Table of Contents
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination has been released. Candidates can check with the information that is been announced, officially by the website. It is very important that the candidates understand the complete details regarding the examination and the Bank of Baroda SO Selection Process 2022 to ensure a good performance in the examination. Here in this article are the complete details that the candidates need to know about the Bank of Baroda SO Selection process 2022.
Bank of Baroda SO Selection Process
Bank of Baroda SO examination is one of the most-awaited and anticipated banking-related examinations in the country in 2022. The candidates must be well known about the Bank of Baroda SO Selection process before the examination to make the exam preparation accordingly and ensure better performance. Given below are the complete details regarding the Bank of Baroda SO Selection process 2022 and the Bank of Baroda SO Call letter 2022 that the candidates need to know before appearing for the examination.
The selection of candidates for the post of Specialist Officer will be made based on their performance in all three phases of the examination.
Phase I – Online Examination:
- It is the first stage of the recruitment process.
- Candidates have to appear for an online examination.
- If the first phase is not cleared, the candidate is considered disqualified.
Phase-II – Group Discussion:
- The candidates who clear the online examination are eligible to participate in this phase.
- Candidates are evaluated based on their social skills and teamwork.
Phase III – Personal Interview:
- The candidates are gauged based on their thoughts and ideas about the topic asked.
- Candidates with thoughtful and unique approaches/insights are chosen.
- One must have good command over their field of concern.
The candidates who clear all the phases of the examination will be recruited for the post of Specialist Officer on a CTC basis and as per the industry standards.
Bank Of Baroda SO Exam Pattern 2022
Let’s start with a quick overview of how the Bank of Baroda is going to conduct the exam for the Specialist Officers position. The BOB SO exam will be conducted in two stages.
- Stage 1: Online Test
- Stage 2: Interview/Group Discussion/Psychometric Test
The candidates who clear the BOB SO cut off for the online written examination will be called for the second stage test. The details given below give a great insight into the various steps ad aspects of the Bank of Baroda SO exam pattern.
Bank Of Baroda Online Test Pattern
The table given below will provide detailed insight into the Bank Of Baroda Exam pattern 2022.
Stage 1 of the BOB SO exam consists of a Computer Based Test (CBT). Aspirants’ knowledge in some essential domains namely, Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge will be tested online.
- Each of these sections will be comprised of 50 questions.
- The overall time limit to complete the BOB SO online test is 2 hours for 200 questions.
- Questions asked in the CBT will be bilingual (Hindi, English) except, questions from the English section.
- There is a criterion of mark deduction for attempted wrong answers. In this case, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For a better understanding of the BOB SO syllabus and exam pattern, a structured overview of the number of questions and marks in different sections is mentioned in the below table.
|No. of Questions
Bank Of Baroda Group Discussion Pattern
The candidates who have scored the required cut-off marks in the first stage of the examination will be called for the Group Discussion or the Personal Interview round. These candidates must be prepared with enough preparation for attending the interview panel or to attend the discussion. Candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks for the final selection which is 60% for General Category and 55% for reserved category students.
Important Components of Bank of Baroda Examination
Mode of Examination:
- The mode of examination is online.
- The online examination consists of objective type questions.
- Since the exam is online, the method of marking the answers plays a vital role.
- The candidate must make sure to follow the guidelines provided.
- Before attending the online examination, the candidate must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility clauses.
- For every wrong answer marked, negative marking which is a quarter of one mark (0.33) gets deducted.
Steps To Mark The Response:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options provided by the server.
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the clear response button.
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option.
- To save your answer, you must click on the save and next button.
- To mark the question for review, click on the mark for review and the next button.
- If an answer is selected for a question that is marked for review, that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
Phases of the Examination:
- Phase I – Online Examination.
- Phase II – Group Discussion.
- Phase III – Personal Interview.
- The examination is based on multiple-choice questions.
- It is for 200 marks, which has to be attended in 120 minutes.
- It consists of four main sections, wherein a single section carrying 50 questions each.
- Section I – Reasoning, each question carry a mark.
- Section II – English Language, each question carry half a mark.
- Section III – Qualitative Aptitude, each question carry a mark.
- Section IV – Professional Knowledge, each question carry one and a half mark each.
Cut Off Marks for the Examination:
- The cut off marks depend upon various factors such as the level of difficulty of the exam and performances by the candidates.
- General Category – 60 per cent
- Reserved Category – 55 PERCENT.
- The above mentioned cut off marks is from the year 2020.
- The purpose is to give you all an idea about the scenario.
In case, you are a beginner and need assistance to clear the exam, our Entri app has it all covered for you. Login to our website today and make use of all the information and contents present. For any queries, feel free to post your question and our team will reach you.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations. Good luck.