Table of Contents
Kerala Public service commission recruits applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Kerala according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. KPSC has released the official notification 2020 for the post of Divisional accounts manager under the department of Water Authority in Kerala. Interested candidates can check this article on Kerala PSC Divisional accounts officer notification 2019-20 and get the appropriate details before proceeding with the online application.
Kerala PSC Divisional Accounts Officer –Important details
|Name of the Organization||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Department||Kerala Water Authority|
|Name of the Post||Divisional Accounts Officer|
|Number of vacancies||6 (Ezhava-1, SC-2, Muslim-1 ,LC/AI-1 ,OBC-1)|
|Pay scale||Rs. 19440- Rs. 34430/-|
|Method of Appointment||Direct Recruitment|
|Notification release date||December 12, 2019|
|Last date to apply||January 15, 2020|
|Mode of application||online|
|Examination date||Will be updated when published|
Keep track of the dates and schedule preparation for the exam accordingly as preparation is the key to success. Now that we are aware of the important details let us look into the criteria that allows the candidate to be eligible to appear in the examination.
Eligibility Criteria-Divisional Accounts Officer 2019-20
- For candidates belonging to Ezhava, Muslim, LC/AI, OBC category the age limit is 18-39. That is the candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included)
- For Candidates belonging to Scheduled caste, the age limit is 18-41. That is the candidates born between 02.01.1978 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included).
2. Educational Qualification
Candidates should be a MCom Degree graduate from a recognized University or a pass in inter Examination of Charted Accountant /Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
For candidates belonging to SC/ST Communities, a Degree from a recognized University is sufficient.
- Candidates should produce the relevant government order to prove the equivalency if they hold an equivalent qualification other than the ones mentioned above.
- At the time of certificate verification, candidates should produce a Gazette Notification along with Non Creamy Layer /Community certificate if there is any difference in the original Caste/Community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC Book.
Exam Pattern -Divisional Accounts Officer 2019-20
Keeping yourself acquainted with the exam pattern is one of the prime factor in cracking any examination. The examination pattern is as follows.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Minimum marks required to pass|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge Precis and General English 1||150||60|
|Paper 2||Elementary Book Keeping||150||60|
|Paper 3||Arithmetic and mensuration (Elementary but practical)||200||100|
- The duration for each paper is 3 hours
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST a separate minimum of 30% for paper I and II and 35% for paper III is the qualifying percentage.
- For all other Candidates the pass percentage is 40% for paper 1 and 2 and 50% for paper 3
- Candidates are not allowed to appear in the examination more than three times. A declaration in this regard should be produced as and when called for by the commission.
The selection for divisional accounts officer is conducted by the Kerala PSC in three different stages
Phase 1: Written Examination
Phase 2: Personal Interview
Phase 3: Document Verification
Syllabus- Divisional Accounts Officer 2019-20
1. General Knowledge
- To test the ability of the candidates to write in clear and simple English
- Cover questions on general knowledge
- Precis of a given passage
- General English
2. Elementary Book Keeping
This paper is elementary in nature. The prescribed text books are “The Students Complete Commercial Book Keeping, Accounting and Banking” by Arthur Fieldhouse and “Advanced Accounts” by R.N. Carter.
The important topics are
- Book Keeping up to Trial Balance
- Trading and Profit and Loss – Accounts and Balance sheet
- Depreciation, Sinking Fund, Reserves, Reserve Funds, Secret Reserve
- Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Cheques
- Portion relating to Voyage Account.
- Self-Balancing Ledgers
- Capital and Revenue, Revenue Account, Receipts and Payments Accounts, Income and Expenditure Account.
- Manufacturing and Working Accounts and Cost Book Mining Company
- Cost Accounts.
- Double Account system
3. Arithmetic and Mensuration
The standard of this subject is the same as that prescribed for the Matriculation or the School Leaving Certificate Examination. The prescribed book is “Mensuration for Indian Schools and Colleges.” part I by Pierpoint
Kerala PSC Divisional Accounts officer Notification 2019-20- Apply Now
- Candidates must register themselves in the Kerala PSC “thulasi”, One Time Registration Portal
- After the one time registration is done , candidate can begin the application for the post of Divisional Accounts Officer
- Login to your account created using User Id and Password.
- Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post.
- The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates should take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile.
- Candidates should make sure to enter the appropriate personal information during the time of registration. Candidates are responsible to maintain the secrecy of the password.
- Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- Documents to prove qualification, age, community etc have to be produced as and when called you are asked for it. Hence keep the documents ready
- If Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile.
- The important dates regarding the submission of the confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
- Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
- Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Colour/black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light coloured or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Interested candidates please do not wait for last minute rush to submit the application. The last date for application is Wednesday, January 15 2020.
How Entri will help you with the preparation for the Kerala PSC Exams
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties from PSC Coaching field.
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
“Failing to prepare is preparing to fail” hence before its late begin your preparation for the exam
Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination