Table of Contents
SBI or State Bank of India conducts different exams, namely, Probationary Officer, Specialist Officer and clerk. Well its always good to know the syllabus and exam pattern so here we have it, along with some general information and trivia.
What is the SBI SO (Specialist Officer) Exam?
State Bank of India conducts the exam of the SBI SO (Specialist Officer) to fill up the technical posts in SBI. It is one of the most awaited exam for the candidates of a technical background who want to make a career in the government sector.
SBI conducts the exam of SBI SO for the following posts in this recruitment:
- Analytics Translators
- Sector Credit Specialists
- Portfolio Management Specialists
- Sector Risk Specialists
Basic Job Profile of an SBI Specialist Officer
- The selected candidates need to undergo training.
- After the successful completion of the training, the candidates will be posted to different allotted bank branches.
- The job profile of SBI SO varies depending upon the type of posts.
- The basic work profile of a specialist officer are as follows:
- Maintaining IT infrastructure of the bank, coordinating with vendors for the development, maintenance, procurement of software, hardware, and other services, monitoring of technical infrastructure and its maintenance like database, security etc.
Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SBI SO is an online objective test consisting of 220 marks for a time duration of 135 minutes.
|No. of Questions
|Test Of Reasoning
Professional Knowledge (PK)
|General IT Knowledge
Result and Merit List
- The result of SBI SO is declared after 20-30 days of the conduction of the exam.
- After the result of the online exam, the dates of the Interview round are announced.
- Candidates not only have to crack the test but also have to score good marks to make it to the merit list.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on the parameters decided by the bank and thereafter, an adequate number of candidates, as decided by the Bank will be shortlisted and called for interview.
- The merit list for selection will be prepared in descending order on the basis of scores obtained in the interview only.
- In case more than one candidate scores the cut-off marks (common marks at the cut-off point), such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order, in the merit list.
SBI SO Syllabus
Given below is the detailed syllabus for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of the SBI SO exam:
|Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
|Decimal & Fractions
|HCF & LCM
|Heights & Distances Partnership
|Clocks & Calendars
|Fill in the Blanks
|Deriving Conclusions from Passages
|Mixtures & Allegations
|Idioms & Phrases
|Direction Sense Test
|Parts of Speech
|Inserting The Missing Character
|Permutation & Combination
|Logical Sequence of Words
|Logical Venn Diagrams
|Problems on Ages
|Problems on Trains
|Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
|Profit and Loss
|Ratio and Proportions
|Situation Reaction Test
|Simple & Compound Interest
|Statement – Arguments
|Statement – Conclusions
|Time and Distance & Work
|Volume & Surface Area
The syllabus is nothing special from the other bank exam syllabi if you ask us. You just need the Entri app to ace this easily. Like a cheat sheet in a difficult game. Keep learning and have a nice day!