Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer (SSC JE) exam is a national level test focusing on the recruitment of eligible candidates to the post of Junior Engineers in various branches of engineering department across India. Successful engineering graduates will be commissioned in various departments of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts. Candidates who gets shortlisted after cracking the 2 levels of the exam will be recruited as in Group B , non gazetted post with 6th level pay grade. Since SSC JE 2022 is an all India examination and in order to crack this test, candidates should have a definite idea about SSE JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022. Interested candidates appearing for the exam can keep on reading to find the more about SSC JEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022 here.
SSC JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022
SSC JE Syllabus 2022
SSC JE Syllabus 2022
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.|
|General Awareness||History, Culture, Geography, Indian Economics, General Polity, Scientific Research and developments, Neighbouring countries of India, International Organizations and HQs, Environment, General Science, Sports etc..|
|General Engineering||Part A : (Civil Engineering)
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering. Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
|Part B : (Electrical)
Basic Concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
|Part C : (Mechanical)
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Pure Substances, Laws of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, Combustion, Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines, Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
|Civil & Structural Engineering||Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design,|
|Electrical Engineering||Basic concepts, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring Instruments, Electrical Machines, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Theories of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Material, Thermal Engineering Properties of Pure Substances, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery Properties and Classification of Fluid, Production Engineering etc..|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2022
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2022
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Time duration||Mode of Exam||Language of Medium|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 hours||Online||English / Hindi|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
Part A : Civil and Structural
Part B : Electrical Engineering
Part C : Mechanical Engineering
|Civil Engineering||300||300||2 hours||Offline||English / Hindi|
SSC JE Exam Paper 1
- Paper 1 is objective and candidates have to attend a total of 200 questions in this section.
- The maximum marks in this section is 200.
- The questions will be asked from subjects like General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Engineering.
- Candidates can check SSC JE syllabus given in the above table to get an idea of topics included in these subjects.
- The Paper 1 of SSC JE exam is objective or Multiple Choice Questions. Candidates are required to pick the correct answer from the option.
- Every correct answer will be provided with 1 mark each and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Therefore candidates must choose their answers wisely in order to avoid penalty.
- Paper 1 of SSC JE exam 2021 is conducted in online mode.
- The maximum time given for candidates to complete the test is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- Candidates can either choose English or Hindi as their medium of exam.
SSC JE Exam Paper 2
- Paper 2 is Descriptive and total number of questions is 300 with a maximum score of 300.
- The questions will be from General Engineering : Civil, Electrical and Mechanical.
- Candidates can check the table given above to check SSC JE syllabus 2021
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer and 0.25 will be deducted as a penalty score for negative marking
- SSC JE exam Paper 2 will be conducted on offline mode
- The maximum time duration of this test is 2 hours
- Candidates can pick English / Hindi as the language of medium
Entri wishes all the best.
Since you have got a detailed description about SSC JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022, candidates can start preparing for the exam accordingly with that. While preparing for the examination, make sure to go through previous year question papers and practice mock tests too. Start reading news papers on a daily basis and notes down important General Knowledge and Current affairs. Download Entri app and start your SSC JE exam preparations with us. Get access to hundreds of free mock tests, current affairs, live video sessions and many more at reasonable subscriptions. Good luck!!
|SSC JE Exam Information Links|
|SSC JE Notification||SSC JE Mock Test|
|SSC JE Exam Date||SSC JE Video Course|
|SSC JE Application Form||SSC JE Study Materials|
|SSC JE Vacancy||SSC JE Interview Questions|
|SSC JE Admit Card||SSC JE Job Profile|
|SSC JE Study Plan||SSC JE Salary|
|SSC JE Previous Question Papers||SSC JE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC JE Best Books||SSC JE Result|
|SSC JE Eligibility Criteria||SSC JE Cutoff|
|SSC JE Selection Process||SSC JE Exam Analysis|
|SSC JE Answer Key|