Table of Contents
Familiarizing oneself with the ECGC PO selection procedure enables candidates to gain insight into the various phases encompassing the recruitment journey, including online examinations, interviews, and medical assessments. Such awareness can equip candidates to effectively prepare for each stage, thereby enhancing their prospects of securing the position. Aspirants gearing up for the ECGC PO examination should possess a comprehensive understanding of the ECGC PO Selection Process, which in turn allows them to strategize in alignment with the requisite stages.
ECGC PO Selection Process 2023: Overview
|ECGC PO Selection Process 2023: Overview|
|Organization||Export Credit Guarantee Corporation|
|Exam Name||ECGC Exam|
|Post Name||Probationary Officers|
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 consists of an objective exam with multiple-choice questions, a descriptive test and an interview along with document verification details are as given below.
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Objective Exam Selection Procedure
The ECGC PO exam pattern will be objective examination has multiple-choice questions. In the online Objective assessment, there will be a minus marks for incorrect responses. To arrive at the rectified score, one-fourth of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted as a penalty for each question for which the candidate provided an incorrect answer. There will be no minus marks if a question is left vacant, that is if the candidate does not mark a response.
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Objective Exam Pattern
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Objective Exam Pattern is shown in the table below.
|Subjects||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Timing|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Descriptive Exam Selection Procedure
A descriptive paper is a test of English language knowledge and skills.
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Descriptive Exam Pattern
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Descriptive Exam Pattern is as shown below.
|Topics||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Timing|
|Essay Writing||There are two questions, one of which must be answered.||20||40 minutes|
|Precise Writing||There are two questions, one of which must be answered.||20|
The Company maintains the right to modify the nature of the assessment, which it will announce on its website. Other full information about the test will be provided in an Information Handout, which applicants will be able to download together with their call letters from the Company’s website. The marks from the Descriptive Paper (English Language) will be used to determine merit. It will only be examined for applicants who pass the Objective (MCQs) examination and are ranked appropriately high in terms of overall marks. The ECGC will determine the various qualifying cut off marks in each area of the objective tests and the descriptive examination.
Please keep in mind that applicants will not be authorized to take the Online Examination unless they have the following documents:
- A valid call letter for the appropriate examination date and session
- a photo identification proof (as stated) in original bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter/application form. The call letter, along with a photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity (both should bear exactly the same names), such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Permanent Driving License/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer/ People’s Representative along with a photograph / Identity Card issued by a recognised college/ university/ Aadhar/ E-Aadhar, must be presented in the examination hall and The candidate’s identification will be verified using the information on the call letter, the Attendance List, and the essential documents. If the candidate’s identification is in doubt, he or she may be denied entry to the examination or interview. Ration cards and learner’s licences will not be regarded as acceptable forms of identification for this project. Candidates who have changed their names shall be permitted only if they present an original Gazette announcement, original marriage certificate, or original affidavit.
- a photocopy of the photo-identity proof (as described in (2) above).
Candidates who arrive late, that is, after the reporting time given on the call letter for examination, will not be allowed to sit the examination.
The reporting time specified on the call letter is before the test’s start time. Though the online test lasts 3 hours, applicants may be needed to stay at the location for 4 hours or more to complete different procedures such as verification and collecting of various essential papers, logging in, receiving instructions, and so on.
The equi-percentile approach will be used to standardise the revised scores acquired by each applicant in different sessions (if held). For the sake of calculations, scores of up to two decimal points will be used. The following technique is used to acquire the results of an online examination:
- After applying a penalty for incorrect responses, the Corrected Score is calculated using the number of questions answered properly by a candidate in each objective test.
- To arrive at the Equated Scores, the Corrected Scores so acquired by a candidate are made equal to account for any slight differences in difficulty level, if any, in each of the online objective tests taken in various sessions.
- Scores for each test, as well as cumulative scores, are provided with a decimal point up to two digits.
- Cut-offs are used in two stages: on individual section results and the total score.
- To be considered for an interview, each candidate must achieve a minimum score in each exam of the Online Examination, as well as a minimum overall score. Cut-offs will be set based on the number of openings available, and candidates will be shortlisted for interviews. Scores achieved in the Online Examination will not be shared with candidates are chosen for the interview until the interview process is completed.
- Shortlisting for interviews will be based on marks obtained in the online examination, and marks obtained in the online examination and interview together will be taken for the final merit list.
ECGC PO Recruitment 2023 Interview Selection
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Written Examination will be invited to an interview with the Company, which will be held in Mumbai and/or other locations. Shortlisted candidates will get a call letter with information on the interview centre, place, time, and date. Candidates must access the Company’s website, www.ecgc.in, to obtain their interview call letters. Please notice that any appeals for amending the interview date, place, or time will be rejected. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Company maintains the right to alter the date, venue, time, or location of the interview.
The total number of marks available for the interview is 60. The minimal qualifying score in the interview is 40% (35 per cent for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD applicants). The weighting/ ratio of the online test and the interview will be 80:20. Based on the applicants’ results in the Online Assessment and Interview, the applicants’ combined final score will be determined. The interview score of applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifying marks or who is otherwise disqualified from the interview or subsequent procedure will not be made public.
A candidate must pass both the Online Examination and the interview, as well as have a high enough merit score to be considered for the next round of selection, which will be announced later on the Establishment’s authorised website.
The article has discussed many important aspects of the ECGC PO recruitment 2023 like exam pattern, selection process and documents that are required to be submitted during the time of verification. Once the applicant has a clear idea about the selection procedure it is easier to start planning their study routine. Download the entri app to gain access to study materials for the ECGC PO objective and descriptive exam.