A good plan and wise execution always make the path clear towards success! This is applicable for all our activities and here for the competitive examinations, this planning has to be done at least 6 months before the exam. The Kerala PSC exam calendar releases at least within a gap of 5-6 months, and this time period can be well utilized with planning. The Electrician and Electrician Grade 2 exam will be conducted on 25th November 2021, and to go ahead of the 34228 candidates appearing, the Kerala PSC Electrician preparation plan must be well followed. So, read more to get an idea of Kerala PSC Electrician Study Plan 2021.
The PSC examination calendar for the month of November comes up with the Electrician post examination for the departments like Tourism Department (category number – 326/2020), Kerala Ceramics Limited (category number – 349/2020), Agriculture Development, and Farmer’s Welfare Department (category number – 404/2020), Electrician Grade II Kerala Ceramics Limited (category number – 084/2021), Electrician Grade II Universities in Kerala (category number -209/2021).
Kerala PSC Electrician Preparation Plan
Kerala PSC Electrician preparation plan starts with a better understanding of the examination pattern, syllabus to be followed and completed, the knowledge level of the candidate. If a candidate is continuously preparing, the revision of the topics may be enough.
Let us check the exam pattern and syllabus for the Electrician and Electrician Grade 2, 2021. As this is an exam for the candidates having basic SSLC qualification with I.T.I Electrician, or I.T.I. (Wireman Trade), or KGCE (Electrical) or equivalent qualifications, the main topics to be covered will be based on the educational qualification.
- Maximum marks for Electrician & Electrician Grade 2 Exam – 100 marks (Each question carries 1 mark)
- Examination Duration – 1 Hour15 Minute
- Medium of Exam- English
- Mode of conduct of exam – OMR/Online (Objective Multiple Choice)
Syllabus to be covered include:
|Main topics to be covered||KPSC General topics for subjective exams|
Alternating current and Earthing
AC Motors, single and 3 phase
Instruments and Transformers
Illumination and Basic Electronics
Current Affairs (last one year)
General facts about India and Kerala in specific
History of India
Kerala PSC Electrician Study Plan 2021
|Day-wise plan||Subjective Topics [80 marks]||General Topics [20 marks]|
|Day 1||Analyze previous question papers and syllabus topics|
|Day 2||Basic Electricity – Fundamentals of Electricity||Kerala Renaissance|
|Day 3||Flux and soldering technique||Kerala Renaissance|
|Day 4||Property of Resistance, Laws of resistance||Current Affairs|
|Day 5||Conductor, Insulator, Semiconductor||Facts About India|
|Day 6||Types of wires and cables||Kerala Renaissance|
|Day 7||Sectional Mock tests||History|
|Day 8||Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s law||Current Affairs, History|
|Day 9||Effects of variation of temperature on resistance
Chemical effect of electric current
|Day 10||Different types of cells
Grouping of cells
Care and maintenance of cell
|Facts About India|
|Day 11||Sectional Mock tests||Current Affairs, History|
|Day 12||Magnetism – Classification of magnetic properties
Para, dia and ferromagnetic material
|Facts About Kerala|
|Day 13||Electromagnetism, Fleming’s left- and the right-hand rule
MMF, Flux density, Reluctance
|Current Affairs, Static GK|
|Day 14||Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction, Lenz’s law, Capacitor, types, and functions||Constitution|
|Day 15||Sectional Mock tests||Current Affairs, Facts About Kerala|
|Day 16||Alternating current and Earthing||Facts About India|
|Day 17||Types of wiring both domestic and industrial||Current Affairs, Static GK|
|Day 18||Grading of cable and wires
Current rating, Testing of installation by megger
|Day 19||DC Machine – DC Generators and Type||Current Affairs, Facts About Kerala|
|Day 20||EMF equation
Description of series, shunt, and compound Generator
|History, Static GK|
|Day 21||DC motors and type||Current Affairs, Static GK|
|Day 22||Starters 3-point, 4 point, and speed control machine||Facts About Kerala, Static GK|
|Day 23||AC motors and starters single phase and 3 phase||Current Affairs|
|Day 24||Auto transformer starter||Mock tests and Analysis|
|Day 25||AC motor panel wiring
|Day 26||DOL, Star Delta, slip ring motor starter||Mock tests and Analysis|
|Day 27||Instruments and Transformers
Cooling, Protective Device
|Current Affairs, Facts About India|
|Day 28||Sectional Mock tests||Constitution|
