Table of Contents
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the recruitment body that recruits candidates to various nationalized banks listed under it. IBPS conducts series of exams like IBPS PO/MT, IBPS SO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB Officer Assistant, IBPS RRB Officer scale-1, scale 2 and scale 3. IBPS PO exam is conducted annually to recruit Probationary Officers & Management Trainees. Official notification for IBPS PO will be released on August 2020. The dates of both Preliminary and Main examination of IBPS PO are officially declared. The selection process involves Preliminary exam, Main exam followed by Interview. In this article we will discuss about list of documents required at the time of interview.
IBPS PO 2020- Important Details
Tabulated below is the important details of IBPS PO 2020 which will give you a brief idea about the exam-
|Name of the examination||Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Probationary Officers/Management Trainees in Participating Organizations (CRP PO/MT-IX)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Salary||Rs: 37, 360/- to 38,700/-|
|Age Limit||Minimum age: 20 years &
Maximum age: 30 year
|IBPS PO Official notification release date||First week of August|
|Online application starts from||First week of August|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Examination Date||October 3, 4, 10, 2020
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||November 28, 2020|
|Conduct of Interview||April 2021|
IBPS PO Selection Process
The selection process for the IBPS PO posts is conducted in three stages-
- Preliminary examination.
- Mains examination.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam
Prelims exam is one hour objective type examination including three subjects with a total of 100 marks. Exam is conducted online. There is negative marking and for every wrong answer 0.25 of the marks will be deducted. If the question is left unanswered there will be no penalty marks. Candidates have to obtain the minimum cut off marks in each of the three papers to be qualified to appear for the Mains examination.
IBPS PO Mains Exam
Mains exam is also conducted online with a total of 5 (4+1) subjects with a duration of 3 hours + 3 minutes on the whole. This will be descriptive paper in English subject. Candidates must clear both Preliminary & Mains examination to be eligible for interview.
Click here to get detailed syllabus & exam pattern.
IBPS PO Interview
The IBPS PO interview is conducted annually by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) and is the last stage of selection process. The candidates who cleared both Prelims & Mains examination will be eligible for IBPS PO interview. Eligible candidates must prepare well for the Interview as it plays crucial part in getting the job. Here in this article we will help you perform well in the interview by sharing few tips. But first let’s see how the interview will be, list of thing you need while attending the interview, Important skills etc.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination will be appearing for the interview of CRP PO/MT- IX examination.
- Interviews will be conducted at selected centres by participating organization &coordinated by nodal banks in each state/UT and the IBPS.
- The address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
- Candidates must download their interview call letters from official IBPS website www.ibps.in.
- The total marks allocated for interview is 100.
- Interview session will be 10-15 minutes long.
- Candidates should carry all necessary documents when appearing for the interview.
Candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Exam and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available on official IBPS website.
List of Documents to be Produced at the time of Interview for IBPS PO 2020
The following documents in original and self-attested photocopies in support of the candidate’s eligibility and identity are to be submitted at the time of interview without fail. Non submission of requisite documents by the candidate at the time of interview will result in debarring his candidature from further participation in the recruitment process.
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter.
- Printout of the online application form registered for CRP- PO/MT-IX.
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or Std. X certificate with DOB).
- Photo Identify Proof same as the one submitted in the application.
- Mark sheets or certificates for Graduation / equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 28.08.2019 has to be submitted.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category must produce relevant caste certificate.
- EWS category candidates must submit Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format.
- In the case of Persons with Benchmark Disability category Disability certificate in the prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board must be submitted.
- Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held at the time of interview.
- Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services, on or before 27.08.2020.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under prescribed categories must produce the necessary documents at the time of interview.
– In the case of candidates ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 must produce the domicile certificate at the time of interview.
– In the case of Persons affected by 1984 riots must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government.
- Certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. Of India for required candidates.
- If candidates have any working experience then produce experience certificates for the same.
Click here for IBPS PO official notification.
Click here for IBPS PO interview preparation tips.
How you can use Entri for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.