The bank of Maharashtra has of late released an official recruitment notification on its official website. This notification is for hiring candidates for the post of specialist officers scale I and scale II. The Agriculture Field Officer is the post that comes under specialist officer scale I. All the candidates desiring to apply for the post of agriculture field officer will have to go through a two-step selection process. Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 selection procedure involves an online test and the interview stage. The officials will, however, conduct the interview for only those applicants who successfully complete the online test. This article on the Bank of Maharashtra AFO Job Profile 2021 is in order to help you clear your doubts regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Agriculture Field Officer for the bank of Maharashtra.
Read this article till the end for details like Bank of Maharashtra AFO Career, Salary scale and much more.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO Job Profile
A candidate who is selected as a Scale I, Agriculture Field Officer (AFO) in the Bank of Maharashtra will have to undergo a probation period of 2 years. They must also serve a minimum bond period which shall be 3 years from the joining date. As an AFO in Scale 1, you will be called to manage field operations and visit various locations. Some of the responsibilities and duties of a Bank of Maharashtra AFO are as follows:
- Taking up surveying of villages in the bank branches’ command area.
- Setting up credit camps in the villages & explaining various schemes launched by the bank.
- Arranging camps for recovery & carrying out Non Performing Asset (NPA) accounts recovery.
- Educating the farmers while making them aware of all the latest additions or innovations in the agriculture field. Also guiding the farmers in a way that they can maximise their income by adopting different practices.
- Helping with information of farmers clubs.
Apart from these roles, the Agriculture Field Officer has various other tasks like those mentioned below.
- To undertake a survey of those villages in the command area of the branches allotted and identify the possibility available for lending to Agriculture and allied activity sectors. To search Agriculture proposals from the command zone villages, identify the needy farmers, explain banks’ different credit products and acquire the loan application forms.
- To arrange pre-sanction visit report, assess the technical feasibility and economic viability of the proposal and present the same to the Branch Manager along with specific recommendations. Assist the branch in the execution of documents and disbursement of Agriculture loans. To carry out post-sanction visit for confirmation of end-use of the funds disbursed.
- To organise credit camps in the villages from the command zone of the bank branch, explain banks’ different schemes of Agricultural lending, examine carefully the required papers/documents such as 8A, 7/12 extracts, mutation certificates etc. required for financing and aid the farmers in filling up our Loan application forms. Carry out pre-sanction field visits to the field & confirm the details given in the application form.
- To direct the farmers on improved cultivation practices, new high yielding crop types, plant protection measures, land development, effective use of scarce water resources by implementing appropriate crops and irrigation methods, rainwater harvesting etc. Educate/guide farmers on adopting additional activities to maximize income like Poultry, Piggery, Dairy, Apiculture (Beekeeping) etc.
- Maintain connection with the state Government officials particularly with Agriculture / / Fishery / Horticulture / Animal Husbandry and others related to Agriculture and allied activities to know the latest activities coming up in the area, and propagate them in the villages. Further to maintain a connection with the Block and District authorities of different Government sponsored schemes for effective implementation.
- Explore practicality for horticulture, floriculture, food processing activities and arrange training for setting up such activities on a viable basis via bank finance. Recognise the additional credit requirements of the farmer and guide them suitably.
- Maintain contact with Processing industries in the zone and follow up for recovery from the sale proceeds like those of Sugarcane, Cotton, milk and milk products etc. To collect market info of Agriculture products and divide the same with the farming community. To set up recovery camps in the command zones for recovery of dues.
- To aid the branch in developing and credit linkage of Self Help Groups as well as the formation of Farmers’ Clubs. Any other work-related, for the development of Agriculture, Agriculture lending and recovery, devising of agriculture credit plans for the assigned branches. Recovery in NPA accounts, organising of recovery camps etc. Submission of eligible crop insurance claims and Coordination with Lead District Manager in respect of the implementation of SLBC guidelines.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO Career Growth
When selected as a Bank of Maharashtra AFO, you are likely to be exposed to basic banking knowledge. You will be designated as “Specialist Officers” , on joining and will be on probation for 1 year. You will, however, be subjected to continuous assessment during this probation period. If you qualify the assessment as enlisted by the Bank from time to time, your post will be confirmed in the service of the Bank. If you, in case, fail to achieve the minimum standard your services are likely to be terminated. As a Bank of Maharashtra Agriculture Field Officer, you will have massive opportunities for growth in your career. The attractive and handsome promotion policy of the Bank of Maharashtra contributes an opportunity to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Crack your government exams like a breeze with the help of Entri. Entri is one of the leading online learning platform that provides top notch video classes, excellent study materials and mock tests along with various informative and interesting General Knowledge articles. Subscribe and be a part of our family and land your dream job.
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Exam Information Links
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Notification
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Mock Test
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Syllabus
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Video Course
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Exam date
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Study Materials
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Application Form
Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Interview Questions
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Vacancy
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Answer key
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Admit Card
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Salary
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Study Plan
Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Preparation Tips and Tricks
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Previous Question Papers
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Result
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Best Books
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Cutoff
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Eligibility Criteria
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Exam Analysis
|Bank Of Maharashtra AFO Selection Process