The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination has not been released yet. Candidates will be updated with the information once announced, officially by the website.
Bank of Baroda SO is one of the best career options for candidates who aspire to work as a specialist officer. The specialist officer will be appointed in the Middle Management Grade/Scale-III (MMG/S-III) and Middle Management Grade/Scale-II (MMG/S-II). Candidates can find the complete information related to the examination below:
Bank Of Baroda Eligibility Criteria
The candidates intending to apply for the post must ensure they should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria listed below.
- 2 years MBA or equivalent recognized by UGC with specialization in marketing, sales or retail. In case of dual specialization, if marketing is of one of them, the candidate becomes eligible.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be recognized from University/Institute/Board recognized by the Government of India/approved by Govt.
- Regulatory bodies and the final result should have been declared on the same year of passing. (15.12.2020 as the year-2020) and to be submitted at the time of interview.
- The date of passing the examination, which is reckoned for the eligibility, will be the date of passing, appearing on the mark-sheet/ provisional certificate, issued by the university/institute.
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/Institut and a web based certificate is issued then a certificate in original is issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute.
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation/Post Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
- In case of CGPA/ OGPA awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicate the same in the online application.
- During the interview the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating the norms of the university regarding the conversion of grade to percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- The percentage of marks, unless mentioned by the University/ Board, shall be arrived at, by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects in all semesters/years by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of Honours/Optional/Additional optional subjects multiplied by hundred.
- Candidate can apply for only one post under this project.
Nationality and Citizenship:
- The candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit:
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers, including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs)
who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment
is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of the application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on
account of misconduct, inefficiency, or physical disability attributable to military service – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of the necessary certificate(s) at the time of the interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank.
1. Educational Qualification – 2 years MBA or equivalent recognized by UGC with specialization in marketing, sales or retail. In case of dual specialization, if marketing is of one of them, the candidate becomes eligible, graduation of a one year Diploma in Banking, any certification in banking recognized by AICTE.
2. Age Limit – Minimum age limit 20 years and maximum age limit 30 years.
3. Work Experience – 4 years of work experience in sales and distribution in sales and mutual funds, insurance products in banks, mutual funds and NBFC’s or any private sector banks.
Well begun is half done. Start your preparation today. It’s never too late for a good start. Believe in yourself. As the saying goes, where there’s a will there’s a way, begin with a positive note. Good Luck.