The third NCA notification for the post of Dental Hygienist was released by Kerala Public Service Commission. Qualified candidates belonging to the reservation group of the OBC community of Kerala State can apply. Eligible candidates should apply soon, as the last date for submitting online application is 18.12.2019, Wednesday up to 12.00 A.M. So, let us discuss the details of Kerala PSC Dental hygienist post. This third NCA notification is due to the non-availability of candidates for the post as per the First NCA notifications notified in Gazette dated 29.05.2009(Category No.196/09) and second NCA notification notified in Gazette dated 29.11.2017(Category No.509/17).
Kerala PSC Exam Calendar February 2020.
Kerala PSC Dental hygienist: Post Details
Name of Organization: Kerala Public Service Commission
Category Number: 238/2019
Department: Health Services
Name of Post: Dental Hygienist
Extra Ordinary Gazette Date: 15.11.2019
Last date for submission of application: 18.12.2019
Method of appointment: Direct Recruitment(Candidates belonging to OBC community only).
Download Entri to ace your PSC preparation.
18 – 39 years. Only candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post. Age relaxation is included in this.
Candidates should have a pass in SSLC or its equivalent. Also, they should pass in the Dental Hygienist course conducted in the Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram or its equivalent.
Those candidates claiming equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification. Then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned.
Vacancies: OBC – 1(One). This vacancy exists now. The Ranked list published as per this notification will be valid until the candidate is advised and appointed against the above vacancy earmarked for the above-mentioned community.
Scale of Pay: Rs. 22200-48000/-.
Download the current affairs PDF for the month of November.
- Interested candidates should register with “One Time Registration”.
- Candidates can log in with the Username and Password.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button against the respective post. If you know the category number can do the quick apply.
- The photograph should be taken after 31/12/2010.
- There is no application fee.
- Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile.
- Go through the details before submitting the application.
- The application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission.
- Candidates have to give confirmation within the stipulated time. Those who fail to give confirmation will be rejected.
- Admission tickets will be available to download 15 days before the exam date.
- Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
Get the latest exam updates from Kerala PSC through Entri.
Kerala PSC Dental hygienist: Syllabus
The candidates can expect questions from the topic according to the educational qualification asked. However, we can check the syllabus of Dental hygienists(2015). The revised syllabus is yet to be uploaded by the Commission.
Part I: Questions based on Dental Hygienist Course
- Oral Pathology
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Part II: General Knowledge, Current Affairs & Renaissance In Kerala
Salient Features of Indian Constitution
- Salient features of the Constitution. Preamble- its significance and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution.
- Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy. The relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles. Fundamental Duties.
- Executive, Legislature, Judiciary- Both at Union and State Level. Other Constitutional Authorities.
- Center-state Relations. Legislative – Administrative and Financial.
- Services under the Union and the States.
- Emergency Provisions.
- Amendment Provisions of the Constitution.
Join the LDC-Fireman classes from Entri Unlimited.
Social Welfare Legislations and Programmes
- Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act, Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children, Food Security Act, Environmental Acts, etc. Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme, Organ and Blood Donation, etc.
Renaissance in Kerala
Introduction to English education – various missionary organizations and their functioning-founding of educational institutions, factories, printing press, etc.
Socio-Religious Reform Movements
- SNDP Yogam
- Nair Service Society
- Yogakshema Sabha
- Sadhu Jana Paripalana Sangham
- Vaala Samudaya Parishkarani Sabha
- Samathwa Samajam
- Islam Dharma Paripalana Sangham
- Prathyaksha Raksha Daiva Sabha
- Sahodara Prasthanam
Practice the previous year question papers of Kerala PSC.
Struggles and Social Revolts
- Upper cloth revolts
- Channar agitation
- Vaikom Sathyagraha
- Guruvayoor Sathyagraha
- Paliyam Sathyagraha
- Kuttamkulam Sathyagraha
- Temple Entry Proclamation
- Temple Entry Act
- Malayalee Memorial
- Ezhava Memorial
- Malabar riots
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Abstention movement
Role of Press In Renaissance
Malayalee, Swadeshabhimani, Vivekodayam, Mithavadi, Swaraj, Malayala Manorama, Bhashaposhini, Mathrubhoomi, Kerala Kaumudi, Samadarsi, Kesari, Al-Ameen, Prabhatham, Yukthivadi, etc.
Awakening Through Literature
Novel, Drama, Poetry, Purogamana Sahithya Prasthanam, Nataka Prasthanam, Library movement, etc.
Women And Social Change
- Parvathi Nenmenimangalam
- Arya Pallam
- A V Kuttimalu Amma
- Lalitha Prabhu
- Akkamma Cheriyan
- Anna Chandi
- Lalithambika Antharjanam and others
Leaders Of Renaissance
- Thycaud Ayya Vaikundar
- Sree Narayana Guru
- Ayyan Kali
- Chattampi Swamikal
- Brahmananda Sivayogi
- Poikayil Yohannan(Kumara Guru)
- Dr Palpu
- Palakkunnath Abraham Malpan
- Mampuram Thangal
- Sahodaran Ayyappan
- Pandit K P Karuppan
- Pampadi John Joseph
- Mannathu Padmanabhan
- V T Bhattathirippad
- Vakkom Abdul Khadar Maulavi
- Makthi Thangal
- Blessed Elias Kuriakose Chaavra
- Barrister G P Pillai
- TK Madhavan
- Moorkoth Kumaran
- C. Krishnan
- K P Kesava Menon
- Dr.Ayyathan Gopalan
- C V Kunjuraman
- Kuroor Neelakantan Namboothiripad
- Velukkutty Arayan
- K P Vellon
- P K Chathan Master
- K Kelappan
- P. Krishna Pillai
- A K Gopalan
- T R Krishnaswami Iyer
- C Kesavan
- Swami Ananda Theerthan
- M C Joseph
- Kuttippuzha Krishnapillai and others
- Kodungallur Kunhikkuttan Thampuran
- Kerala Varma Valiyakoyi Thampuran
- Kandathil Varghese Mappila
- Kumaran Asan
- Vallathol Narayana Menon
- Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer
- G Sankara Kurup
- Changampuzha Krishna Pillai
- Chandu Menon
- Vaikom Muhammad Basheer
- Kesav Dev
- Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai
- Ponkunnam Varky
- S K Pottekkad and others
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Check the Official notification of the Dental Hygienist post.
Download Entri to practice mock tests to ace your rank in Kerala PSC exams.
Discussion about this post