Table of Contents
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) will be announcing the Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) exam notification soon. Rajasthan Administrative Services exam is a state-level Civil Services Exam conducted by RPSC. Interested candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree can apply for the exam. RAS will be having three phases, viz., Prelims, Mains, and Interview/ Viva-voce. So, start preparing for the RAS prelims, to be held tentatively in August 2021. Download the RPSC RAS Syllabus 2021 for both prelims and Mains.
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern 2021
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- Prelims are meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level.
- Candidates note that there will be negative marking. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|General Knowledge and General Science||200||3 hours|
- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive /analytical.
- Each paper consists of question paper of brief, medium, long answer, and descriptive type question.
- The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary Level.
- The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
|General Studies –I||200||3 hours|
|General Studies –II||200||3 hours|
|General Studies –III||200||3 hours|
|General Hindi and General English||200||3 hours|
Candidates who score above minimum cut-off marks in the written test of the Main Examination, as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion, will be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test that carries 100 marks.
The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of the Rajasthani culture.
The final merit list will be prepared by combining the marks of the Mains Exam and the Interview.
RPSC RAS Syllabus 2021
Prelims Syllabus 2021
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Indian History: Ancient & Medieval Period & Modern Period
- Geography of World and India
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy: Basic Concepts of Economics, Economic Development & Planning, Human Resource, and Economic Development, Social Justice and Empowerment
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Science & Technology
- Reasoning & Mental Ability: Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive), Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Basic Numeracy.
- Current Affairs- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance, Persons and Places in recent news, Games, and Sports related Activities
Mains Syllabus 2021
Paper – I: General Knowledge and General Studies
|History: Unit I||Economics: Unit II||Sociology, Management & Business Administration: Unit III|
|History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan
Indian History & Culture
History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
Economy of Rajasthan
Paper-II: General Knowledge and General Studies
|Unit I||Unit II||Earth Science (Geography & Geology): Unit III|
|Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and Basic Numeracy||General Science & Technology||A Part – World
B Part – India
C Part – Rajasthan
Paper-III: General Knowledge and General Studies
- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues, and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Administrative Ethics, Behavior, and Law: Part A- Administrative Ethics; Part B – Behavior; Part C-Law
General English (Total marks 80)
- Grammar & Usage (20 Marks)
- Comprehension, Translation & Precis Writing (30 Marks)
- Composition & Letter Writing (30 Marks)
General Hindi (120 marks): Comprehension, Translation and Precis Writing
- Part A- 50 Marks, B- 50 Marks and that of C part – 20 Marks
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to the RPSC- RAS Examinations 2021. Download and subscribe to Entri App and start practicing the latest mock tests to ace your preparations.