The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination has not yet been released. Candidates will be updated with the information once announced, officially by the website.
Important Components of Bank of Baroda Examination
Mode of Examination:
- The mode of examination is online.
- The online examination consists of objective type questions.
- Since the exam is online, the method of marking the answers plays a vital role.
- The candidate must make sure to follow the guidelines provided.
- Before attending the online examination, the candidate must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility clauses.
- For every wrong answer marked, negative marking which is a quarter of one mark (0.33) gets deducted.
Steps To Mark The Response:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options provided by the server.
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the clear response button.
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option.
- To save your answer, you must click on the save and next button.
- To mark the question for review, click on the mark for review and the next button.
- If an answer is selected for a question that is marked for review, that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
Phases of the Examination:
- Phase I – Online Examination.
- Phase II – Group Discussion.
- Phase III – Personal Interview.
- The examination is based on multiple-choice questions.
- It is for 200 marks, which has to be attended in 120 minutes.
- It consists of four main sections, wherein a single section carrying 50 questions each.
- Section I – Reasoning, each question carry a mark.
- Section II – English Language, each question carry half a mark.
- Section III – Qualitative Aptitude, each question carry a mark.
- Section IV – Professional Knowledge, each question carry one and a half mark each.
Cut Off Marks for the Examination:
- The cut off marks depend upon various factors such as the level of difficulty of the exam and performances by the candidates.
- General Category – 60 per cent
- Reserved Category – 55 PERCENT.
- The above mentioned cut off marks is from the year 2020.
- The purpose is to give you all an idea about the scenario.
Bank of Baroda SO Selection Process
The selection of candidates for the post of Specialist Officer will be made based on their performance in all three phases of the examination.
Phase I – Online Examination:
- It is the first stage of the recruitment process.
- Candidates have to appear for an online examination.
- If the first phase is not cleared, the candidate is considered disqualified.
Phase II – Group Discussion:
- The candidates who clear the online examination are eligible to participate in this phase.
- Candidates are evaluated based on their social skills and teamwork.
Phase III – Personal Interview:
- The candidates are gauged based on their thoughts and ideas about the topic asked.
- Candidates with thoughtful and unique approaches/insights are chosen.
- One must have good command over their field of concern.
The candidates who clear all the phases of the examination will be recruited for the post of Specialist Officer on a CTC basis and as per the industry standards.
In case, you are a beginner and need assistance to clear the exam, our Entri app has it all covered for you. Login to our website today and make use of all the information and contents present. For any queries, feel free to post your question and our team will reach you. Good luck.