Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) invites the application for the position of Excise Inspector 2023. Candidates who submitted their application for the post through Kerala PSC website will call for the recruitment soon. The actual number of vacancies is not yet declared and the method of appointment is direct recruitment. Cut-off score needed for the post of excise inspector is 69.3.For more information checkout the official website Kerala PSC. However, before that each candidtaes should need an overview of Kerala PSC Excise Officer Job Profile 2023. Check out here to learn more about the roles and responsibilites of Kerala PSC Excise Officer Job Profile 2023.
Kerala PSC Excise Officer Job Profile 2023: Overview
The excise inspectors are the officers who deals with excise duty related affairs and works under central board of excise and customs. Central board of excise and customs is a part of the department of revenue under the ministry of Finance, Government of India. The post is recruited by Kerala Public Service Commission and the post location is Kerala. The field workers in the excise inspectors need to be Strong, Brave, Hardworking and tactical in order to handle the work pressure. The Excise Inspector need to be active and work to the core by the department through the excise and custom taxes
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Excise Department|
|Name of post||Excise Inspector|
|Number of vacancies||As per Notification|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment|
Kerala PSC Excise Inspector Post Description
Qualification for the post of excise inspector includes Academic qualification and Physical qualification.
Academic eligibility is holding any Graduation degree in any of the disciplines or candidate should possess B.A, B.Sc. or B.Com Degree from any recognized University or its equivalent.
In case of Ex-Servicemen the minimum qualification is SSLC.
The candidate has to be fit for outdoor activities and should possess the following minimum physical standard to be eligible to apply for the post of Excise inspector.
The minimum height required is: 165 cm
The minimum height for SC/ST candidates is: 160 cm
The minimum chest measurement is: 80 cm
Chest expansion: 5 cm
The minimum height required is: 152 cm
The minimum height for SC/ST candidates is: 150 cm
No chest measurement is required for female candidates
The candidates should be in an age range of 19 -31 in order to apply to the post of PSC LGS. The eligible candidates to apply to this post is candidates born between 2 January 1988 and 1 January 2000.
Age relaxation for LGS applicants are as follows.
- 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST
- 3 years of age relaxation for other backward classes
|Department||Name of Post||Salary|
|Excise||Excise Inspector||30700 – 65400/-|
Steps to apply for Kerala PSC Excise Inspector Recruitment 2023
- Candidates should register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION ‘ system on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in’ for applying for the post.
- Candidates who have registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User- ID and password.
- Candidates shall click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link for applying for a post.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card if required.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information. They must maintain the User- ID for further communication with the Commission.
- Applications once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of the notification will be summarily rejected.
- Documents to prove qualification, community, age, etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2023 Exam Pattern
The selection process of the Kerala PSC Excise Inspector includes three steps
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document verification
The detailed information of pattern of each stages are given below,
|Mode of the examination||Objective|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Total no of questions||100|
|Time Duration||75 minutes|
|Negative marks||⅓ rd of correct answer|
2. Physical Efficiency Test
Every candidate should go under the Physical Efficiency Test in order to be considered as qualified to the post of Excise Inspector.
|S .No.||Item||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 metre Run||14 seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cm(4’6’’)|
|3||Long jump||457.20 cm(15’)|
|4||Putting the Shot(7264 gms)||609.60 cm(20’)|
|5||Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cm(200’)|
|6||Rope Climbing(only with hands)||365.80 cm(12’)|
|7||Pull ups or chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 metres Run||5 minutes and 44 seconds|
Female Candidates should qualify any of the five events out of the following eight events given below.
|S. No.||Item||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 metre Run||17 seconds|
|2||High Jump||1.06 metres|
|3||Long jump||3.05 metres|
|4||Putting the Shot(4 kg)||4.88 metres|
|5||Throwing the throw ball||14 metres|
|6||200 metres Run||36 seconds|
|7||Shuttle Race (25×4 m)||26 seconds|
|8||Skipping(1 minute)||80 times|