This article will be helpful to those aspirants who are keen to get a job as an Assistant Engineer through Kerala PSC examinations. Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer is relatively a simple examination if you have the strong basics of your engineering course. Along with that, you also need some good knowledge about the Kerala Renaissance, Indian Polity, Indian History, and General Awareness. Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer will be offered an attractive salary package according to the 7th pay commission. In this article, candidates check the important Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer books for reference.
Attempt a Free Mock Test for Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam.
Candidates can join Entri to ace their exam preparations for the AE Civil Exam 2022-. The course is available on our application. Download the app from the google store and subscribe to the Kerala PSC Course.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer – Exam Pattern
The AE Civil exam notification to various departments has been released in April and apply till June 2, 2021. Candidates have ample time to start their preparation. Check the exam pattern for the Assistant Engineer post:
- The examination will be of objective type (offline or online) with a time duration of 75 minutes.
- The question paper can be divided into 2 parts:
- 80 questions will be from the technical side
- And, 20 questions will be from general knowledge
- Offline exams will be OMR type.
- The online exam will be a computer-based test.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 Admit Card.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer – Syllabus
- Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering
- Surveying and Levelling, Quantity Surveying and Valuation
- Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Design of Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning
Kerala PSC AE Exam – Topics and weightage
- Technical Subject – 80%
- Kerala renaissance and associated topics – 10%
- Indian polity – 5%
- Social welfare schemes – 3%
- Current affairs – 2%
Check the Kerala Assistant Engineer Civil Previous Cut-off marks.
Kerala PSC AE Books for Reference
Given below are the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Books for Reference for the technical and the GK part of the Kerala PSC AE Exam:
Reference books for Technical Subject
|1||Estimation and costing||BN Dutta|
|2||Assistant Engineer – Kerala PSC (Combo Pack)||ICA Engineering Academy|
|3||Kerala PSC Overseer Grade III Assistant Engineers Civil Exam Book | PSC Previous Year Solved Question Paper & Study Material Book||V.V.K. Subburaj|
|4||Fluid Mechanics||Modi and Seti, KL Kumari, RK Bansal|
|5||Structural Analysis||RC Hibbeler, Ramamrutham|
|6||Fluid Mechanics in Water Resources Engineering||Wen-Hsiung Li|
|7||Irrigation Engineering||SK Garg|
|8||Building materials||SK Duggal|
|9||Structural Analysis||Ramamrutham, RC Hibbler|
|10||SOM||S Ramamrutham, RK Bansal|
|11||Concrete Technology||MS Shetty|
|12||Environmental Engineering||SK Garg|
|13||Environmental Engineering||NN Basak|
|14||Irrigation Engineering||SK Garg|
|15||RCC||Pillai and Menon, Krishna Raju|
|16.||DSS||IC Sayal, SK Duggal|
|17.||Surveying (Volume 1 and 2)||BC Purnima|
|18.||Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures||N. Subramanian|
|19.||Estimation and Costing||BN Dutta|
|20.||Quantity surveying and evaluation||SP Mahajan and Sanjay Mahajan|
|21.||Estimate costing and valuation||Rangwala|
|22.||Geotechnical Engineering||Braja M Das|
|23.||Soil Mechanics and Foundation||KR Arora/ Standard Publishers|
|24.||Highway||Khanna and Justo|
|25.||PSC Rank File Civil Engineering (B. Tech & Diploma Level Exams)||Team Ace|
Reference Books for General Knowledge
|1.||THE MEGA YEARBOOK – Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive||Disha Experts|
|2.||General Science Guide for Competitive Exams – CSAT/ NDA/ CDS/ Railways/ SSC||Disha Experts|
|3.||The Geography Compendium for IAS Prelims General Studies CSAT Paper 1||Disha Experts|
|4.||My First Book of Essays||Sura College of Competition|
|5.||Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|6.||THE MEGA YEARBOOK – Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive||Disha Experts|
|7.||Mega Objective General Knowledge||Sura College of Competition|
Kerala PSC June 2022 Exam Calendar.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Exam – Preparation Tips
- If you are an engineering graduate or pursuing graduation, the best time to start is today, as you complete your entire syllabus in 4 years, an early preparation before the examination is recommended.
- The time which Kerala PSC calls for a certain post will be so uncertain and you have to complete the entire syllabus in a fixed time.
- The best way to start is to download the syllabus for the AE Exam from the Kerala PSC website and start preparing each and every topic.
- The syllabus for all the approaching examinations will be available on Kerala PSC official website.
- While preparing for the technical subject make sure that you note down all conceptual points and important numerical data.
- Also, study the non-technical part (GK) along with technical subject preparation.
- Divide your study time in such a way that you are giving 3/4th of your time for technical subject preparation and 1/4th of the time for GK.
- Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Check more Study Material for AE Civil Exam 2022.
- Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil Previous Question Paper
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Books FAQs
Q. What are the minimum eligibility criteria for the Kerala PSC AE exam 2022?
A. Candidates must possess a degree in Civil Engineering or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto.
Q. How to prepare for the AE Civil General Awareness topics?
A. General Awareness topics can be prepared through daily newspaper updates, PSC bulletins, various yearbooks, and daily current affairs quizzes on the Entri app.
Q. Is the exam date announced for the AE Civil exam by Kerala PSC?
A. No, the exam date is not till announced for the AE Civil exam by Kerala PSC.
Q. Is online study materials available for the AE exam preparation?
A. Yes. Candidates can go through Entri’s page for the study materials.
Q. Is online coaching available for the Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam?
A. Yes. Download the Entri app and register for the Kerala PSC Course.
Q. Can we get mock tests and topic-wise notes for the AE Civil exam?
A. Candidates can access the mock tests and notes from the Entri App. Download the app and use it at your convenient time and prepare well for the exam.
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Notification||Kerala PSC AE Civil Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Syllabus||Kerala PSC AE Civil Video Course|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Date||Kerala PSC AE Civil Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Application Form||Kerala PSC AE Civil Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Vacancy||Kerala PSC AE Civil Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Admit Card||Kerala PSC AE Civil Salary|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Study Plan||Kerala PSC AE Civil Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC AE Civil Result|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC AE Civil Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Selection Process||Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Answer Key|
Discussion about this post