Kerala Public Service Commission recruits eligible candidates for various vacant positions in the government departments. Kerala PSC is expected to release recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Engineer (AE) Civil for the year 2020 – 21. Recruitment can be either direct recruitment or departmental recruitment. Assistant Engineer Civil last notification was released in 2019, for which the exam was conducted on February 2020. In this article we will discuss about the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2020 Mock Test.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil 2020 – Important Details
|Name of Post||Assistant Engineer Civil|
|Scale of Pay||₹39500 – 83000/-|
|Number of Vacancies||Anticipated|
|Notification Release date||Yet to be released|
|Application closing date||Yet to be released|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Date of Examination||Yet to announce|
|Method of appointment||· Direct Recruitment
· Departmental Quota
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil Mock Test 2020
Why Mock Tests?
Mock tests are similar to real tests and it’s one of the best practicing tool before facing the real challenge. Taking mock tests can help you understand the type of questions asked for the exam. Also it will help you relieve stress and make it easier to attempt the real competitive exams. Mock test help us analyze our performance and we can find the weak areas and concentrate well on improving. You can take unlimited mock tests with the same pattern of your exam as well as access as many video classes, study notes from our user friendly app and website. Here at Entri you will have access to unlimited mock tests, video classes and study cards with a single subscription fee. You can also subscribe to Entri YouTube channel to get video classes.
Check the questions below for which the answers are provided below-
1. The two independent elastic constants for an isotropic material are :
(A) Young’s modulus and Poisson’s ratio
(B) Bulk modulus and Young’s modulus
(C) Shear modulus and Poisson’s ratio
(D) Bulk modulus and Poisson’s ratio
2. Salt present in brick earth may cause –
(D) None of the above
3. By which of the following tests, fitness of cement can be determined?
(A) Permeability test
(B) Soundness test
(C) Vicat apparatus test
(D) Compression test
4. In design practice of beams the span to overall depth ratio are generally taken in the range:
(A) 10 to 16
(B) 25 to 30
(C) 1 to 2
(D) 30 to 45
5. When a uniformly distributed load shorter than the span is traversing a simply supported beam. At any point in the beam, maximum value of bending moment will occur when the load is:
(A) Equally placed about the point
(B) When the point divides the load in the same ratio as it divides the span
(C) When the load is centrally placed
(D) When the tail end of the load is at the left end of the beam
6. IS Code 1200 (Methods of measurement of building and Civil engineering works) : Part I deals with-
(B) Concrete work
(C) Brick work
(D) Stone Masonry
7. What is the difference between two measured values of same quantity in surveying?
(C) Intentional error
(D) Balancing error
8. Among which of the following tests conducted for measurement of shear strength of soil, no excess pore pressure is set up at any stage of the test?
(A) Drained test
(B) Undrained test
(C) Consolidated Undrained Test
(D) Quick Test
9. The permissible concrete stress in direct tension of M20 in calculation relating to resistance to cracking as per IS 3370-1965 part II is:
(C) 14 kg/cm2
(D) 17 kg/cm2
10. PMGSY, a programme of the Government of India, that deals with:
(A) Urban Employment Generation
(B) Rural Road Development
C) Rural Employment Generation
(D) Rural Electrification
Check Other Important Links:
How you can use Entri app for your competitive exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.