The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. It is a government job. A career in this field ensures wide range of opportunities and exposures in the area like credits, operations forex and administration for all the officers joining the bank. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination has not yet been released. Candidates will be updated with the information once announced, officially by the website.
Important Insights Of The Examination
Bank of Baroda SO Exam Pattern:
- Reasoning – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry 1 mark each
- English Language – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry a 0.5 mark each.
- Qualitative Aptitude – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry 1 mark each.
- Professional Knowledge – Total of 50 questions and individual question one and 1.25 mark each.
Phases of the Examination:
- Phase I – Online Aptitude Test
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Phase II- Group Discussions and Personal Interview
Bank of Baroda SO Study Plan 2021
A study plan refers to a customized timetable that gives a quick idea about how to proceed further concerning the preparation for the examination. Assuming that the candidate has already finished thoroughly learning the basics and worked out few practice papers, here is a 30 days planner designed for you. The pattern is general, the candidate can modify the same and follow it accordingly. The planner is set according to day wise. The goal is to cover topics from all four sections of the syllabus based on their level of complexity. Here is a planner made for you.
- Important topics and Insights.
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations.
- Direction Sense
- Coding and decoding.
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
- Machine Input and Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol System
- Data Sufficiency
- Most of the questions appear from the topics above.
- The candidate must practice many numbers of questions to have a clear idea about the concepts.
- The topics mentioned above are tricky and time-consuming.
- One can save a lot of time if these topics are well known.
- Important topics and Insights.
- Grammatical Error Spotting
- Subject-verb agreement
- Reported speech
- Reading comprehension
- Antonyms and synonyms.
- Idioms and Phrases
- Candidates must focus on the understanding of the topics in depth.
- Comprehension reading can be time-consuming, so make sure to glance at the questions asked, so it’ll be easy to focus on the content asked.
- Start reading editorials from newspapers.
- Important topics and Insights.
- Number system
- Profit and loss
- Time and distance
- Data interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Average Ratio and Proportion
- These topics require out-of-the-box tricks to get the correct answer
- Candidates must know tables, squares and cubes of numbers at least up to 50
- While solving candidates must use the elimination method to narrow down to possible answers.
- Important topics and Insights
- Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates
- SEBI Powers and Functions
- Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992
- Depositories and aspects of the Depositories Act 1996
- Insider Trading
- Security Appellate Tribunal
- FEMA act 1999
- History of Forex Market
- Bonds Features and types
- RBI and SEBI’s circulars
- Candidates must focus on the overview, importance, concept and scope of marketing.
- Make notes on the topics mentioned and revise them frequently.
- Refer to standard textbooks for in-depth knowledge of the topics which helps in solving a wide range of questions.
|Day 1||Trigonometry||Coding and decoding||Subject-Verb Agreement||History of Forex Market|
|Day 2||Mensuration||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Reading Comprehension||Bonds Features and types|
|Day 3||Algebra||Alphabetical series||Verb||RBI and SEBI’s circulars|
|Day 4||Profit and loss||Number Series||Adverb||Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates|
|Day 5||Time and distance||Analogy and classification||Error Correction||Depositories and aspects of the Depositories Act 1996|
|Day 6||Time and work||Directions||Unseen passages||Mock test|
|Day 7||Geometry||Seating arrangements||Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement||Windows Operating System Basics|
|Day 8||Ratio and proportion||Nonverbal reasoning||Idioms||Internet Terms and Services|
|Day 9||Age calculations||Blood relations||Tenses||FEMA act 1999|
|Day 10||Calendar and clock||Statement and conclusions||Synonym and antonyms||Security Appellate Tribunal|
|Day 11||Data Interpretation||Similarities and differences||Sentence/ Para Completion||Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992|
|Day 12||Number system||Analytical reasoning||Para jumbles||Revision|
|Day 13||Simple and compound interest||Arguments and assumptions||Sentence rearrangement||Revision|
|Day 14||Statistics||Data Interpretation||Fill in the blanks||Revision|
|Day 15||Percentage||Decision making||mock test||Revision|
|Day 16||Ratio and proportion||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Vocabulary||Revision|
|Day 17||Age calculation||Alphabetical series||Grammar||Revision|
|Day 18||Trigonometry||Numerical series||Grammar||Revision|
|Day 19||Geometry||Analogy and classification||Revision||Revision|
|Day 20||Number system||Data Interpretation||Revision||Practice sessions|
|Day 21||Doubts clearing session||Decision making||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 22||Doubts clearing sessions||Non-verbal reasoning||Read articles||Practice sessions|
|Day 23||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 24||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 25||Formulas-Geometry||Doubts clearing session||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 26||formulas-mensuration||Doubts clearing sessions||Practice sessions||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 27||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers||Practice sessions||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 30||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test|
I hope the article was helpful. If you are an aspirant who wants to pursue their career in banking field, it is a golden opportunity for you. The candidates who clear all the phases of the examination will be recruited for the post of Specialist Officer on a CTC basis and as per the industry standards. In case, you are a beginner and need assistance to clear the exam, our Entri app has it all covered for you. Login to our website today and make use of all the information and contents present. For any queries, feel free to post your question and our team will reach you. Well begun is half done. Start your preparation today. Good luck.