Table of Contents
An aspiration to work with the police department in the state of Kerala has to be considered as a wisest choice one can make. The Kerala state police has provided tremendous opportunity to the young vibrant aspirants to join their force and work towards the statewide law enforcement. Their opportunities has a provided a wide range of sectors like sub- inspectors, Armed Police constables, women constables, Police drivers etc. The Kerala police has its headquarters in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala Public service commission takes the responsibility to hire eligible candidates to the police department of Kerala. KPSC has released its notification to the post of Police Constable in Armed Police Battalion. Interested and eligible candidates below the age of 26 years can apply to this post by February 5, 2020.The armed police Battalion Police constables or the Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer recruitment is a battalion wise recruitment process. In this article let us check for the Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer Eligibility Criteria
KPSC Civil Police Officer 2020- Important Dates and Details
|Name of the exam conducting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Police Constable(Armed Police Battalion)/Civil Police Officer|
|Pay structure||Rs. 22, 200-48, 000|
|Method of appointment||Direct recruitment(Battalion wise)|
|Number of vacancies||Battalionwise
Pathanamthitta (KAP III)
Idukki (KAP V)
Ernakulam (KAP I)
Thrissur (KAP II)
Kasaragod (KAP IV)
|Online application start date||December 31, 2019|
|Last date of application||February 05, 2020|
|Application mode||Online- One time registration|
|Tentative Written Examination date||June/July 2020|
|Tentative Physical test date||November/ December 2020|
Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before applying to the post of CPO we need to check if we are eligible to the post. Let us check in detail the following four areas that has to be satisfied before we consider eligible to the post
- Age Limit
- Physical Qualification
Note: Women candidates and differently abled candidates are not eligible to apply to this post.
Should be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit
The minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 26 years. Candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) only are eligible to apply for this post.
The maximum upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 29 years. SC/ST has an age relaxation up to 31 years and Ex- service men up to 40 years.
3. Educational Qualification
The candidates should pass in HSE (plus two) Examination or its equivalent to be considered eligible in education
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the claim at the time of One Time verification or as required by the commission
- If the community claim in the application differs from the community noted in the SSLC book, then such changes are to be published in the gazette on or before the date of verification of original documents and the same should be produced along with the Community Certificate/Non Creamy layer Certificate issued by the Revenue authorities at the time of One Time Verification or as and when required by the commission.
4. Physical Qualification
The physical standard requirements are as mentioned below:
- Height: a minimum of 168 cm
- Chest: a minimum of 81 cm and with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.
- Height -SC/ST: a minimum of 160 cm
- Chest-SC/ST: a minimum of 76 cm and with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.
For the CPO recruitment, prescribed vision is a vital requirement for candidates to get selected. candidates have to be certified to meet the requirements of prescribed visual standards without glasses. Below are the specified visual standards.
|SI. No||Vision||Left Eye||Right Eye|
|1||Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|2||Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
- It should be clearly noted that each eye must have the full field of vision. Color Blindness, Squint or any abnormal or diseased condition of the eye or the lids of either eye are considered as evident reasons to be disqualified.
- Candidates should be free from physical defects like knock- knee, flat foot, varicose vein, bow legs, deformed hands and legs, irregular or protruding tooth, defective speech and hearing.
- Candidates must qualify any of the five events out of the eight specified below in the Physical Efficiency Test, one star standard test
|Sl. No.||Item||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 Metres Run||14 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cm(4’6”)|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cm(15’)|
|4||Putting the Shot (7264 gms)||609.60 cm(20’)|
|5||Throwing the Cricket Ball||6096 cm(200’)|
|6||Rope Climbing(only with hands)||365.80 cm(12’)|
|7||Pull ups or chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 Metres Run||5 Minutes & 44 seconds|
- If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the Physical Efficiency Test, he/she will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
- The candidates should produce a Medical Certificate certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon/ Junior Consultant.
It is very important to keep yourself acquainted with the examination pattern. The Kerala PSC CPO exam details are given below.
- Mode of the exam: Objective type
- Total number of questions :100
- The maximum marks:100
- The maximum duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Each correct answer will be awarded one mark and for every wrong answer 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted
Subject pattern of the civil police officer examination
|SI. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|1||GK and General Science||60||60|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude & Mental Ability||20||20|
Syllabus of Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer 2020
Once you are thorough with the exam pattern you have to keep yourself updated with the syllabus of each topic include for the exam. Only then we can plan a study schedule based on the topics included in the exam.
The syllabus of the examination is mentioned below for reference
|General Knowledge||Communication · Mineral sources · Rivers and river projects · Sree Narayana Guru · Chattambiswamikal · Historical and Geographical importance · Economic and industrial achievements · Social · Basic facts about Kerala · Scientific Developments · Nonrenewable energy sources · Kerala renaissance and leaders like Ayyankali · Agriculture · Environment problems · Health · Scientific facts · Sports – current affairs related to Police fields · Geography of India · Transportation · Industries|
|Mental Ability||Time in a clock and its reflection · Numbers · Coding and decoding · Time and angles · Calendar and date · Clerical ability · Series · Problems of Mathematical signs · Family relations · Analogy – word, alphabet, number · The Odd man out · Direction|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Percentage · Ratio and proportion · Time and distance · Mensuration · Average · Laws of exponents · Progressions · Numbers and basic operations · Fraction and decimal numbers · Time and work · Profit and loss · Simple and compound interest|
|General English||Infinitive and genders · Uses of primary and model auxiliaries · Tenses · Tenses in conditional sentences · Active and passive voice · The use of correlatives · Direct and indirect speech · Correction of sentences · Adverbs and position of adverbs · Articles – definite and indefinite · Prepositions · Tag questions|
How Entri will help you with the study preparation for Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer Examination
Entri provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties from PSC Coaching field.
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Check here for other reference materials of Kerala PSC CPO examination by Entri.
Subscribe Entri to help you get along with the journey of preparation for the examination.
|Kerala PSC CPO Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC CPO Notification||Kerala PSC CPO Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC CPO Syllabus||Kerala PSC CPO Video Course|
|Kerala PSC CPO Exam Date||Kerala PSC CPO Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC CPO Application Form||Kerala PSC CPO Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC CPO Vacancy||Kerala PSC CPO Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC CPO Admit Card||Kerala PSC CPO Salary|
|Kerala PSC CPO Study Plan||Kerala PSC CPO Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC CPO Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC CPO Result|
|Kerala PSC CPO Best Books||Kerala PSC CPO Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC CPO Selection Process||Kerala PSC CPO Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC CPO Answer Key|