Table of Contents
Kerala PSC has changed its exam pattern for the Tenth level and Degree based exams. In this article, we are discussing English Grammar topics and also the important and repeatedly asked question patterns. Usually, for the Tenth level based Kerala PSC examinations, 20 questions are asked equally from the Grammar and vocabulary part. And, for that of the Degree level examinations, 10 questions are expected to for English. The syllabus is more or less the same, but the level of questions will vary with the post and qualifications. Try out the Kerala PSC English Grammar questions and check answers.
Kerala PSC English Grammar- Syllabus
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences
- Different Parts of Speech
- Agreement of Verb and Subject
- Confusion of Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles
- Uses of Primary and Model Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Tenses
- Adverbs and Position of adverbs
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word Formation from other words and the use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
Kerala PSC English Grammar Questions
1. Nobody knows ___________ it really means.
2. Do you mind _____ a glass of water?
B) to give
3. We resumed the game _________ it stopped raining.
D) as soon as
4. He used to go there, ______ ?
A) isn’t he
B) didn’t he
C) did he
D) None of these
Check the Kerala PSC Questions free PDF for:
Select the one which expresses the same sentence in Passive or Active Voice from the alternatives given:
5. The students said,” What beautiful picture!”
A) The students exclaimed that it is a very beautiful picture.
B) The students exclaimed that it was a very beautiful picture.
C) The students exclaimed that it were a very beautiful picture.
D) The students exclaimed that picture is very beautiful.
6. We cooked the vegetables
A) The vegetables are cooked by us
B) The vegetables were cooked by we
C) The vegetables were cooked by us
D) The vegetables is cooked by us
7. Either Rahul or Riya _______ taken my book.
8. Those ___ refused to show proper ID aren’t allowed to the exam hall.
9. Colt is the younger one of
10. Phrasal verb with meaning “Demand”
A) Call at
B) Call up
C) Call by
D) Call for
11. The car in which the heroine was traveling _____ with an accident.
12. Convert the given sentence into Indirect speech. He said,” Be quiet and listen to my words”.
A) He urged them to be quiet and listen to his words.
B) He urged them and said to quiet and listen to his words.
C) He urged that they should be quiet and listen to his words.
D) He asked them to be quiet and listen to his words.
13. Meera listened, but she had no idea what Ravi was ___________ about.
14. Ronald hardly ever reads, _______?
A) does he
B) isn’t he
C) aren’t he
D) doesn’t he
Find the meaning of the idioms:
15. To beat black and blue
A) To punish severely
B) To make tall claims
C) To gossip about a person
D) None of the above
16. Pandora’s box
A) A gain
B) An unexpected event
C) To remain helpless
D) A collection of evils
Give the one word from the alternatives given for the definitions:
17. Speaking too much to oneself
18. Someone who believes that everything is predestined
Find the appropriate antonym for the word given
Choose a suitable synonym from the given options for the word given:
D) Both A and B
25. Find the correctly spelled word
Kerala PSC English Grammar: Answers
|1. B||6. C||11. C||16. D||21. B|
|2. A||7. C||12. A||17. B||22. C|
|3. D||8. A||13. B||18. C||23. D|
|4. B||9. B||14. A||19. D||24. A|
|5. B||10. D||15. A||20. A||25. C|
Practice the latest mock tests on current affairs, constitution, and Kerala Renaissance. Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. Candidates can refer the online tutorial videos for preparation thereby improve the speed and accuracy while solving the question paper. Download the Entri App for free and avail the contents like- Daily Current Affairs notes, subject-wise notes, online previous year question papers, and full-length tests of various examinations conducted by the Kerala PSC.