The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination is not released yet. Candidates will be updated with the information once announced, officially by the website.
Bank of Baroda SO is one of the best career options for candidates who aspire to work as a specialist officer. The specialist officer will be appointed in the Middle Management Grade/Scale-III (MMG/S-III) and Middle Management Grade/Scale-II (MMG/S-II). Candidates can find the complete information related to the examination below:
Syllabus for IBPS SO Examination
Professional Knowledge (Wealth Management):
- Indian Financial System
- Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates
- SEBI Powers and Functions
- Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992
- Depositories and aspects of the Despositories Act 1996
- Insider Trading
- Security Appellate Tribunal
- FEMA act 1999
- History of Forex Market
- Bonds Features and types
- RBI and SEBI’s circulars
- Regulating the intermediaries and stock exchanges, corporatization, demutualization and regulation of stock exchange, listing agreement de-materialization and re-materialization
- mergers amalgamation and takeovers, types and legal processes during takeover, substantial acquisitions, exemptions by laws, exemption by SEBI
- Public offer and disclosure requirements
- Unfair trade practices in the securities market, securities market offense.
- Prohibition of insider trading
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- LCM and HCF
- Approximation and Simplification
- Profit and Loss
- SI and CI
- Problems on Ages
- Work and Time
- Spped, Distance and Time
- Permutation and Combination
- Average Ratio and Proportion
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
- Machine Input and Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol System
- Data Sufficiency
- Numeric Systems and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning
- Error Spotting
- Sentences and Rearrangements
- Reading comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and Phrases etc.
Best books for Preparation of the IBPS Examination
Professional Knowledge Component:
Professional knowledge for IBPS/SBI Specialist IT Officer by Disha Publications.
- Covers twenty thousand plus questions and practice papers.
- IBPS/SBI IT previous years question papers
Ace IT Officer Professional knowledge by Adda 247 publications.
- Includes thousand two hundred plus questions.
- Covers networking, DBMS, Operating System, Data structure, Programming languages and much more.
- Practice paper sets with detailed solution.
Inspiring Strategic Preparation – IBPS SO 2021 Specialist Officer (Prelims) by Edugorilla
- Contains multiple choice questions modeled on important topics.
- As per latest syllabus and pattern.
- Full length mock tests for the complete preparation.
Banking and Financial Awareness by Kiran.
- Contains concept-wise content
- A guide to finance and banking subjects.
- Many objective type questions are solved
English Language Component:
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- It is highly recommended for the language component in both phases.
- It contains worksheets and practice papers.
- The language used is easy to understand.
- It helps improve vocabulary
Objective General English by S.Chand
English for Bank Exams by R.S Agarwall
Quantitative Aptitude Component
Qualitative Aptitude by R. S. Agawall.
- It helps in understanding of the concepts.
- The descriptions used are precise and easily understandable.
- Provides facts and tricks that are beneficial to solve the questions,
- It falls under the concept based category.
- Contains 200-300 questions per chapter
Quantum Cat by Serves Kumar Verma.
- Enhances thinking ability.
- Contains a wide range of questions.
- Comes with previous years solved question papers.
- Descriptive and detailed explanations are provided
Reasoning Ability Component
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R. S. Agawall.
- Has a wide range of solved questions in it.
- Contains worksheets and practice papers.
- It has a concept-based approach to the question rather than logic.
- The key factor is it contains a detailed description of each question.
- Helps in understanding of the subjects
Accredited Guide to DI and DS by Arian Publications
- Helps in the preparation of data interpretations.
- Insights to tricks and key points
- Contains level-based questions
- Graphical Descriptions are provided for a better understanding.
- Contains 200-300 solved questions per chapters
I like to state a quote that keeps me motivated and boosts my confidence level, “Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel. How long is life for you? As you’ve come to this world, leave some mark behind, or where is the distance between you, trees and stones, they too come into existence, decay and die.” Remember, life is a roller- costar ride it’s never simple, you’ll get through this and the exam too. Focus and be honest to yourself. Ask yourself why you are doing this. Prepare for the best. I hope this helped. Good luck.