The Kerala Public Service Commission has issued a notification recently for the recruitment of the most eligible and interested candidates for the post of an electrician in the department of Kerala. The commission has invited online applications. Those aspirants who are interested in the post can submit their applications online on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The number of vacancies currently available is one. The competition is rated to be tight as the number of vacancies is lesser when compared to the candidates who wish to apply for the post. The last date of submitting the application is 27th July 2021. The interested aspirants can apply for this post at the earliest without further delay.
Kerala PSC Electrician Recruitment 2022: Overview
|Name of the conducting body||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Name of the department||University in Kerala|
|Payment scale||₹ 18,000-41,500/-|
|Number of vacancies available||1|
|Method of recruitment||Direct recruitment|
|Educational Qualification||SSLC or its equivalent and NTC Electrical or wireman/wireman licence|
|Required experience||2 years|
Kerala PSC Electrician Job Profile
The electrician post is, basically, for those candidates who are SSLC qualified with a certificate course in any of these:
- (a) I.T.I Electrician, or I.T.I. (Wireman Trade), or KGCE (Electrical)
- (b) National Trade Certificate in the trade of electrician secured after two year’s training courses in the Industrial Training Institutes,
- (c) Certificate in the trade of electrician secured after 18 months course in the Industrial Training Institute with an in-plant training of 6 months.
- In order, if candidates apply with (b) or (c), the candidate should have experience of not less than one year as an electrician under the government body or in a reputed Institution.
- In the case of the job post in the Kerala State Film Development Corporation Limited, the applicant must possess a Diploma in Electrical Engineering and Two years experience in a film studio of repute.
Roles and Responsibility of Kerala PSC Electrician
The job profile of an electrician involves risk and considering this the candidates applying and employed have to be well aware of all the safety precautions needed in this particular field. And they should follow them accordingly, and they should also be experienced with various electrical devices and systems. The following are some of the important points related to the roles and responsibilities of electricians in the respective departments of their employability:
- To carry out the plans of electrical wiring to experience lighting, intercom, and other electrical systems are well functioning in the concerned department.
- To install electrical apparatus, equipment for alarm and fixtures along with the other safety and distribution components, like the resistors, switches and circuit-breaker panels.
- They are, however, responsible to connect the wiring in electrical circuits and networks to ensure compatibility of components.
- To prepare and assemble the conduits by connecting wiring through them
- Routine inspection and replacing old wiring and insulated cables if needed, also cleaning circuits and preventing the breakdown of systems.
- To perform troubleshooting to identify malfunctions or hazards and repair or substitute damaged units.
- And, most importantly attend all other duties which are assigned to them in their concerned department.
Kerala PSC Electrician Salary Scale 2022
The Kerala PSC Electrician salary structure encompasses the Basic Pay, Grade Pay, Travel Allowances, House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowances and Contributory Pension. The current six recruitment posts and the salary scale of these posts are mentioned below:
|Category Number||Post Name||Kerala Government Department||Salary Scale|
|106/2019||Electrician||Kerala State Film Development Corporation Limited||Rs.19000-43600/-|
|326/2020||Electrician||Tourism Department||Rs. 18000 – 41500 /-|
|349/2020||Electrician Grade II||Kerala Ceramics Limited||Rs. 3560-4935 (PR)|
|404/2020||Electrician||Agriculture Development and Farmer’s Welfare Department||Rs. 18,000-41,500/-|
|084/2021||Electrician Grade II||Kerala Ceramics Limited||Rs. 3560 – 4935 (PR)|
|209/2021||Electrician||Universities in Kerala||Rs. 18,000-41,500/-|
While discussing one of the Kerala PSC posts, for example, the Last Grade Servant, the basic salary for the post is Rs.16,500 to Rs. 35,700/-. LGS post also has the educational qualification of Tenth Level, similar to the Kerala PSC Electrician. Also, it is to be noted that an LGS employee receives a pay scale of Rs.16,500 per month at the entry level. Moreover, they are also eligible to get other benefits like TA, DA, and HRA which can amount up to Rs. 8,500/-.
Therefore, the Kerala PSC Electrician salary scale, per annum ranges between Rs. 2.7 Lakhs to Rs. 3.5 Lakhs. The Kerala PSC electrician career growth is very promising and will enable you to reach positions that will pay you handsomely.
Candidates are required to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the post:
- SSLC or its equal qualification along with NTC Electrical /Wireman.
- Or SSLC or its equivalent qualification and Wireman Licence.
- Experience of two years in the role of a Wireman / Electrician.
18-36 is the age limit mentioned by the Kerala PSC for this position, ie, candidates who were born between 02.01.1985 and 01.01.2003. The age relaxations will be applicable for the candidates belonging to other minority categories.
Apply for the Kerala PSC Electrician Recruitment 2022 now. Make sure that you apply after checking it you meet the eligibility criteria and grab this awesome job opportunity. You can verify the eligibility criteria and go through the guidelines from the official website of Kerala PSC.
The Kerala PSC Electrician career is a very promising career in the Kerala PSC department. Get to know more about the Kerala PSC Electrician Salary 2022. Download the Entri App and avail yourself of the abundant services it has to offer. Best wishes!!
|Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Notification||Kerala PSC Electrician Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Syllabus||Kerala PSC Electrician Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Date||Kerala PSC Electrician Video Course|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Application Form||Kerala PSC Electrician Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Vacancy||Kerala PSC Electrician Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Admit Card||Kerala PSC Electrician Salary|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Study Plan||Kerala PSC Electrician Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC Electrician Result|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Best Books||Kerala PSC Electrician Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Answer Key|