SEBI or Securities and Exchange Board of India has discharged the notification for Grade A Officer 2022. Those aspirants who are interested in being a part of this prestigious organisation are advised to kick start their preparation as soon as possible. Team Entri provides you with a complete preparation package for the preparation of this premier examination. In this article, we are discussing the detailed SEBI Grade A 2022 Preparation Strategy.
After applying comes the part where you determine to take up the exam and start with your preparation. Firstly let’s get to know the complete syllabus for SEBI Grade A 2022 Exam. The paper pattern of SEBI is unique from other exams. Hence, it is important to understand it first. Let’s have look at different phases of selection and what topics each paper cover.
SEBI Grade A 2022 Exam Pattern
Let’s have a glance into the exam pattern and selection stages before getting into the preparation strategy of the exam.
Mode of selection consists of 3 phases
Phase 1: Exam Pattern (Prelims)
(online preliminary exam consists of two papers, both of 100 marks each)
Paper 1 of 100 (Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs on Quantitative Reasoning, GK, English, with some questions on the financial sector) (Duration – 1 hour)
Paper 2 of 100 (Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs on Companies Act, Commerce & Accounting, Finance & Management & Economics) (Duration – 40 minutes)
Phase 2: Exam Pattern (Mains)
(online mains exam consisting of two papers of 100 marks each)
Paper 1 of 100 (English Descriptive on topics like Essay Writing, Reading Comprehension, Precis writing, etc) (Duration – 60 Minutes)
Paper 2 of 100 (Multiple-choice questions or MCQ on subjects Economics, Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Costing, Companies Act) (Duration – 40 minutes)
Phase 3: Interview
The initial Phase is qualifying in nature hence its scores won’t be considered for final calculation, while the aggregate of marks obtained in Phase 2 along with the Interview will be considered to prepare the merit list.
The weightage of marks obtained in the second and Interview will be 85% and 15% respectively.
SEBI Grade A Preparation Strategy 2022
- There is a paper wise cut-off. So, concentrate on both Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- At the same time, there is no mention of the sectional cut-off in either of the two papers. Hence, make it work to your advantage by scoring very high in any or all of the sections that you are most comfortable with and thus increase your overall performance.
- Some of the subjects are common for both the Papers, so prepare them thoroughly to score high marks.
- In Paper 2, there are many subjects like Economics, Accounting, Costing, Commerce, Companies Act, Finance, etc) with a total of 100 marks and a duration of 40 minutes. So, we could assume that the questions would be of easy to moderate level testing your basic concepts and understanding of the subjects.
Preparation Strategy for Paper 1
There are four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- General Awareness (includes few questions related to the financial sector)
Marks distribution among the sections has not been released yet which is expected to be out in the information handout which would be released probably a week before the exam. For the present, let us assume that four sections of paper 1 in the first phase will each carry 25 marks. The best way now to prepare for any exam would be through the Mock Tests. Hence attempt as many mock tests as possible. Understand and analyze your strengths and weaknesses through these tests and work on them.
Given below are the syllabus that you need to cover for each of the four sections:
Below are the topics which need to be covered for this topic:
- Average, Mixture & Alligations
- Compound/Simple Interest
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio Proportion
- Stocks and Shares
- Time and Work
- Time, Distance and Speed
Be thorough with all the concepts and practice a lot of questions and learn how and where to use shortcuts. Once you learn all the concepts, solve a lot of mock tests to become an expert in these topics.
The topics with which you should be ready with are given below:
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction Test
- Series Completion/Missing Series
- Statement, Inference & Assumption
Go through each and every topic and try to understand the concepts behind it. Practice a number of questions on each topic and check out for new shortcuts.
- Read the Editorial section of the English newspaper.
- While reading an article, understand the content and proceed.
- Make note of new words and their usage.
- Try and solve many mock tests, previous papers, sample papers, etc.
- Keep yourself updated with the News Related to the Financial Sector for the last 6 to 8 months.
- Go through the news for the last 4 months before going to the exam.
- Read the current affairs for the latest month because as per the trend most of the questions would come from the month closest to exam month.
- Read the highlights of the Union Budget & Economic Survey. You could expect quite a number of questions from these.
- Look for everything about SEBI in News.
Preparation strategy for Paper 2
- Just try to have a basic understanding of all the topics mentioned in the syllabus. Don’t try to master all the subjects.
- As time is short, don’t waste time by going through voluminous books.
- The key to preparing well here is through Concept Clarity and Stick to the Basics.
- We can expect very few numerical, most of which will be easy and doable.
- Keeping all the subjects in mind, there will be very few current affair related questions in Paper 2. But you can anticipate questions on Union Budget & Economic Survey and other important financial news.
Preparation Strategy for Finance
The finance syllabus for SEBI Grade A is similar to that of RBI Grade A.
Here we will discuss in detail what all you need topics to be covered in Finance SEBI Grade A Exam. Important Topics to be covered in Finance :
- Alternate sources of Finance
- Time Value of Money
- Derivatives (Futures, Forwards, Swaps & Options)
- Primary & Secondary Markets (Equity Markets & Debt Markets)
- Financial Inclusion using Technology
- Income Statement & Balance Sheet
- Public-Private Partnership
- Forex Markets
- Risk Management
- Finance Commission
- Union Budget
- Fiscal Policy
- Read about RBI & SEBI
- Preparation Strategy for Finance
We have highlighted some of the SEBI Grade A Preparation Strategy 2022 for the benefit of the aspirants in this article. Keep visiting us for current updates on this topic.
|SEBI Grade A Informations|
|SEBI Grade A Notification||SEBI Grade A Selection Process|
|SEBI Grade A Syllabus||SEBI Grade A Mock Test|
|SEBI Grade-A Exam date||SEBI Grade A Video Course|
|SEBI Grade A Application Form||SEBI Grade A Study Materials|
|SEBI Grade A Vacancy||SEBI Grade A Interview Questions|
|SEBI Grade A Admit Card||SEBI Grade A Job Profile|
|SEBI Grade A Study Plan||SEBI Grade A Salary|
|SEBI Grade A Previous Question papers||SEBI Grade A Result|
|SEBI Grade A Best books||SEBI Grade A Cutoff|
|SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria||SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis|
|SEBI Grade A Answer key|