|Day 29||Illumination and Basic Electronics||Mock tests and Analysis, Current Affairs|
|Day 30||Laws of illumination||Revision|
|Day 31||Type of lamp, Domestic appliances||Mock tests|
|Day 32||Semiconductor – P type, N Type||Current Affairs|
|Day 33||Classification of Diode, Rectifier, Transistor|
|Day 34||Mock tests and Analysis, Current Affairs|
|Day 36||Mock tests and Analysis, Current Affairs|
|Day 37||Indication type and Deflecting types||Revision|
|Day 38||Revision of topics|
|Day 39||Revision of topics|
|Day 40||Revision of topics|
|Day 41||Power Generation – Generation Source of energy|
|Day 42||Transmission and Distribution
Comparison of AC and DC transmission
|Day 43||Various types of power generation|
|Day 44||Measuring Instruments, controlling torque, and Damping Torque|
|Day 45||Revision of topics|
|Day 46||The basic principle of Transformer, emf equation of transformers
Parallel operation of Transformers
|Day 47||Practice Previous Questions papers and Mock tests. Analyze marks and Revise regularly.|
Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Strategy
- Cover all topics – The plan for the exam preparation should include all the topics, without leaving any of them. But candidates can decide the easy and tough topics, and avoid the ones which are hard to crack and time-consuming.
- Manage Study time – candidates should plan together with the main topics and the general topics together. It will be tough to have general topics to be completed after the main topics. So, it is better to divide them for each day. This can also help to sort out the tiredness of the main subject.
- Study Plan and preparation – Very important point while strategizing the study. Make a unique plan according to your subject knowledge and comfort. Don’t stress with topics. Now, there are 2 months for the examination, so prefer to divide study, revision, and mock.
- Study Materials – Choose the best available study material for the electrician exam. The materials preferred should have the language the same as the exam medium, and be easy to understand, with more workout questions and tests.
- Easy Notes – Prepare own study notes with Kerala PSC electrician preparations. This will be helping during the revision, mock analysis, and exam day quick reviews.
- Use of Easy Tips – Check for codes to remember equations, laws, theorems. Also, some study materials will have provided these. It is very much appreciated for the self-created codes and tips, which candidates will remember.
- Refreshment – Take 15-20 minutes breaks during the study hours. Take a short nap, indulge in your hobby, and refresh your mind.
- Electrician Mock Tests and Previous Paper Practice – Well, this is the part that should not be missed. Cover as many previous papers, practice to know the questions, topics repeatedly included, and change in the level of questions. Analyze marks, negatives, and make necessary improvements in the preparation plans.
So, in brief, the perfect execution of the plan will only help you to ace the exam scores. The practice of previous papers and mocks along with the preparation is very important so that you can assess your preparation! Otherwise, candidates will go with studying but will not have an idea of exam duration and negative marking. Practicing OMR/online tests will enable candidates to get alerts of marks, and time management. Hope the study plan conveys an idea of all relevant topics and distribution. Make necessary changes according to self-assessment. Subscribe to Entri for all the latest updates of the Kerala PSC Electrician exam 2021.
|Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Notification||Kerala PSC Electrician Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Syllabus||Kerala PSC Electrician Video Course|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Date||Kerala PSC Electrician Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Application Form||Kerala PSC Electrician Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Vacancy||Kerala PSC Electrician Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Admit Card||Kerala PSC Electrician Salary|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC Electrician Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Best Books||Kerala PSC Electrician Result|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC Electrician Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Selection Process||Kerala PSC Electrician Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC Electrician Answer Key|