Table of Contents
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced IBPS PO calendar 2023. According to the calendar, IBPS PO 2023 prelims exam will be conducted on September 23, 30 and October 1, 2023. The mains exam of IBPS PO will be conducted on November 5, 2023. The complete schedule for IBPS PO 2023 will be released along with the notification. You can take into consideration the IBPS PO syllabus 2023 PDF download procedure in order to keep it safe and secure on your mobile devices and access it anytime. Given below we are sharing some of the most important specifications related to the IBPS PO 2023 syllabus. You can check out the IBPS PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 PDF from this article.
IBPS PO 2023 Overview
|Exam Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, IBPS|
|Name of Exam||IBPS PO 2023|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
IBPS PO Exam
|Duration of Exam||
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in Online Test|
|Negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online For Prelims & Mains|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi
English Language paper has to be attempted in English.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the authorized recruitment body that recruits candidates to the public sector banks in India other than the State bank of India. IBPS conducts a series of exams like IBPS PO/MT, IBPS SO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB Officer Assistant, IBPS RRB Officer scale-1, scale 2, and scale 3. IBPS PO is the exam that is conducted annually for the recruitment of probationary Officers and Management Trainees to the participating national public sector banks across India. The selection process for the IBPS PO posts is conducted in three stages, Preliminary examination, Mains examination and Interview.
Exam Pattern for Prelims
The candidates should note that there is negative marking for objective tests. For every wrong answer, 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted. If the question is left unanswered there will be no penalty marks. The candidates have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks in each of the three papers mentioned above in order to be qualified to appear for the main examination. Given below we are sharing the details of the Exam Pattern for Prelims in IBPS PO 2023.
Following this pattern, prepare with the updated IBPS PO syllabus pdf free download for prelims.
- The IBPS PO exam pattern 2023 for prelims contains 3 sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The Reasoning Ability section contains 35 questions, the Quantitative Aptitude section has 35 questions and the English language section contains 30 questions.
- Thus the exam has 100 questions and 100 marks. Each question carries 1 mark for the correct answer.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted as a penalty.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Sectional timing for each section is 20 minutes.
Candidates have to clear both the sectional cut off and overall cut off marks in order to get shortlisted for the Mains exam. Follow this prelims pattern and prepare with the updated IBPS syllabus 2023 pdf download.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
Exam Pattern for Mains
Mains exam has introduced a descriptive paper in English subject. Mains exam includes a total of 4+1 subjects with a duration of 3 hours + 3 minutes on the whole. The candidates should note that there is negative marking for objective tests. For every wrong answer, 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted. If the question is left unanswered there will be no penalty marks. The candidates have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks in each of the papers mentioned above in order to be qualified. Candidates should also obtain the minimum total score in the main examination in order to be shortlisted to appear for the interview. Given below we are sharing the details of the Exam Pattern for Mains in IBPS PO 2023.
Here we provide complete details about the IBPS PO mains pattern 2023.
- The IBPS PO mains pattern 2023 will have an objective test and descriptive paper.
- The 4 sections of the objective test are English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General / Economy / Banking Awareness, and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Test. For each wrong answer, one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- The descriptive paper is conducted in typing mode for 25 marks.
NOTE: The tests of Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation are divided into two parts: Section A and Section B. All questions in both the sections (A & B) are compulsory. Some questions will be of 2 marks and some questions will be of 1 mark.
|IBPS PO Mains Pattern 2023|
|Type of Test||Section||Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
|Descriptive Test||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
|Grand Total||225||3 Hours 30
The candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination will be appearing for the interview for the CRP PO/MT- IX examination. The total marks allocated for an interview is 100. Interviews will be conducted by the participating organization. It will be coordinated by the nodal banks in each State/UT and the IBPS and will be conducted at the select centres. The details of the centre, the address of the venue, the time and date of the interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidate in the call letter. The candidates should download the call letter by logging in to the official website. The candidates should carry all necessary documents when appearing for the interview.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2023
IBPS PO syllabus 2023 is also available on the official website of the organization of Institute of Banking personnel selection and the candidates must download the IBPS PO syllabus PDF in order to keep the information safe and secure on their mobile devices. You can separately download the IBPS PO mains syllabus and the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus. There are a lot of different subjects included in this entrance examination and the candidates must check out the details related to each and every subject in order to give the entrance examination without any problem and difficulty. Given below we are sharing the details of the syllabus of IBPS PO 2023.
