Throughout the year we have celebrations. Some of these days are religious while some others are for political festivals. Like many other months, June also has her share of celebrations. June is completely packed with the celebrations, some of them are to remind us while some others are to have fun. The important days in June 2022 included environment day, parents day, fathers day, oceans day, and many more. Here we are familiarizing you with some of the important days/ events in June and their themes for this year celebrations.
Important Days in June 2022
Let’s have a look at the important days in June 2022. Some of these events are only for India, while some others are observing globally.
Important Days in June 2022
- June 1: World Milk Day
World Milk Day’ is celebrating to acknowledge the contribution of milk and other dairy products in the economic growth and development of different nations.
- June 1: Global Parents Day
It is to honour the selfless attention, care, and love of the parents towards their children.
- June 02: International Sex Workers Day
International Whores’ Day or International Sex Workers Day is observed annually on June 2. Its is to draw attention towards their exploited working conditions and to honours sex workers. This day is celebrating to commemorates the protest of Église Saint-Nizier in Lyon by more than a hundred sex workers on June 2, 1975.
- June 02: Telangana Formation Day
The 29th state of India, Telangana was formed on June 29, 2014.
- June 3: World Bicycle Day
The United Nations General Assembly declared June 3 as International World Bicycle Day in 2018. UN is encouraging its member nations to spread the use of the bicycle as a mode of transportation since its environment friendly and healthy.
- June 04: World Environmental Day
To spread the awareness about the environment protection, the UN celebrates June 05 as the World Environmental Day across the globe. It has been celebrating annually since 1974.
- June 08: World Brain Tumour Day
Since 2004, June 08 is celebrating as the World Brain Tumor Day globally.
- June 8: World Oceans day
Based on the request of the International Centre for Ocean Development and the Ocean Institute of Canada at the Earth Summit – UN Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 08 is observed as World Oceans Day. The organization is requesting the world leaders to protect 30% of our blue planet by 2030.
- June 12: World Day Against Child Labor
The International Labour Organization started the World Day Against Child labour in 2002 to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour.
- June 14: World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day (WBDD) is celebrated to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.
- June 15: World Wind Day
World Wind Day on June 15 is organised by WindEurope and GWEC. It is a day when wind energy is celebrated, and the information is exchanged to find out about wind energy, its power and the possibilities to change the energy scenario in the future.
- June 18: Sustainable Gastronomy Day
Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed across the globe on 18 June. Gastronomy is the study of the relationship between food and culture. In December 2016, United Nations General Assembly proclaimed June 18, as World Sustainable Gastronomy Day.
- June 19: World Sickle Cell Disease
The World Sickle Cell Day is observed on 19 June, to raise public awareness about the sickle cell disease and its treatment methods. The sickle disease is an inherited genetic abnormality of haemoglobin due to which red blood cells (RBCs) causes stuck in small blood vessels and are unable to carry an adequate amount of oxygen throughout the body.
- June 20: World Refugee Day
According to UN: “A refugee is a person who fled his/ her home and country owing to a well-founded fear of persecution either because of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or due to political opinion.
- June 25: International Day for Seafarer
The International Day of the Seafarer is an annual international event which is celebrated across the globe on 25 June. It is coordinated by the International Maritime Organization.
- June 27: MSME Day (Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises Day)
United Nations General Assembly in 2017 declared 27 June as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day so as to recognizes the importance of MSME in achieving sustainable development goals (SDG’s).
- June 29: International Day for Tropics
International Day of Tropics is to celebrate the extraordinary diversity of tropics and to highlight the unique challenges and opportunities of Tropical nations. Tropics is the area between tropic of Cancer (23°27 N) and the tropic of Capricorn (23°27 S).
- June 29: National Statistics Day
National Statistics Day is observed annually on 29 June to popularize the use of Statistics in daily life and to sensitize public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies. The National Statistics Day is celebrating on the Birth Anniversary of India’s eminent statistician, Late Prof Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, in recognition of his invaluable contribution towards the Statics field.
- June 28: Tau Day
The Greek letter τ (tau) is the symbol for the circle constant representing the ratio between circumference and radius. The τ (tau) is equal to 2π (2 times pi), and approximately 6.28.
- June 30: World Asteroid Day
In the remembrance of the Siberian Tunguska asteroid, every year on June 30 World Asteroid day is observing.
Important Days in June 2022: Quiz
1) When Parents’ Day was first observed, who was the president of the USA?
Answer: Bill Clinton
2) What is the theme of International Se Workers Day 2022?
Answer: Every year, the theme of International Sex Workers’ Day is Access to Justice, according to the Global Network of Sex Work Projects (NSWP).
3) Who was the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh from the Telangana region?
Answer: PV Narasimha Rao
4) Where were bicycles first introduced?
Answer: Bicycles originated in Europe in the 19th century.
5) When is the ‘International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression observed?
Answer: June 4
6) World Environment Day was celebrated for the first time under which slogan?
Answer: Only one earth
7) What is the “danger zone” range of temperature in food handling?
Answer: 5 – 60°C
8) What was the theme of brain tumor day 2022?
Together We Are Stronger
9) What is the deepest known area found in our oceans?
The Mariana Trench
10) The national child labor project scheme launched on?
11) What is the minimum you should weigh to donate blood?
Answer: 50 kg
12) Which is the headquarters of Wind Europe?
13) Is abduction a form of elder abuse?
Answer: Yes. Abduction occurs when a senior is taken over state lines without their consent.
14) The __________ industry generates nearly one-fifth of the man-made greenhouse gas emissions worldwide.
15) What protein is affected by sickle cell disease?
16) How many Rohingya refugees fled to Bangladesh in 2017?
17) What type of yoga are most yoga disciplines based on?
18) The opening theme music of Doordarshan was composed by?
Answer: Pandit Ravi Shankar
19) Where was the first Olympic Village built?
Answer: Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles
20) What was the name of the second asteroid discovered?
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with free mock tests, previous year question papers, video classes, quizzes, current affairs updates, personal mentorship etc.