To ace any Kerala PSC exam, the most important and obvious thing is to know about Kerala. Here are some of the basic facts and PSC questions on facts about Kerala.
Formed on – 1 November 1956
Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
Official language – Malayalam
State animal – Indian elephant
Bird – Great Hornbill
Fish – Green Chromide
Butterfly – Papilio buddha
Fruit – Jackfruit
State tree – Coconut tree
Districts – 14
Literacy rate – 94%
Sex ratio – 1084/1000
Area – 38,863 sq.km, making it the 21st largest Indian State by area
Bordered by – Karnataka (north, north east), Tamil Nadu (east,south), Lakshadweep sea (West)
Population – 33,387,677, making it 13th largest Indian State by population.
Current CM – Pinarayi Vijayan
Current Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Some Basic Facts about Kerala:
- First fully literate state in India
- Has lowest birth rate in India
- First state to implement Land and Education reform bills.
- State with maximum life expectancy
- Has least infant mortality rate.
- Only state with hospital facilities in every village.
PSC Questions based on Kerala Facts
1. In which year was KSRTC started?
2. Name the smallest Grama Panchayat in Kerala.
3. Name the ship in which Vasco de Gama came to Kappad.
Ans. San Gabriel.
4. Name the only man-made island in Kerala.
Ans. Wellington Island
5. The only Malayali diplomat who got portrayed twice in the postal stamp is
Ans. V.K Krishna Menon
6. Name the official flower of Kerala.
7. Where is Kerala’s first women Police station located?
8. Name the first woman athlete to win Arjuna Award.
Ans. K.C Alemma
9. Where was the first library opened?
10. Name the first literature magazine of Kerala.
Ans. Vidya Vilasini
11. Which district has the most number of Post Offices?
12. Name the hottest place in Kerala.
13. The headquarters of Indian Telephone Industries is located at?
14. Who is India’s first woman magistrate?
Ans. Mrs. Omanakunjamma
15.Which place is known as the Holland of Kerala?
16. Where is Kerala’s first jail situated?
17. Name the first government hospital of Kerala.
Ans. Thiruvananthapuram Civil Hospital
18. Which was Kerala’s first film studio?
Ans. Navodaya studio
19. Name the first Malayalam drama.
Ans. Kalyani Nadakam
20. Which was the first complete computer literate Grama Panchayat?
21. Which is the Kerala’s first bird sanctuary?
22. Who is known as the Father of Malayalam Film Industry?
Ans. J.C Daniel
23. Which district has the most number of rivers?
24. Name the district with the lowest literacy rate.
25. Which district has the least density?
26. Name the district which gets the least rainfall.
27. The city which has the largest population is.
28. Which place is known as ‘Rice Bowl’ of Kerala?
29. In which town of Kerala was the public transport system first introduced?
30. The first town to get electricity is
31. The length of the sea coast of Kerala is
Ans. 590 km
32. The least populated Grama Panchayar is
33. Who is the founder of Kathakali?
Ans. Kottarakara Thampuran
34. Who was the first Keralite to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha?
Ans. Sardar K.M Panickar
35. Name the first Keralite to be portrayed in a coin.
Ans. Sree Narayana Guru
36. The first Keralite diplomat who got portrayed in the postal stamp is
Ans. V.K Krishna Menon
37. Name the first Malayalam film to get National Award.
38. The first Indian women to entered the finale of an Olympic event.
Ans. P.T Usha
39. Name the first English school of Kerala is situated in.
40. The first chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
Ans. K.T Koshy
41. Name the first woman Governor of Kerala.
Ans. Jyothi Venkatachalam
42. Who was the first Keralite to win the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Ans. K.M Beenamol
43. Name the Chief Minister who ruled the state for the longest duration.
Ans. E. K Nayanar
44. The Keralite scientist who is known as the Father of Indian Green Revolution is
Ans. M.S Swaminathan
45. Where is the first rubber park of India is located?
46. The first biological park of India was set up at
47. Which city is known as the ‘Venice of the East’?
48. The first 3D film of India is
Ans. My dear kuttichathan
49. Where is the oldest synagogue of India located?
50. Name the first newspaper of Kerala.
Ans. Rajya Samajaram.
Prepare for all Kerala PSC exams with Team Entri and see yourself scoring well. Come, join us.