Table of Contents
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Notification 2023: Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has released the notification for recruitment of Range Forest Officer (RFO) in the year 2023. The recruitment process includes the written test, interview, physical test, and document verification. The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can apply for the post of Range Forest Officer through the official website or using the link provided. The notification contains all the essential details regarding the eligibility criteria, selection process, application process, etc. The applications are to be submitted on or before the last date. The aspirants must go through the notification thoroughly before applying for the post. The applicants must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for the post. The successful candidates will be placed in the post of Range Forest Officer in Kerala. So, start preparing now!
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Notification 2023: Overview
|Recruuitment Body||Kerala PSC|
|Department||Kerala Forest & Wildlife Department|
|Name of post||Range Forest Officer|
|Scale of Pay||₹ 55200 – 115300/-|
|Number of Vacancies||03|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Mode of Recruitment||Direct|
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Apply Online, Date
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) plans to begin accepting online applications for the Range Forest Officer (RFO) position in 2023. The application process will start on September 29, 2023, and candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply through keralapsc.gov.in. To apply, candidates must complete a one-time registration on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission, and then fill out and submit the application form online. The application fee may vary based on the candidate’s category. The deadline for submitting applications for the Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023 is November 01, 2023. All the best!
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Notification 2023 PDF
Kerala PSC released Forest Range Officer Notification 2023 on its official page on September 29, 2023. The notification PDF will provide all the details regarding the eligibility criteria, age limit, educational qualifications, selection process, and how to apply online. Candidates interested in applying for the post can check all the details and apply accordingly. The application link will be available on the official website of Kerala PSC. The Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer notification 2023 PDF is available for download. Eligible candidates can download the Notification PDF from the website or the same from the URL below for further reference.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Important Dates
The following important dates for the selection process should be kept in mind by applicants interested in the Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Vacancy 2023
|Commencement of online application||September 29, 2023|
|Last date for online application||November 01, 2023|
|Exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Vacancy 2023
Three vacancies for Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer in 2023 are detailed in the PDF below. Download the recruitment PDF for more information.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Eligibility Criteria 2023
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is inviting applications for the recruitment of Range Forest Officer posts in 2023. Eligible and interested candidates can apply through the official website of the Commission. The notification which comprises detailed information about the recruitment, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc. is available in PDF format.
Find out the Kerala PSC Eligibility Details 2023 below.
- 19-31 years
- Only candidates born between 02.01.1992 and 01.01.2004 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
- A Degree in Forestry from Kerala Agriculture University or any equivalent Degree from any University, Institution or Deemed University recognized by the Government of India or Government of Kerala for this purpose
- In addition to the qualifications prescribed in the Notification, the qualifications recognized by executive orders or standing orders of Government as equivalent to a qualification specified for a post, in the special rules or found acceptable by the Commission in cases where acceptance of equivalent qualifications is provided for in the rules and such of those qualifications which pre-suppose the acquisition of the lower qualification prescribed for the post, shall also be sufficient for the post. The copy of the Government Orders declaring equivalent/ higher qualifications shall be produced as and when required by the Commission.
- Height – 163 cm
- Chest – 79 cm (normal)
- Chest expansion: 5 cm
- Height – 150 cm
Both the male and female candidates must possess the Medical Standards
- Ear: Hearing should be perfect
- Muscles & Joints: No paralysis and all joints with free movements
- Nervous system: Perfectly normal. Free from any infectious diseases
- Eye: Must be certified to possess visual standards specified below without glasses
|Distant vision||6/6 Snellen|
|Near vision||0.5 Snellen|
The candidates will have to produce a health certificate to verify they are free from any health issues. For further information visit the official website of Kerala PSC
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Selection Process 2023
A direct recruitment method is prescribed by the Kerala PSC for the post of forest range officer. The recruitment process will include a written examination, physical efficiency test, and Interview.
A screening test will be conducted as the first stage of selection for this post. The selection will be finalized by conducting Physical measurement, Walking Test, Descriptive Test & Interview.
This test will be conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission
- Male candidates must qualify a physical Walking Test covering a distance of 25 (twenty five) kilometers within four hours on foot.
- Female candidates must qualify a physical Walking Test covering a distance of 16 (sixteen) kilometers within 4 hours on foot.
Candidates qualified in the Walking test will have to appear for a Written examination conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission on the following subjects. The paper-based written examination will be conducted on a specified date and the question paper will consist of multiple-choice questions related to different topics.
Compulsory Subjects included in the written test are;
- General Knowledge 100 marks
- English (Essay and Precis writing etc) 100 marks
Optional Subjects included;
- Any two subjects out of the following 200 marks each
- Science (Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Application/ Computer Science, Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science, Zoology) and Engineering (Agricultural/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical)
Note: The standard of these subjects shall be that of a Bachelors Degree. No candidate shall be allowed to take more than one subject of the following groups.
- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Application/Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
Note: Optional subjects selected for examination should be specifically noted on the application, if not, the application will be summarily rejected.
Those candidates who are qualified in the walking test and written examination will be required to present themselves for an interview at the time and place fixed by the Commission.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Mode of Apply
Direct recruitment is one method of applying for the Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer position. Eligible candidates should visit the Kerala PSC website to submit an application. The form must be completed and submitted before or on the date indicated in the notification.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Apply Online 2023: Link
Click on the below link to apply online for the post of Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer 2023
How to Apply for Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023?
- The candidates can apply for the post by visiting the official website of Kerala PSC
- After that, ensure to create your one-time registration ID and Password
- Create the ID and log in to it
- Ensure to add all the necessary details mentioned there.
- Read and fill the information carefully
- Later ensure to upload the documents required
- Take a printout of the application after the submission
There is no application fee for this post.
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Experience certificate in the format prescribed by the Commission
- Certificates as proof of age
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- If the caste of the candidates is wrongly mentioned in their SSLC book, they should claim their original caste in their application and should produce Community/NCLC certificate issued from concerned revenue authority and the gazette notification for the same at the time of certificate
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Salary 2023
Candidates recruited for the post of Range Forest Officer will be paid aan amount of ₹ 55200 – 115300/- per month.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Guidelines
- The candidates can apply for the post now through the online one time registration portal. Ensure to apply for the post before the final date of application. The deadline mentioned by the Kerala PSC for the application of the forest range officer is Nove,ber 01, 2023.
- The selected candidates shall be required to undergo Range Forest Officers Course in any one of the institution under the Director of Forestry Education for a period as prescribed by the Government of India from time to time and one year practical training in the Forests & Wildlife Department. The selection will be subject to the decision of the Director of Forestry Education, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India in regard to the conduct of the course.
- The selected candidates will be sent by the Department before a Medical Board to issue a health certificate and to certify that the candidate is fit to take strenuous, outdoor work in the Forests & Wildlife Department for onward transmission to the Director, Forestry Education, Government of India, Dehradun
- Candidates are requested to be present for the screening test, walking test, written test and interview at their own cost.
- Ranked List of the qualified candidates will be published and selection will be made from the list.
- Candidates thus selected by the Kerala Public Service Commission on the basis of the Screening test, Walking Test, Written examination and Interview shall be able to join the Range Forest Officers Course at any one of the State Forestry Service Colleges under the Director of Forestry Education, Dehradun.
- On completion of Range Forest Officers Course in the Forest College, they shall undergo a practical training for one year in the Forest Department.
- During the period of Range Forest Officers Course in the Forest College as well as practical training in the Forest Department, the selected candidates will be paid basic pay and other admissible allowances.
- The cost of training including travelling allowances at the rates admissible to them for journeys or tours performed by them in connection with the training shall be borne by the Government. Caution money and mess deposit, if any, have to be deposited by the candidate on joining the college.
- The period spent on training in the Forest College and practical training in the Forest Department shall be counted for leave and pension.
- The selected candidates who do not complete successfully the Range Forest Officers Course will be terminated and will be discharged from the service.
- The candidates finally selected for the course will be required to execute an agreement on stamp paper worth Rs.500/- binding themselves to serve the Government after completion of the course for a minimum period of 5 years. The selected candidates are further required to furnish two solvent sureties, solvent to the extent of Rs. 3,00,000/- or permanent Government servants of Gazetted rank. In the event of failure in the examination and causing any loss to Government thereby or otherwise, they should refund the amount to cover liquidated damages at the rate of interest of 6% per annum on the amount spent on their behalf by Government.
- The period of probation for the appointed Range Forest Officers shall be two years on duty within a continuous service of three years from the date on which he/she joins after successful completion of training in the Forest College.
- Entrance and Training Rules (Revised) 2004 of Government of India and draft forms of agreement and bond to be executed are available for perusal, by the selected candidates, at the office of the Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Administration), Forest Headquarters, Thiruvananthapuram during office hours.
Kerala PSC Range Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Special Instructions to Candidates
- In the case of difference in caste/ community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC book, the candidate shall produce a Gazette notification in this regard, along with Non Creamy Layer Certificate/ Community Certificate at the time of Certificate Verification.
- Candidates are required to acquaint themselves with the instructions given in the notification as Part-II, General Conditions before submitting application for the post. Applications which are not submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down in the General Conditions are liable to be rejected.
- Appropriate disciplinary action as per Rule 22 of the Kerala Public Service Commission Rules of Procedure shall be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc., and are liable to be disqualified for being considered for a particular post or debarment from applying to the Commission either permanently or for any period or the invalidation of their answer scripts
or products in a written/ practical test or the initiation of criminal or other proceedings against them or their removal or dismissal from office or the ordering of any other disciplinary action against them if they have already been appointed, or any one or more of the above.