Table of Contents
The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) is the civil service of the state of Kerala in India, responsible for the effective functioning of the state administration. Established in 2019, it aims to select and groom talented individuals for key administrative roles in the state government. We are expecting KAS notification in the month of November. Hence, the aspirants are advised to start preparing for the same as soon as possible in order to get selected. In this article we will discuss History for Kerala PSC KAS – Syllabus, Books, Preparation Tips.
KAS officers play an important role in implementing government policies, managing public resources, and ensuring the smooth governance of various administrative departments. The selection process for KAS involves a rigorous examination that assesses aspirants’ knowledge, aptitude, and administrative capabilities. KAS officers are entrusted with the crucial task of upholding the principles of good governance, fostering socio-economic development, and serving the interests of the people of Kerala.
History Syllabus for Kerala PSC KAS
|Section A: Indian History (Till 750 AD)||Section B: Medieval India – India 750 AD to 1200 AD|
|Section A Modern India- From 1757 to 1947||Section B World History- From 1500 to Present|
Best Books for Kerala PSC KAS exam
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) conducts the Kerala Administrative Services (KAS) examination to select candidates for various administrative roles within the state government of Kerala, India. To prepare effectively for the KPSC KAS exam, candidates can refer to a range of well-recommended books that cover the diverse subjects included in the syllabus. Some of the best books for KPSC KAS exam preparation are:
- “KAS Prelims and Mains General Studies” by Chandresh Agrawal: This book provides comprehensive coverage of the general studies syllabus, serving as a valuable resource for both the preliminary and mains examinations.
- “Kerala PSC KAS Prelims Exam Study Material” by Talent Academy: Specifically tailored for the KPSC KAS preliminary examination, this book covers various subjects, including history, geography, economics, and current affairs relevant to the state.
- “General Knowledge 2023” by Manohar Pandey: This book is helpful for enhancing general knowledge and current affairs, which are crucial sections of the KAS examination.
- “Kerala PSC KAS Mains General Studies” by M. N. Karassery: This book provides an in-depth understanding of the general studies topics, aiding aspirants in building a strong foundation for the mains examination.
- “Indian Polity” by M. Laxmikanth: This book is beneficial for understanding the Indian political system, which is relevant to the Indian polity and governance section of the KAS exam.
- “Indian Economy” by Ramesh Singh: This book serves as a comprehensive guide to understanding the Indian economy, covering various aspects related to the economics section of the KAS exam.
- “Certificate Physical and Human Geography” by Goh Cheng Leong: This book provides a comprehensive understanding of both physical and human geography, aiding aspirants in the geography section of the KAS exam.
Aspirants should make sure to consult the latest editions of these books to remain updated with the latest syllabus or exam pattern. Additionally, practising previous years question papers and taking mock tests can help enhance the preparation for the Kerala PSC KAS examination.
A structured study plan, regular revisions, and solving previous years’ question papers are important to achieving success in the History section of the KPSC KAS exam. Online resources, including educational websites and digital platforms, can further aid in comprehensive preparation and the acquisition of in-depth historical knowledge. A balanced understanding of both national and state level historical events is vital for a well-rounded preparation strategy for the Kerala PSC KAS History section.
History for Kerala PSC KAS – Syllabus, Books, Preparation Tips: FAQs?
1. What are the key topics covered in the History syllabus for the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. The History syllabus for the KPSC KAS exam generally includes ancient, medieval, and modern Indian history, along with the history of Kerala. It may also encompass topics related to world history, cultural developments, and significant historical events.
2. Which are the recommended books for History preparation for the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. Some recommended books for History preparation include:
“A Brief History of Modern India” by Rajiv Ahir
“History of Modern India” by Bipin Chandra
“A Comprehensive History of India” by S. N. Sen
“Kerala History” by A. Sreedhara Menon
“India’s Ancient Past” by R. S. Sharma
3. How can I effectively prepare for the History section of the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. To prepare effectively for the History section, create a study plan that covers all the important topics in the syllabus. Focus on understanding key historical events, their causes, and their impact. Regularly revise important dates, personalities, and significant movements. Solving previous years’ question papers and taking mock tests can also enhance your preparation and improve your time management skills.
4. Is it necessary to focus on Kerala’s history specifically for the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. Yes, it is crucial to have a good understanding of Kerala’s history, as it often carries significant weightage in the KPSC KAS examination. Pay attention to Kerala’s cultural, social, and political history, along with prominent personalities, movements, and historical events specific to the region.
5. Are there any online resources available for History preparation for the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. Yes, various online resources such as educational websites, YouTube channels, and digital libraries provide valuable study materials, video lectures, and mock tests for History preparation. Websites like Kerala PSC, Unacademy, and BYJU’S offer comprehensive study materials and practice tests specifically tailored for the KPSC KAS exam.
6. How important is it to focus on both national and international history for the KPSC KAS exam?
Ans. While a significant portion of the History syllabus may be dedicated to Indian history, it is essential to have a basic understanding of world history as well. Global historical events and their impact on India and Kerala may be part of the exam syllabus, making it important to study both national and international history in depth.
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC KAS Notification||Kerala PSC KAS Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC KAS Syllabus||Kerala PSC KAS Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC KAS Exam Date||Kerala PSC KAS Video Course|
|Kerala PSC KAS Application Form||Kerala PSC KAS Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC KAS Vacancy||Kerala PSC KAS Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC KAS Admit Card||Kerala PSC KAS Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC KAS Study Plan||Kerala PSC KAS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC KAS Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC KAS Result|
|Kerala PSC KAS Best Books||Kerala PSC KAS Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC KAS Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC KAS Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC KAS Answer Key|