Every year the Staff Selection Commission recruits hundreds of engineering diploma/ graduate holders across 09 central services through open recruitment. Across 09 departments namely: Central Water Commission (CWC), Farrakhan Barrage Project, Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Military Engineering Service (MES)
Department of Post (DoP), Central Water Power Research Station (CWPRS), Director General Border Roads Organization (DGBR), Directorate Of Quality Assurance (Naval), and National Technical Research Organization (NTRO) the commission recruits candidates across three engineering streams and in 19 Junior Engineer posts. With two stages of exams focused on engineering topics, one must have a good understanding of engineering topics to get through this competitive recruitment. Here we are introducing some of the best books for the SSC JE exam available in the market to aid your preparations.
Best Books for SSE JE Exam 2021
The selection process for the SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment includes two stages of screening followed by document verification. The preliminary stage exam process is a Computer Based Test(CBT) for 200 marks in 120 minutes. The questions will be from three different categories like general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness and general engineering subject. To kick start your preparation you should download the SSC JE syllabus and previous year question papers and try to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern. To aid your preparations you can rely on these SSC JE preparation books. The below given booked will be useful for your preliminary stage Junior Engineer exam.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning -By R S Agarwal Chand Publications
- SSC Reasoning Chapter Wise Solved Papers 7200+ Objective, Question by Kiran publications
- Magical Book on Puzzles- K. Kundan
- Lucent’s General Knowledge: Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- Khanna’s Mechanical Objective Type: Dr Sadhu Singh
- SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study Guide: Kiran Publication
- Objective Mechanical Engineering (Diploma) Competitive Exams: G.K Publications
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide: Disha Prakashan
- Mechanical Engineering for competitions: R.K Jain
- SSC JE Civil Engineering Previous Year Solved Papers: Made Easy Publications
- SSC JE Electrical Engineering Previous Year Solved Papers: Made Easy Publications
SSC JE Best Books: Descriptive Stage
Since the Stage-II of the Junior Engineer test has the conventional paper, candidates should go to their engineering books and try to have a great foundation over various topics. Unless you have a great grasp on the technical topics before heading to solve the mock tests. You can use these SSC JE books during your preparations to enhance your success rate:
- SSC: Junior Engineers Exam Guide: Junior Engineers (Civil and Structural) Exam Guide: R Gupta’s by Ramesh Publishing House
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
- Civil Engineering: Conventional and Objective Type: S.Chand Publications
- Question Bank in Electrical Engineering: J.B Gupta
- SSC JE Previous Year Questions: Made Easy Publications
- Objective Electrical Technology: V.K. Mehta & Rohit Mehta
- SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Recruitment Exam Guide 4th Edition: Disha Publication
SSC JE Selection Process 2021
The SSC Junior Engineer selection process involves two stages of a written test followed by a documentation process. The prelims stage test is a Computer Based Objective Type exam. Stage-II/ Main exam of the selection process is a conventional paper.
|Paper – I||General Studies and Current Affairs||50||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
|Paper A- General Engineering (Civil and structural)||100|
|Paper B- General Engineering (Electrical Engineering)|
|Paper C- General Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper-II||Paper A- Engineering (Civil and Structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Paper B- Engineering (Electrical)|
|Paper C- Engineering (Mechanical)|
- Candidates have to choose either Paper A, B, or C in Paper-II according to their engineering major.
With lots of allowances and promotion opportunities, the Junior Engineer career in any of the central services is always one of the best choices for engineering graduates wishes for a government career. Considering the lakhs of applications against each vacant post, the competition is getting higher with each passing year. To aid you with your SSC JE 2021 exams, Entri is bringing hundreds of mock tests, video classes and free study materials. From our current affairs capsules to the technical subject exams, and study materials, Entri have everything to assure your success in your next SSC JE 2021 recruitment. Download Entri, and get instant access to all Junior Engineer study materials.