Syllabus for Prelims
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||–|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||–|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series||–|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability||–|
Syllabus for Mains
|Reasoning||Computer Aptitude||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness|
· Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
· Seating Arrangements(Circular and Linear)
· Double and Triple Lineups
· Blood Relations
· Ordering and Ranking
· Coding and Decoding
· Sufficiency of Arguments and Data
· Directions and Displacement
· Code Inequalities
· Alphanumeric Series
· Computer Aptitude:
· Keyboard Shortcuts
· Computer Related Terms, Abbreviations and Computer Fundamentals
· Microsoft Office and Related Word Processing and Spreadsheet Applications
· Computer Hardware and Software
· Operating Systems and GUI Basics
· Basic Computer Networking
· Financial Knowledge
· Basic Economics
· Current Events of National and International Importance with focus on financial news
· General Knowledge on various topics of importance to financial institutions
IBPS PO 2023 English Language Syllabus
The IBPS PO exam syllabus is really wide so the candidates must have proper information related to each and every subject included in the entrance examination. You must download the IBPS PO reasoning syllabus, IBPS PO English syllabus and IBPS PO maths syllabus separately. Given below, we are sharing the table indicating the syllabus for the data analysis and interpretation and also the English language syllabus separately so that you can prepare for the entrance examination.
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||English Language|
· Statistics (Averages, Mean, Median etc.)
· Representational Statistics(Graphs and Charts)
· Ratio and Proportion
· Data Interpretation
· Data Sufficiency
· Linear Equations
· Quadratic Equations
· Simple and Compound Interest
· Speed, Distance and Time
· Profit, Loss and Discounts
· Time and Work Equations
· Permutations and Combinations
· Age Calculation Equations
· Systems of Equation in Two Variables
· Number Systems
· Mixtures and Alligations
· Reading Comprehension
· Usage of English in Business
· Letter Writing
· Essay Writing
· Verbal Ability
IBPS PO Syllabus- Interview
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main Examination for CRP-PO/MT-X will subsequently
invite to the Participating Organization to conduct the interview and coordinate the Nodal Bank in each State/UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will take place in selected centres.
- The total marks allotted for IBPS PO Interview is 100.
- Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of IBPS PO Online Mains Exam and Interview will be 80:20.
- The combined final score of the candidates will be arrived at on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidates in the CRP-PO/MT-IX Online Main Examination and Interview.
- Candidate should qualify in both online main examination and interview and should have high enough qualities to be shortlisted for the subsequent pre-allotment process.
IBPS PO Syllabus PDF
IBPS PO syllabus 2023 PDF will be also available on the official website of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The candidates need to download the syllabus from the official website as soon as possible and start their preparation for this prestigious IBPS PO vacancy and check out the latest information related to the recruitment opportunity from the official website of IBPS. The entrance examination details will be available for all of the candidates who are willing to participate in this examination from the official website. You have to check out each and every detail in order to prepare yourself.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2023 PDF File Download Here
You have to take into consideration the examination pattern and all of the other details related to the Institute of Banking personnel selection probationary officer vacancy in order to start preparing for the examination and get a chance to serve this organization. You can also check out the details related to the syllabus from the official website or by downloading the PDF of the syllabus. Entri Provides you with an online platform to prepare for the exam. You can download the app free of cost and join the class. Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes and an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers. It also gives you access to clarify your doubts