Table of Contents
Applications are invited online by Kerala PSC through(Extra Ordinary Gazette Date: 31.12.2019 Category No: 530/2019) from qualified candidates for the post of Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion). The Kerala police has its headquarters in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala Public service commission takes the responsibility to hire eligible candidates to the police department of Kerala. KPSC has released its notification to the post of Police Constable in Armed Police Battalion. Interested and eligible candidates below the age of 26 years can apply to this post . The armed police Battalion Police constables or the Kerala PSC Civil Police Officer recruitment is a battalion wise recruitment process. Interested candidates can apply through the online portal- Thulasi. The last date for submitting the notification is on 05.02.2020. The `One Time Registration’ is mandatory for every candidate. In this blog we will discuss about Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure.
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||31/12/2019|
|Last Date for submission of application||05/02/2020|
|Date of OMR Examination||June-July 2020|
|Date of Physical Fitness Test||November-December 2020|
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must be 18-26 years.
- Only candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 are eligible to apply for this post
- Maximum age limit shall be relaxed upto 29 years for OBC candidates , 31 years for SC/ST candidates and 40 years for Ex-service men.
- The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Exam/Plus two or its equivalent.
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the validity at the time of verification.
- Physical Standard
- The candidate should be physically fit and posses minimum standard as given below.
- Candidate must possess height of 168 cm.
- Round the chest measurement should be 81cm on full expiration and must have an expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST candidates the height must be 160 cm and a chest measurement of 76cm with an expansion of 5cm.
- Visual Standard
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
- Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms)) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Selection Process
To get selected for Kerala Police Jobs, candidates have to undergo the following recruitment rounds like:
- Written Test
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Summary
|Name of Post||Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion)|
|Scale of Pay||22,200-48,000/-|
|Method of appointment||Direct Recruitment|
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Postwise Vacancies
Number of vacancies : Battalionwise
- Thiruvananthapuram (SAP)
- Pathanamthitta (KAP III)
- Idukki (KAP V)
- Ernakulam (KAP I)
- Thrissur (KAP II)
- Malappuram (MSP)
- Kasaragod (KAP IV
|Sl.No .||Name of Battalion||Name of District and Police District coming under the Battalion||PSC District office in charge of the selection|
|1.||SAP||Thiruvananthapuram Revenue District (Thiruvananthapuram City and Rural Police Districts)||Thiruvananthapuram|
|2||KAP III||Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta Pathanamthitta Revenue Districts (Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta Police Districts)||Pathanamthitta|
|3||KAP V||Kottayam and Idukki Revenue Districts (Kottayam and Idukki Police Districts)||Idukki|
|4.||KAP I||Ernakulam Revenue Districts. (Kochi City and Ernakulam Rural Police Districts)||Ernakulam|
|5||. KAP II||Thrissur and Palakkad Revenue Districts (Thrissur and Palakkad Police Districts)||Thrissur|
|6.||MSP||Malappuram , Kozhikode Revenue Districts (Malappuram Police District, Kozhikode City and Rural Police Districts||Malappuram|
|7. KAP IV||Kannur, Wayanad and Kasaragod Revenue Districts (||Kannur, Wayanad and Kasaragod Police Districts)||Kasaragod|
Kerala PSC CPO Application Procedure: Important Points to be noted
Candidates appointed to the various Battalions will be allowed transfer only to the District Armed Reserves concerned as shown against the Battalions noted above.
Note: (i) Candidates are prohibited from applying to more than one Battalion in response to this notification.
(ii) Separate ranked lists for each Battalion will be published. The Ranked list thus published shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalization of the ranked list. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies listed above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the ranked list.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the State PSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
|Kerala PSC CPO Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC CPO Notification||Kerala PSC CPO Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC CPO Syllabus||Kerala PSC CPO Video Course|
|Kerala PSC CPO Exam Date||Kerala PSC CPO Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC CPO Vacancy||Kerala PSC CPO Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC CPO Admit Card||Kerala PSC CPO Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC CPO Study Plan||Kerala PSC CPO Salary|
|Kerala PSC CPO Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC CPO Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC CPO Best Books||Kerala PSC CPO Result|
|Kerala PSC CPO Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC CPO Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC CPO Selection Process||Kerala PSC CPO Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC CPO Answer Key|