The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) selects the Security guards for their offices across India from eligible ex-servicemen through the common written tests. The written test followed by the PET, RBI will select eligible candidates towards its service as Security Guards. Newly hired RBI Security Guards will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 10940/- per month and other allowances. RBI Security guards will be entitled with allowance like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, Personal Fixed Allowance, Shift Allowance, Special Functional Allowance, Special Allowance, Grade Allowance, Washing Allowance etc, making the gross salary of Rs. 25000 or more. Graduates or Degree holders are not eligible for RBI Security Guard 2020 notification. Last year RBI invites applications towards 270 vacant posts, this year too we can expect more than 250 vacant posts in this cadre. The job profile of security guards in RBI is similar to other organizations, they are:
- Guarding Bank’s property (official/ Residential), other watch and ward duties round the clock.
- Operating X-Ray machines/ DFMD for checking baggage at the entrance and other allied duties which may be assigned by the Bank.
RBI Security Guard 2020: Important Dates
Every year the Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible ex-servicemen residing in the jurisdiction of particular RBI offices towards the Security guard positions. If you are an ex-serviceman according to the RBI rules and definitions, then you can apply towards these positions. Keep in mind that this job is a multiple shift job and you are expected to work across different time periods. While filling your application, make sure to specify the RBI office tow which you are applying. Make sure to apply to only one RBI office, else your application will get cancelled. RBI Security Guard 2020 notification is yet to out. We are expecting the notifications by October 2020 following the previous year trends. Let’s have a quick look at the tentative date for the RBI Security guard 2020 recruitment cycle.
- RBI Security Guard 2020 Notification: October 2020
- Application Period: October 2020 to November 2020
- Last Date for Online Fee Payment (Rs. 50/): November 2020
- Online Written Test: December 2020
- Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test: January 2021
- Biometric Test, and Document verification: January 2021
- RBI Security Guard 2020 Final Results: February 2021
Note: Above given dates are tentative only, we will update you with the exact dates once the notification is out.
RBI Defenition for Ex-servicemen
According to RBI, and ex-servicemen are:
” Ex-serviceman means a person, who has served in any rank (whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant) in the regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union, but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the paramilitary forces, and who has retired from such service after earning his pension; or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or another disability pension; or
- been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of the reduction in establishment; or
- who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and
- has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, viz. pension holders for continuous embodied service; the person with disability attributable to military service, and gallantry award winners.”
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today with us. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
|RBI Security Guard Exam Information Links|
|RBI Security Guard Notification||RBI Security Guard Mock Test|
|RBI Security Guard Syllabus||RBI Security Guard Video Course|
|RBI Security Guard Application Form||RBI Security Guard Study Materials|
|RBI Security Guard Vacancy||RBI Security Guard Interview Questions|
|RBI Security Guard Admit Card||RBI Security Guard Job Profile|
|RBI Security Guard Study Plan||RBI Security Guard Salary|
|RBI Security Guard Previous Question Papers||RBI Security Guard Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RBI Security Guard Best Books||RBI Security Guard Result|
|RBI Security Guard Eligibility Criteria||RBI Security Guard Cutoff|
|RBI Security Guard Selection Process||RBI Security Guard Exam Analysis|
|RBI Security Guard Answer Key|