The Kerala Administrative Services entrance examination open the doors to many respectable recruitment opportunities for the candidates who are interested in getting a government job and kick start their career in the Kerala state. The residents of Kerala state are provided with an opportunity to apply for this entrance examination and then after they pass the entrance examination a list of vacancies is provided to them from which they can select and apply for the job suitable for their career mindset. Given below we are sharing some of the most important specifications regarding the Kerala PSC KAS Syllabus And Exam Pattern 2021.
Kerala PSC KAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
If you have recently filled up the application form for the Kerala Administrative Service entrance examination then you must consider checking the details regarding the Kerala PSC KAS examination pattern and the Kerala PSC KAS syllabus PDF. The candidates must prepare for the entrance examination by taking into consideration the details regarding the entrance examination and the selection stages that are present in this prestigious recruitment. The question people will be curated by the experts of the industry keeping in mind the latest examination pattern and syllabus.
KAS Preliminary Exam
The candidates who will successfully apply for the Kerala Administrative services examination will first of all have to go through the preliminary examination. All of the candidates must take their time and understand the Kerala PSC KAS exam pattern so that they can understand the weightage of each and every paper included in this prestigious entrance examination. Given below is the table indicating the preliminary examination that the candidates must follow.
|I||General Studies||100||English||MCQ||90 minutes|
|II||General Studies||50||English||MCQ||90 minutes|
|Language Proficiency||30||Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada||MCQ|
KAS Main Examination And Interview
The candidates who will successfully pass the preliminary examination will be eligible to give the main examination that will be also followed by an interview round which will be conducted one on one by the concerned authorities of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Given below is the table indicating the main examination pattern and the examination pattern for the interview round which will be conducted by the authorities after the main examination.
|I||100||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||120 minutes|
|II||100||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||120 minutes|
|III||100||English/ Malayalam||Descriptive||120 minutes|
Kerala PSC KAS Syllabus 2021
If you want to prepare for the Kerala Public Service Commission Administrative services examination then you must keep in mind the detailed syllabus that is decided by the authorities to be followed while preparing for the question papers which will be given in this entrance examination. Given below is the list of important topics which will be included in the Kerala PSC KAS syllabus. You must prepare yourself for the entrance examination accordingly.
- Food Security
- Group Initiatives
- Role of Co-operatives
- Role of Non-Resident Indians
- Development and Environmental Issues
- Women Empowerment
- A General Overview of the Indian Constitution
- Post-Independent Indian Polity
- Cultural Heritage of India with emphasis on 20th century
- Social and Cultural Movements in Kerala
- Kerala Economy
- Kerala Model Development
- Present Indian economy in the Global Environment
- Kerala Conservation of Paddy Land and Wet Land Act, 20
- Kerala Protection of Riverbank and Regulation of removal of sand Act, 2001
- Role of District Collectors in Administration – Situation Analysis
- 86th Amendment to the Constitution and Consequential Enactments
- Recent Land Laws enacted in Kerala
- Ecological Fragile Land Act, 2005
- Decentralization administration – Local Self-Government
- General Awareness of the modern trends in life sciences
- Science and Technology – Information Communication Technology, Space Technology, etc
Kerala PSC KAS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian resident.
- The age limit for the candidates should be between 21 years and 28 years.
- Here’s the age relaxation that the candidates of the reserved category get.
|Differently abled candidates||15 years|
|Orthopaedically differently-abled candidates||10 years|
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college and a professional course certification in any subject.
- Candidates with equal qualifications should have proof to back up their claims.
- Candidates for various streams must have additional qualifications such as:
- Stream 1 – Same qualifications as above.
- Stream 2 –
- Candidates must be approved probationers or full members of any government department, and they must not be members of the 1st gazetted officer.
- Should have regularised in any of the Kerala State & Subordinate Service Rules 1958 cadres or worked for at least 2 years in a supernumerary post in the government.
- A candidate should not have been fined or levied any punishment during their service term, and no criminal proceedings should be pending.
- Stream 3 –
- Successfully served the probation period in the government cadre.
- There should be no penalties or criminal charges filed against the candidate.
Kerala PSC KAS 2021 Selection Process
- The applicants will be selected based on their results in all the 3 examinations.
- The pre-exam will be the first stage of the exam which will be of qualifying nature.
- After the prelims, candidates should appear for the main examination.
- The main exam would be either written or of descriptive nature.
Kerala Public Service Commission is a very prestigious organisation that is responsible for creating an abundance of recruitment opportunities for the people who want to serve the State Government of Kerala. If you want to be a part of the Kerala Public Service Commission then you will have to first pass the entrance examination of Kerala Administrative Services that is created by the organisation of Kerala PSC. You must start preparing for the KAS examination by taking into consideration the examination pattern and the examination syllabus. Entri is a learning platform that helps people to successfully crack various types of entrance examinations through video lessons created by well-known experts in the industry. Enrol now!