The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination is released by the commission through the official website. Candidates can check for the complete details regarding the examination using the official notification through the website.
Bank of Baroda SO is one of the best career options for candidates who aspire to work as a specialist officer. The specialist officer will be appointed in the Middle Management Grade/Scale-III (MMG/S-III) and Middle Management Grade/Scale-II (MMG/S-II). The exam preparation must be very strategic as the Bank of Baroda SO examination is one of the most participated baking examinations in the country. The given below are the list of the Bank of Baroda SO books that the candidates can use for the preparation.
Bank of Baroda SO Books 2022
The given below is the list of the best books that the candidates can use for their Bank of Baroda SO exam preparation 2022.
Professional Knowledge Component
Professional knowledge for BOB/IBPS/SBI Specialist IT Officer by Disha Publications.
- Covers twenty thousand plus questions and practice papers.
- IBPS/SBI IT previous years question papers
Ace IT Officer Professional knowledge by Adda 247 publications.
- Includes thousand two hundred plus questions.
- Covers networking, DBMS, Operating System, Data structure, Programming languages and much more.
- Practice paper sets with detailed solution.
Inspiring Strategic Preparation – BOB SO 2022 Specialist Officer (Prelims) by Edugorilla
- Contains multiple choice questions modeled on important topics.
- As per latest syllabus and pattern.
- Full length mock tests for the complete preparation.
Banking and Financial Awareness by Kiran
- Contains concept-wise content
- A guide to finance and banking subjects.
- Many objective type questions are solved
English Language Component
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- It is highly recommended for the language component in both phases.
- It contains worksheets and practice papers.
- The language used is easy to understand.
- It helps improve vocabulary
Objective General English by S.Chand
English for Bank Exams by R.S Agarwall
Quantitative Aptitude Component
Qualitative Aptitude by R. S. Agawall.
- It helps in understanding of the concepts.
- The descriptions used are precise and easily understandable.
- Provides facts and tricks that are beneficial to solve the questions,
- It falls under the concept based category.
- Contains 200-300 questions per chapter
Quantum Cat by Serves Kumar Verma.
- Enhances thinking ability.
- Contains a wide range of questions.
- Comes with previous years solved question papers.
- Descriptive and detailed explanations are provided
Reasoning Ability Component
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R. S. Agawall.
- Has a wide range of solved questions in it.
- Contains worksheets and practice papers.
- It has a concept-based approach to the question rather than logic.
- The key factor is it contains a detailed description of each question.
- Helps in understanding of the subjects
Accredited Guide to DI and DS by Arian Publications
- Helps in the preparation of data interpretations.
- Insights to tricks and key points
- Contains level-based questions
- Graphical Descriptions are provided for a better understanding.
- Contains 200-300 solved questions per chapter
Bank Of Baroda SO Preparation Tips
The given below are some of the preparation tips that the candidates can follow to make their Bank of Baroda SO exam preparation more strategic and result oriented.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
Syllabus for IBPS SO Examination
Professional Knowledge (Wealth Management):
- Indian Financial System
- Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates
- SEBI Powers and Functions
- Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992
- Depositories and aspects of the Despositories Act 1996
- Insider Trading
- Security Appellate Tribunal
- FEMA act 1999
- History of Forex Market
- Bonds Features and types
- RBI and SEBI’s circulars
- Regulating the intermediaries and stock exchanges, corporatization, demutualization and regulation of stock exchange, listing agreement de-materialization and re-materialization
- mergers amalgamation and takeovers, types and legal processes during takeover, substantial acquisitions, exemptions by laws, exemption by SEBI
- Public offer and disclosure requirements
- Unfair trade practices in the securities market, securities market offense.
- Prohibition of insider trading
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- LCM and HCF
- Approximation and Simplification
- Profit and Loss
- SI and CI
- Problems on Ages
- Work and Time
- Spped, Distance and Time
- Permutation and Combination
- Average Ratio and Proportion
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
- Machine Input and Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol System
- Data Sufficiency
- Numeric Systems and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning
- Error Spotting
- Sentences and Rearrangements
- Reading comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and Phrases etc.
I like to state a quote that keeps me motivated and boosts my confidence level, “Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel. How long is life for you? As you’ve come to this world, leave some mark behind, or where is the distance between you, trees and stones, they too come into existence, decay and die.” Remember, life is a roller- costar ride it’s never simple, you’ll get through this and the exam too. Focus and be honest to yourself. Ask yourself why you are doing this. Prepare for the best. I hope this helped. Good luck.