Table of Contents
Kerala PSC is an establishment under the State Government, is in charge of conducting recruitment exams, to fill the vacancies under various departments. This year Kerala PSC is to conduct the LDC and many other exams. Candidates have to attend a preliminary objective OMR based exam or online exam, then a Mains and physical test. For the exam, exact preparation is a must. Aspirants can rely on books as well as online platforms. In this article, we can know about the best books for Kerala PSC preparation to ace the preparation. Get the Kerala PSC books 2022 here and start your preparations right away!
18 Best Books for Kerala PSC Exam 2022
The candidates who are preparing for the upcoming Kerala PSC exam can now start their preparation with the best books references given here. Comment and let us know we we missed any relevant books and let us all learn together for the upcoming Kerala PSC exam. Get the Kerala PSC exam preparation books here
- For Current Affairs daily updation one should read newspapers. Entri App will provide you point wise details of important news that the candidate must note.
- Kerala PSC publishes PSC bulletins books with 25000 previous questions.. This will really help candidates with the answers and repeated questions that PSC asks.
- Yearbooks of various publications.
- SCERT and NCERT textbooks from class 8 to 10 to cover Kerala history and Indian history. Also for Geography related questions.
- Kerala History by E. Sreedhara Menon.
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal.
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal.
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
- A Survey of Kerala History (a book on Kerala geography).
- Sura’s Publications Kerala PSC Police Constable-Indian Reserve Battalion
- Kerala Navodhanam Talent Publication
- Indian Polity by Lakshmikanth
- Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- High school grammar by Wren and Martin’s English Grammar and Composition
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by S.Chand, R.S.Agarwal.
Topic Based Books for Kerala PSC Exam 2022
|Current Affairs||Newspapers- The Indian Express, The Hindustan Times.|
|Kerala history, Indian history, and geography||
|General Awareness for Kerala PSC||Sura’s Publications Kerala PSC Police Constable-Indian Reserve Battalion.|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity by Lakshmikanth|
|English||High school grammar by Wren and Martin’s English Grammar and Composition.|
|Computer Awareness||Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant.|
Kerala PSC Preparation Tips
- The candidates can refer to the books and start their preparation for the upcoming Kerala PSC exam. But, before that, make sure to go through the following preparation tips.
- Get the syllabus with us always and refer to it from time to time. Do not miss any portion
- Make a perfect study plan and devote time to all portions
- Know your weak areas and strong areas and allot time for both
- Make sure to keep notes and highlighters
- If you are looking forward to the study materials, try Entri App for the complete study guide
- Ensure to watch the lectures lessons or videos related to the main topics
- Do not miss out on the practice session. After each main topic, go through some mock tests and sample questions to make yourself confident in your learning process.
Kerala PSC Exam 2022: Topics to Cover
Problems on Numbers, Divisibility test, problems on H.C.F. & L.C.M., Simplification problems, problems on Ratio & Proportions, Percentage problems, problems on Interest, Time and Work problems, Time & Distance problems, problems on Area and Volume, Calendar, Clocks, Trains, Problems on Age
|Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning||
Problems on Logical thinking, Coding & Decoding problems, Letter & Number Series, Odd Man Out problems, Analogy problems, Common Sense Test, problems on Alphabetical Arrangement of Words, Date, and Calendar problems, Sense of Direction problems.
Common Scientific Facts, Important Scientific Phenomena, and Other basic facts in the field of Science.
World, National and Regional Events, knowledge related to Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature
|Facts about Kerala – Renaissance of Kerala
Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
Geography of Kerala, Physical Features, Climate, Soils, Rivers, and Famous Sites. Important Events, Movements`
Leaders of Kerala:
Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T.Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara
|Facts about India
Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
Geography of India, Its Physical Features, Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous Sites Etc. Demography of India, It’s Economic and Social Development, Poverty Alleviation, Economic Planning, Etc. History of India during the Period 1857 to 1947, National Movement.
Constitution of India.
Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives, and Adverbs, Comparison of Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Correction in Sentences, gender, Singular and Plural, Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitution, Problem concerning words, Idioms, and their meanings
|Information Technology and Cyber Laws||
IT & Cyber
Fundamentals of Computers and Network, Internet, and Cyber Laws.
PSC Study Materials 2022
- Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
- Top 10 Cleanest Cities in India
- Election Commission of India
- GI Tags in India
- Important Stadiums in India
- Renaissance in Kerala
- Top 10 largest states in India
- Article, Borrowed Features, Amendments
- List of Finance Ministers
- Top Weekly Current Affairs 2021 November 08 to 14 – GK Notes
- Download the Entri App for free from the Google play store.
- Install the App.
- Select Exam Category- Kerala PSC.
- Avail the contents like- Daily Current Affairs notes, subject-wise notes, online previous year question papers, and full-length tests of various Kerala PSC examinations.
- Also, practice the latest pattern mock tests of current affairs and with Kerala PSC books PDF free download from Entri
Practice on more mock tests and previous question papers to ensure your rank in the upcoming Kerala PSC examination. Entri is the best online platform to start your preparations. All you need to do is download Entri freely and subscribe to the Kerala PSC course. It is very easy to access the course contents and practice the mock tests and daily general awareness.