The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) is the recruitment body that recruits candidates to various nationalized banks listed under it. IBPS conducts series of exams like IBPS PO/MT.IBPSSO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB Officer Assistant, IBPS RRB Officer scale-1, scale-2 and scale-3. IBPS PO exam is conducted annually to recruit Probationary Officers & Management Trainees. Official notification for IBPS PO will be released on August 2020. The dates of both Preliminary and Main examination of IBPS PO are officially declared. The selection process involves preliminary exam,Main exam followed by Interview. In this article we will discuss few important interview tips that will help you perform well in the interview.
IBPS PO 2020- Important Details
Tabulated below is the important details of IBPS PO 2020 which will give you a brief idea about the exam-
|Name of the examination||Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Probationary Officers/Management Trainees in Participating Organisations (CRP PO/MT-IX)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Salary||Rs:37, 360 to 38,700|
|Age Limit||Minimum age :20 years &
Maximum age: 30 year
|IBPS PO Official notification release date||First week of August|
|Online application starts from||First week of August|
|IBPS PO Preliminary examination date||October 3, 4, 10, 2020
|IBPS PO Mains exam Date||November 28, 2020|
|Conduct of Interview||April 2021|
IBPS PO 2020 Selection Process
The selection process for the IBPS PO posts is conducted in three stages
- Preliminary examination.
- Mains examination.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam
Prelims exam is a one hour objective type examination including three subjects with a total of 100 marks. Exam is conducted online. There is negative marking and for every wrong answer 0.25 of the marks will be deducted. If the question is left unanswered there will be no penalty marks. Candidates have to obtain the minimum cut off marks in each of the three papers to be qualified to appear for the Mains examination.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
Mains exam is also conducted online with a total of 5 (4+1) subjects with a duration of 3 hours + 3 minutes This will be descriptive paper in English subject. Candidates must clear both preliminary & Mains examination to be eligible for interview.
IBPS PO 2020 Interview
The IBPS PO interview is conducted annually by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) and is the last stage of selection process. The candidates who cleared both Prelims & Mains examination will be eligible for IBPS PO interview. Eligible candidates must prepare well for the Interview as it plays crucial part in getting the job. Here in this article we will help you perform well in the interview by sharing few tips. But first let’s see how the interview will be, list of thing you need while attending the interview, Important skills etc.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination will be appearing for the interview of CRP PO/MT- IX examination.
- Interviews will be conducted at selected centres by participating organization &coordinated by nodal banks in each state/UT and the IBPS .
- The address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
- Candidates must download their interview call letters from official IBPS website website www.ibps.in.
- The total marks allocated for interview is 100.
- Interview session will be 10-15 minutes long.
- Candidates should carry all necessary documents when appearing for the interview.
Candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Exam and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available on official IBPS website.
List of Documents to be produced at the time of interview
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter.
- printout of the online application form registered for CRP- PO/MT-IX.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Photo Identify Proof same as the one submitted in the
- Mark sheets or certificates for Graduation / equivalent qualification etc. proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 28.08.2019 has to be submitted.
- candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category must produce relevant caste certificate.
- Disability certificate in the prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Benchmark Disability category.
- Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held at the time of interview.
- If candidates have any working experience then produce experience certificates for the same.
Key Skills Required
- Banking Sector knowledge & current affairs related to it
- Educational qualification
- Ability to handle pressure
- Leadership quality
- Confidence & Communication Skills
- The interview board will have 4-5 members.
- Interview session will be 10-15 minutes long. During this period candidate may have to answer at least 15 questions.
- Mostly questions will be based on your profile like educational qualification, employment history, important achievements, hobbies etc.
- You are also likely to be questioned on topics such as banking awareness, culture and current affairs. Sound knowledge on these topics will help you during interview.
Interview Tips for IBPS PO
As you all know Interview is the last stage of IBPS PO exam. The candidates who clear this stage will be recruited in one of the most reputed public sector banks in India. Below mentioned is few strategies for the candidates that will help you perform better in the interview.
- Firstly Dress in formal and comfortable clothes. Have a neat & clean look ,you know that ‘First impression is the Best impression’.
- You must be well aware of the Job role.
- Before leaving for interview make sure you have all the necessary documents with you.
- Ask permission before entering and shake hands with panel members (if they are reachable to you).
- Maintain right posture i.e., Sit straight slightly leaning to front with hands on your lap or on the table.
- Initiate Conversation if they don’t ask anything within 5 seconds.
- Make eye contact with interviewer & smile occasionally.
- Talk very clearly.
- If you are not sure about an answer don’t hesitate to tell ‘I don’t know’.
Things to avoid during interview-
Listed below are the few activities that you must avoid on interview day-
- Don’t be late. Being late for the interview will leave a bad impression.
- Avoid Smoking, Chewing Gum or using strong perfumes.
- Don’t be rude or impatient during interview as this is a service industry interview. Be Polite.
- Don’t jump to conclusions and answer without thinking.
- Never interrupt or be defensive while cross questioned by panel.
- Let the panel know if you are not sure of the answer. If they ask for your views then answer to the best of your knowledge.
Hope you benefit from this article. Check below given links for further details about IBPS PO Exam.
Click here to get detailed syllabus & exam pattern.
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.