If you can flex to customer and business needs, with effective problem-solving methods, and basic desktop skills then the clerical job in any bank will suit you. With nearly 924 branches across India, the probationary clerk position in South Indian Bank is one of the best ways for the graduate to debut in the Indian banking sector. With salaries, and allowances on par with its nationalised counterparts South Indian bank clerk career will provide lots of promotion opportunities. With a single-stage computer-based objective test followed by a personal interview, fresh graduates can easily join the South Indian Bank on the Probationary Clerks positions. Compared to the officer’s positions the clerk’s in South Indian Bank have a busy yet less pressure job since they are dealing with clerical works as a Single Window Operator(SWO). The South Indian Bank’s Probationary Clerk’s responsibilities include cash counter handling, account opening, issuing new ATM cards, credit cards, debit cards, Cheque books or posting NEFT/ RTGS Vouchers, etc.
South India Bank Clerk Job Profile 2021
On joining a newly joined probationary clerk should be on probation for 6 months. Based on the Probationary Clerk’s performance during the period of probation period, they will receive the confirmation. On joining the clerks will be on the pay scale of Rs. 11765 – 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 – 31540. Apart from this basic pay, clerk’s will be paid Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and other allowances as per the rules of the South Indan Bank in force from time to time depending upon the posting location. On every 03 years of service completion, there will be a rise in the salary.
Some of the jobs and responsibilities entitled to the Probationary Clerks in various South Indian Bank offices are:
- Cash handling tasks such as deposits and withdrawal’s are the primary work of the clerks in any bank
- Clerks are expected to handle various receipts such as cheques, demand drafts, dividend warrants, pay orders, etc
- Clerks are the first point of contact in any branch and should address the customer’s enquiry with relevant information
- They are entitled to various activities such as Cheque Verification, Demand draft issue, Account Opening, gold loan processing, loan closing, introducing various loan products and Account Closing related matters
- Issuing ATM cards, Debit and Credit Cards, gold loans, loyalty cards, the introduction of wealth plans etc.
- They are expected to maintain a daily record of balance, attending to Government Treasury-related matters
- They should do other back-office responsibilities like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, tally balance, data entry, issue ESI stamps, etc
- The probationary clerk’s along with the officers are expected to perform some marketing activities by introducing SIB’s financial products such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc to the potential customers
- Clerks often serve as customer service agents or the customer’s first personal contact should extend their help in filling up various forms, and to assist them in familiarizing the ATM machines, etc
- Clerks should assist the customers to make them familiarize themselves with various bank products and how it works, and if required should make suggestions that may suit them
On satisfactory completion of services, the probationary clerks can appear for the promotion tests, and can further advance to the officer’s scale. After 03 to 05 years of service, clerks can appear for the IBPS test and can join the probationary officer’s position. From there on periodic intervals, there will be internal promotion tests that can further help in South Indian bank clerk career growth, and one can easily reach the positions of General managers by the time of retirement. Other than this with gaining experiences from these clerical positions, one can easily appear for other banks including Reserve Bank’s positions for the experienced professionals.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2021 recruitment. Start your IBPS, SBI, South Indian Bank, and other banking as well as the insurance tests preparation today with Entri. Our leading tutors will help you with thousands of mock exams, practise questions, video classes, free study materials, and personal mentorship to succeed in the South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk exam. Download Entri, and start attempting our free South Indian Bank Clerk mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate in the next South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2021 tests.