Milk Day was introduced by the UN, Food and Agriculture Organization in 2001. June 1 is the proper day for this celebration as many countries were already celebrating the richness of milk during this time of the year. Over six billion people consume dairy products and one billion people’s livelihood gains prominence with the involvement of dairy products. Over years, the celebrations are happening in different ways as per the variations of culture and country.
Objectives of World Milk Day
World Milk day is considered to be a day to let the world aware of the benefits, necessities and true health it provides. It stands as an integral part of our food system.
World Milk Day is celebrated for acknowledging the labor, hardship and works provided by the farm workers and other laborer. There, we acknowledge the members from the farm to the packaging industry. There is also an inclusion of students and young minds in the celebration.
This is to instill the knowledge and pass on the culture to the next generation. A form of gratitude is made possible among them to understand the value of the food items, especially the milk we possess.
Various activities and participation instances can be promoted for the students and youth. Along with that, many campaigns and seminar sections for the enrichment of knowledge among students will be effective.
World Milk Day 2023: Theme and Celebrations
2023: As stated by worldmilkday.org, the theme of World Milk Day 2023 is “showcasing how dairy is reducing its environmental footprint, while also providing nutritious foods and livelihoods.”
2022: The day followed the theme of achieving “Dairy Net Zero” in 2022. This means that the day intends to reduce dairy industry greenhouse gas emissions over the next 30 years. The subject also emphasises the importance of better waste management in the dairy industry in order to make the industry more sustainable.
2021: World Milk Day 2021 had celebrated with a theme focusing on “sustainability in the dairy sector along with empowering the environment, nutrition, and socio-economic.” The theme aims to spread more and more awareness every year about including milk and dairy products in the diet regularly.
2020: In 2020, as the impact of the coronavirus hit its peak, the global celebrations were hindered. But he social media platforms paved the way as a reminder to it even amidst the pandemic. The promotion of slogans, educational videos, talks by doctors and other relevant activities happened in 2020 World Milk Day.
2019: In 2019, the attraction was the theme that resonated globally. “Drink Milk: Today and Every Day” was the key goal through the 2019 celebrations. Throughout the day, the volunteers, students and other representatives from different sectors contribute their knowledge about the benefits of dairy products and milk in particular. The powerful and effective webinars and talks will be there through social media platforms as well as through other media.
2018: In 2018, The #WorldMilkDay gained 868 million impressions. #RaiseAGlass and such slogans resonated throughout the world during that day. The number of people involved in such campaigns and awareness programs increased.
2017: In 2017, there were numerals events about 588 that took place in over 80 countries. The impact of social media too contributed to it. Milk donations, reaching out to people with calcium deficiency, promoting its production for the poor and deficient countries etc. stood as the highlights.
2016: In 2016, World Milk Day is celebrating in about 40 countries. The theme is to celebrating It with marathons, family runs, farm visits, school activities, conferences and seminars to promote the essentiality of dairy products. Also, stressing the economical and statistical growth of a nation
World Milk Day 2023 Facts
- World Milk Day is being celebrated annually. The day on which is celebrated is June 1 of every year
- It was introduced in the year 2001 and put a start to a global celebration
- The day was announced as the Global Milk Day or World Milk Day by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- The sustainability of dairy products stands as the core of these celebrations
- In this day, the essentiality, benefits, awareness and promotion of dairy products are given stress.
World Milk Day 2023: Relevance
The dairy sector is an inevitable part of the food production, health and nutrition sector and economic, social and development of a nation. Over years, the human beings and other living being are getting benefits from the production of milk. As per the consummation rate, dairy products have increased 100 times more than the history. Dairy products and especially the usage of milk became a part of daily routines.
The involvement of products with the inclusion of milk and cereals with the need for milk also counts in this. Even though the consumption of milk and dairy products varies in various countries, the base ingredient of every such product stands stable as milk. As it holds such prominence in the diet chart of every single person, celebrating World Milk Day becomes a prominent factor too.
As stated by worldmilkday.org, the theme of World Milk Day 2023 is “showcasing how dairy is reducing its environmental footprint, while also providing nutritious foods and livelihoods.”
How does Drinking Milk Improve Your Health?
Milk has its natural health benefits and the right nutrient-rich benefits. Over years, humans are in a deep connection with milk and regularly add them to their diet, only because it has its unique qualities.
Nutrient-rich: The intake of milk regularly helps people to attain nutrition, calcium and health benefits for bone. The regular intake of milk is good for children for their proper growth and development
How World Milk Day is Celebrated?
- The World Milk Day celebrations come in a variety. People from all over the globe celebrate it differently. People of New York State, USA conducted the World Milk Day Milk Donation for the needy community and poor folks in need of it in their local community.
- New recipes and videos by the famous chiefs and cooking enthusiasm on World Milk Day. The social media platform is the perfect place for that. The mixture of healthy ingredients with the core milk recipes makes delicious items in a new way.
- You can visit a local dairy or farm with the school students to build their knowledge about dairy production. Let them learn about milking the cow, pasteurizing and the whole process till the package. Along with that, sufficient classes and demonstrations can be put forward to teach the young generation, the need for sustainability of such farms
- You can also introduce other dairy products to your friends and family, encouraging them to consume and savor the varieties of dairy products.
- Certain competitions and World Milk Day Quiz 2023, among the community of students to promote awareness and knowledge regarding the dairy products
World Milk Day Slogans 2023
The students can also introduce slogans and quotes for their gatherings on World Milk Day to make them effective.
- Drink a glass of milk every day to make the unhealthy life stay away
- Say yes to milk and say yes to health
- Make it hot, serve it warm and drink it delicious
- Let this World Milk Day make a change
- A healthy diet for a long Life. Add a glass of milk to your long life
- Make them taste better, add some butter
- Make way to the world of health, don’t forget the glass of milk
- Drink it, Milk is for everyone, not only for the young, not only for the old
- Savoring the milk, saving the health
Thus, milk is one of the essentialities of human beings for better health and a proper diet plan. Hope this article on World Milk Day 2023 Facts Celebrations and Slogans benefits you. Promoting World Milk Day and World Milk Day in India can highly contribute to the future developments and health benefits. Hope the Apart from that, milk stands as a source of savor. So, how do you plan to celebrate World Milk Day 2023?
World Milk Day 2023: Quiz
1. What is pasteurization?
a) Louis Pasteur’s germ theory.
b) A necessary vaccination for cows.
c) Heating of milk to 72 degrees Celsius and rapidly cooling it to 4 degrees Celsius.
2. Who initiated World Milk Day?
a) Feeding India
b) Food and Agriculture Organization
c) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
3. The special milk that a cow produces for her newborn calf is called?
4. Milk and milk products are the best source of…?
5. How to store fresh farm milk for longer?
a) Add a pinch of sugar
b) Add a pinch of salt
c) Adding flavours
6. Who invented milk chocolate?
a) Hans Sloane
b) William Cadbury
c) Milton Hershey
7. Father of India’s white revolution is known as?
a) Dr. Varghese Kurian
b) M.S Swaminathan
c) G.S Bhalla
8. How much milk is produced each year worldwide, in billions of gallons?