Kerala Public Service Commission recruits eligible candidates for various vacant positions in the government departments. Kerala PSC is expected to release recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Engineer (AE) Civil for the year 2020 – 21. Recruitment can be either direct recruitment or departmental recruitment. Assistant Engineer Civil last notification was released in 2019, for which the exam was conducted on February 2020. Having knowledge about the job profile will help you in choosing the job. In this article we will discuss about the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil Job Profile 2020.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil 2020 – Important Details
|Name of Post||Assistant Engineer Civil|
|Scale of Pay||₹39500 – 83000/-|
|Number of Vacancies||Anticipated|
|Notification Release date||Yet to be released|
|Application closing date||Yet to be released|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Date of Examination||Yet to announce|
|Method of appointment||· Direct Recruitment
· Departmental Quota
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil Job Profile 2020
Kerala PSC recruits Assistant Engineer Civil candidates to few departments in the government sector like PWD, Irrigation, Kerala Water Authority, KSEB, KSRTC, Local Self Government department etc. This is one of the most awaited exams among civil engineering graduates, who wish to work in Kerala government sector. This post is provided with attractive salary and other perks and allowances. Few roles & responsibilities of Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil is as given below-
- Responsible for proper execution of all the works in his/her section.
- Oversee the works and make sure all works are carried out according to approved plans.
- Inspecting Contractor bills and recording accounts of materials.
- In case of contract works he/she must ensure all conditions mentioned in the contract are followed. If found violated must take necessary actions.
- Survey, Investigation and collection of all necessary field data required for construction of new works.
- To prepare preliminary and detailed estimates & reports of new works as well as maintenance works. Also ensuring it’s proper execution and quality.
- Taking appropriate action in case of emergency to protect life and government property.
- Forward progress report in the prescribed form for all works.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil Selection Process 2020
Selection process for Assistant Engineer Civil 2020 includes –
- Written Examination
- Interview (document verification)
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
The Kerala PSC has set certain eligibility criteria’s for candidates aspiring to apply for the post of Assistant Engineer AE Civil in the concerned departments. Aspiring candidates must ensure that they satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria’s set by Kerala PSC before applying for the post.
- Only candidates within age limit of 18 – 36, born between 02/01/1983 and 01/01/2001 (both dates included) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying must possess a degree in Civil Engineering from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as it’s equivalent.
Check Other Important Links:
How you can use Entri app for your competitive exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.