Table of Contents
Staff Selection Commission conducts Junior Engineer exam every year to recruit eligible candidates to Group B level posts (non gazetted) at various government institutions across the country. Candidates who successfully crack the 2 levels of SSC JE 2021 will be commissioned as Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) with 6th level pay grade. SSC JE 2021 is a national level test and every year, lacs of candidates appear for the test. That is, the competition of SSC JE exam is very high. So, in order to crack SSC JE 2021 exam in the first go, candidates must have a clear idea about the exam pattern, syllabus and have the best preparation strategy. Along with this, examinees must also have the proper SSC JE Study Material 2021 – For Civil, Mech, Electrical branches. Here, we are going to share some books to boost your SSC JE 2021 study preparations.
SSC JE Study Material 2021 – For Civil, Mech, Electrical
Civil & Structural Engineering
- SSC (CPWD – MES) Junior Engineers Examination Civil Engineering – by G.K Publications
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide – by Disha Experts
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book – by Kiran Prakashan
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Recruitment Exam Guide 3rd Edition – by Disha Experts
- SSC JE Engineering Previous Year Solved Papers – by Made Easy Publication
- SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/ CWC/ MES) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice Papers – by G.K Publications
- Junior Engineers Electrical Examination Guide : Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) – by RPH Editorial Board
- SSC JE Electrical Exam Guide – cum- practice workbook – by Kiran Prakashan
- SSC JE Electrical Engineering for Junior Engineers Previous Year Solved Papers – by G.K Publications
- Objective Electrical Technology – by V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta
- Mechanical Engineering for Competitions – by R.K Jain
- Khanna’s Mechanical Objective Type – by Dr Sadhu Singh
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide) – by RPH Editorial Board
- Objective Mechanical Engineering (Diploma) Competitive Exams – by G.K Publications
- Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study guide – by Kiran Publications
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT – by Arun Sharma
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non – Verbal Reasoning – by R.S Agarwal
- SSC (CPWD/ CWC/ MES) General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide – by G.K Publications
- Lucent’s Reasoning – by Bhupendra Kumar Singh
- Analytical Reasoning – by M.K Pandey
- NCERT Books – Till 10th
- Manorama English Year Book 2021 – by Mammen Mathew
- Lucent’s G.K – by Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- General Knowledge 2020 – by Manohar Pandey
- Daily newspapers
SSC JE Exam Syllabus 2021
SSC JE Syllabus 2021
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.|
|General Awareness||History, Culture, Geography, Indian Economics, General Polity, Scientific Research and developments, Neighbouring countries of India, International Organizations and HQs, Environment, General Science, Sports etc..|
|General Engineering||Part A : (Civil Engineering)
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering. Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
|Part B : (Electrical)
Basic Concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
|Part C : (Mechanical)
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Pure Substances, Laws of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, Combustion, Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines, Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
|Civil & Structural Engineering||Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design,|
|Electrical Engineering||Basic concepts, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring Instruments, Electrical Machines, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Theories of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Material, Thermal Engineering Properties of Pure Substances, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery Properties and Classification of Fluid, Production Engineering etc..|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Time duration||Mode of Exam||Language of Medium|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 hours||Online||English / Hindi|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
Part A : Civil and Structural
Part B : Electrical Engineering
Part C : Mechanical Engineering
|Civil Engineering||300||300||2 hours||Offline||English / Hindi|
SSC JE exam Paper 1
SSC JE Paper 1 consists of Multiple Choice Questions and candidates have to attend a total of 200 questions in this section. SSC JE Paper 1 will be conducted in online mode and the maximum marks of Paper 1 is 200. These questions will be covered from subjects like General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Engineering. Examinees can refer to SSC JE syllabus given in the above table to get an idea of topics included in these subjects. Since Paper 1 is Objective, candidates have to pick the correct answer from the options. 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for negative marking. The maximum time duration of the test is 2 hours or 120 minutes. And for the language of medium, candidates can either choose English or Hindi.
SSC JE exam Paper 2
SSC JE Paper 2 is Descriptive and will be conducted in offline mode. The total number of questions in this session is 300 with a maximum score of 300. The questions asked in this level will be from General Engineering : Civil, Electrical and Mechanical. For every right answer, 1 mark will be given and for every wrong answer, 0.25 will be deducted for negative marking. Candidates are required to finish the test within 2 hours or 120 minutes. Candidates can either pick English / Hindi as the language of medium for the exam.
Watch Video Sessions and Learn with Entri!
Not a big fan of preparing using guides and books? Entri provides you with the best time effective preparation strategy of using video classes to enhance your SSC JE preparations. Visual learning with the help of Entri video classes helps you to understand the content effectively and process the information without wasting that much time. Candidates can note down important points while watching the video classes provided by Entri and cover all the topics within a short time duration and hence, you will get ample amount of time to revise and attend SSC JE mock tests. Download Entri and get access to video classes of SSC JE 2021 and many more!
Practice SSC JE Mock Tests at Entri.
Candidates preparing to crack SSC JE exam 2021 can practice multiple free mock tests of the exam at Entri. Download the app and work out maximum number of mock trials as you can. Practicing different sets of SSC JE mock tests and previous question papers will help you understand the exam and can improve yourself by analysing your performance. By practicing SSC JE Mock tests from Entri, you will also get a clear picture about the important questions that has high probability of being asked in the main exam. So, download Entri and start your preparations with us.