Across various state departments, Kerala Public Service Commission recruits hundreds of engineering graduates to the state services. In 2022, till May 2021 06 departments have published the recruitment notification for more than 100 vacancies. The number of vacant posts may go up during the recruitment period. Let’s check the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil Vacancy across various departments.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil Vacancy 2022
If you have a technical degree or diploma every year PSC announces various job opportunities for you. The engineering graduates have plenty of opportunities in the state to kick start their career as Assistant Engineers in different departments. With a whooping starting salary on the pay scale of Rs.40975-81630 along with job security and other allowances, an Assistant Engineer position in any of the state department is an incredible place to start your engineering career. The Assistant Engineer AE Civil latest vacancies advertised so far in 2022 across various departments are:
- Kerala State Electricity Board, KSEB: 37
- Harbour Engineering Department: 01
- Kerala State Housing Board: Anticipated Vacancies
- Irrigation/ Public Works Department: Anticipated Vacancies
- Kerala Tourism Development Corporation Limited (KTDC): 02
- Kerala State Pollution Control Board: 83
- Local Self Government Department (LSGD): Anticipated Vacancies
Among them, LSGD, PWD/ Irrigation departments have more vacant positions compare to others. Usually, at least 100-150 candidates from the LSGD rank list get the advice memo while the numbers are less for departments like the pollution control board, tourism department, etc.
The required Assistant Engineer Civil Eligibility Criteria for applying in various departments are:
- Age Limit: Candidates age shall be between 19 year and 40 years. Only candidates born between 1981 January 02, and 2002 January 01 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. Usual age relaxation will be given to candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other backward Communities according to the government norms. The maximum age limit is relaxable up to 45 years for those who are working in the regular service of the Board.
- Education Qualification: Both direct candidates and departmental candidates, must possess any Degree in Civil Engineering from any UGC recognized university or any other qualification recognised as equivalent thereto. OR Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers, India in Civil Engineering.
Assistant Engineer Civil Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The exam pattern and syllabus for the post of Assistant Engineer in all state departments remain the same, and of graduation standard.
The Exam Pattern for the Assistant Engineer, AE Civil in Kerala PSC is:
- The medium of Question: English
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Exam Duration: 01 hours 15 minutes
The syllabus for the Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Kerala PSC is:
- Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering
- Surveying and Levelling, Quantity Surveying and Valuation
- Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management
- Construction Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Materials
- Environmental Engineering, Air pollution sources, effects on human, etc
- Major soil deposits of India, Classification and three-phase system of soil
- Traffic Control Theories, Planning, etc
- Design of Structures, Railways- geometric design of tracks, railway operation control, Maintenance, etc
- Airports: Characteristics, marking, lighting
- Geotechnical Engineering, and
- Transportation Engineering, Urbanisation, and Urban Planning
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer, AE Civil Engineering examinations. Start your technical examination’s preparation today itself with India’s leading platform. Entri will help you with mock tests, question banks, previous year question papers, short quizzes, current affairs updates, video classes, etc. You can now find free mock tests and previous year question papers to improve your Assistant Engineer Civil preparations in Entri.
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Notification||Kerala PSC AE Civil Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Syllabus||Kerala PSC AE Civil Video Course|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Date||Kerala PSC AE Civil Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Application Form||Kerala PSC AE Civil Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Admit Card||Kerala PSC AE Civil Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Study Plan||Kerala PSC AE Civil Salary|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC AE Civil Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Best Books||Kerala PSC AE Civil Result|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC AE Civil Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Selection Process||Kerala PSC AE Civil Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC AE Civil Answer Key|