Table of Contents
The Federal Bank is one of the leading Private Sector Banks in India that conducts the Federal Bank Clerk exam every year. Thousands of candidates enroll on the exam after various levels of preparation. The Federal Bank conducts this examination at a pan India level. The number of candidates who attend the exam has been increasing steadily over the years, making the exam more and more competitive.
The candidates must be aware of the various components of the examination. The Federal Bank will soon release the Federal bank official exam notifications for the recruitment of Officer Scale I in different branches of the bank. The candidates are expected to stay updated accordingly.
Federal Bank Clerk 2021-Exam Pattern
The Federal Bank Clerk exam will be conducted in two phases:
- Online Aptitude Test
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
To get onto the next level of Group Discussion and Personal Interviews, the candidate is required to overcome the Online Aptitude Test.
- 0.25 mark for each wrong response will be deducted as negative marking in the clerk exam
- The Online Aptitude Test will be followed by a psychometric questionnaire for 15 minute
- The Online Aptitude test carries a time duration of 60 minutes
Federal Bank Clerk 2021-Eligibility Criteria
- The Federal Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standard so has to restrict the number of candidates to be called.
- Online aptitude test, group discussion and interview will be conducted in order to select the eligible candidates based on the number of vacancies available.
- The candidate will only be eligible for the Federal Bank Clerk examination, only if they fulfill all the terms and conditions of eligibility criteria.
- The Federal Bank Eligibility includes age limit criteria and educational qualification
- The Federal Bank Exam age limit will be calculated as on 01st July 2021.
- The maximum age of the candidate applying for the federal bank Clerk post should not be more than 24 years as on 01st July 1992
- The candidate should be born on or after 01st July 1994 to be eligible for the job
- The candidate applying for the post of Clerk must hold a Graduate or Post-Graduate degree with a minimum of 60% marks in any discipline from a recognized University
- Candidates who graduated from any other Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 can also apply for the post.
Federal Bank Clerk 2021-Study Plan
- A study plan refers to a customized timetable that gives a quick idea about how to proceed further concerning the preparation for the examination.
- Assuming that the candidate has already finished thoroughly learning the basics and worked out few practice papers, here is a 20 days planner designed for you.
- The pattern is general, the candidate can modify the same and follow it accordingly.
- The planner is set according to day wise.
- The goal is to cover topics from all four sections of the syllabus based on their level of complexity.
Here is a planner made for you,
|English Language||Logical Reasoning||Numerical Ability|
|Day 1||Parts of Speech (Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adverb,
Preposition, Conjunction, Adjective, etc.)
|Day 2||Narration (Direct and Indirect Speech)||Blood Relations||Surds|
|Day 3||Singular- Plural||Alphabet and Number Series||Average|
|Day 4||Antonyms||Distance and Directions||Ratio and Proportion|
|Day 5||Cloze Test||Puzzles||Mixtures and Alligations|
|Day 6||Para-jumbles||Statements and Arguments||Pipes and Cistern|
|Day 7||Spell Checks||Statements and Conclusions||Time and Work|
|Day 8||Comprehension Reading (Story-based and fact-based)||Seating Arrangements (Linear and Circular)||Mensuration|
|Day 9||Subject-Verb Agreement||Classification||Line Graph|
|Day 10||Voice Change (Active and Passive Voice)||Coding-Decoding||Permutation and Combinations|
|Day 11||Articles – A, An, The||Analogy||Number Series|
|Day 12||Synonyms||Assertion and Reasoning||Percentage|
|Day 13||Fill in the Blanks||Input-Output||Profit and Loss|
|Day 14||Phrases and Idioms||Statements and Assumptions||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Day 15||Error Spotting||Practice papers||Boats and Stream|
|Day 16||Mock test-1||Mock test – 1||Problems on Age|
|Day 17||Mock test-2||Mock test-2||Time, Distance and Speed|
|Day 18||Mock test-3||Mock test-3||Pie Chart|
|Day 19||Mock test-4||Mock test-3||Bar Graph|
|Day 20||Practice papers and Workbook||Practice papers and Workbook||Practice papers and Workbook|
Federal Bank Clerk 2021-Exam Tips
The federal bank clerk exam preparation requires a lot of time and effort. The following tips have been drawn up that will help the candidate crack the examination:
1. Detailed Syllabus
- The federal bank clerk exam syllabus will be mentioned on the official website.
- Candidates can deduce the major topics that feature every year from studying past years’ bank exam question papers.
- The topics are also available online and offline along with overview of the complete syllabus
- Knowing the detailed is half the battle won as this helps save time and effort.
- Candidates make the mistake of studying everything under the sun for each subject and end up diluting their efforts. This should be avoided at all costs.
2. Study Planner
- The preparation strategy should include a well-planned schedule of study.
- Candidates should aim to cover portions of the bank exam syllabus sequentially and include revision of topics periodically.
- The study plan should also include analyzing previous years’ bank exam question papers and identifying important topics for the exam.
3. Regular Mock Tests
- Mock tests should be a focus area for the exam.
- The candidate has to answer a large number of questions in a short amount of time.
- Candidates must solve mock tests and stay updated with the type of questions asked in the bank exams.
- Attempting mock tests has two advantages. First, it gives the student a good idea of their preparation level, allowing them to intensify focus on weak areas. Second, it also provides ample practice in solving questions within the stipulated time.
- Mock tests are vital component of the exam because it is conducted online with no scope of re-attempting questions once a section has been finished.
4. Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- Reading newspapers is an important but overlooked part of any banking exam preparation.
- Candidates should regularly read the newspaper, focus on the business pages to cover current affairs for the exam.
- It becomes a big differentiator during the exam while attempting the General Awareness section.
- The Federal bank clerk exam is a two-stage exam with a large overlap in the syllabus between them.
- Candidates should focus on one stage of the exam at a time as the pattern is similar.
- Preparation for the online aptitude test also covers a large part of the selection process
6. Previous Year Question Papers
- Analysing the question papers from previous years will help aspirants understand the level of examination
- It helps to understand the exact exam pattern is being followed.
- This is especially recommended for the candidates appearing for the first time in the exam.
- Candidates will be able to review, questions from which topics are frequently asked and which ones are less important from the exam point of view.
I hope this article was helpful. If you are an aspirant and looking for a good start, our Entri App has got it covered for you. We will assist you with content and insights related to the examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.