To crack the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2021, you first need to understand the pre-requisites for examination. Before beginning with the SSC JE exam preparation 2021, candidates need to completely review the SSC JE syllabus, various subjects, weightage given to each topic/subject. This will help in creating a good SSC JE study plan. Going through the previous years’ question papers also gives candidates an idea regarding the exam pattern. The exam dates of SSC JE will be updated shortly. Hence, candidates have a good amount of time to prepare and qualify the SSC Junior Engineer exam 2021. In this blog we will discuss about preparation tips for SSC JE 2021 Exam.
Preparation Tips for SSC JE 2021 Exam
Here are some useful SSC JE Preparation tips for the exam:
- Understand the SSC JE Syllabus: In order to do well in the SSC JE exam, it is imperative that you should be fully aware of the SSC JE syllabus and SSC Exam Pattern. Try to do a topic-wise and difficulty-wise segregation of topics of the different sections of the exam.
- Create a Personalised Study Plan & Timetable: While preparing for the SSC JE Exam, it is important for an applicant to prepare an SSC JE study plan which suits his/her requirements as it is an organized schedule that will help him/ her to outline the study time and set learning goals.
- Brush up your basics: As an SSC JE applicant, you are required to be thorough with your basics and try to understand the purpose behind every concept that you study during your preparation.
- Make Notes whenever possible: During your preparation, try to make your own notes so that you can refer these while revising the Paper before the exam. Highlight important points wherever necessary.
- Refer Previous Year Papers: A very important part of your SSC JE preparation is to refer prior years papers to understand the weightage of different questions and also get knowledge about the difficulty level of each section. Try to solve as many practice questions as possible so that you are able to answer a particular question during the main exam without wasting much time in solving it.
- Take Simulated Mock Tests: Taking SSC JE mock tests will definitely help you get a fair idea about the status of your preparation and capture your strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas which need improvement.
Candidates leaving no stone unturned for SSC JE preparation can check SSC JE Admit Card page to know about the important documents to be taken during the SSC Junior Engineer Examination.
Subject-Wise Approach to crack SSC JE 2021 Exam
Aspirants can find the subject-wise segregation below:
- General Intelligence: In this section, the questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. It is advisable for applicants to refer to prior years papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty.
- General Awareness: In this section, candidates need to be aware of current affairs and daily news. Having the knowledge of what’s going around the world will help the candidates to remain at their toes. For practice, applicants can also take up a few SSC JE preparation online quizzes to stay updated. Candidates can check various Static GK topics to ace the general awareness section of SSC JE exam.
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical): In this section, applicants are required to have core engineering knowledge of their respective fields. It is imperative for candidates to be thorough with the theoretical concepts as most of the questions are based on basics knowledge. Practising is important. Hence, applicants should try to practice more and more questions to solve numerical problems and have complete theoretical knowledge and its application, be aware of mathematical formulae thereby upskilling their problem-solving process.
SSC JE Preparation For Mechanical Engineering
The preparation for Mechanical Engineering is a simple effort but it needs constant effort to do well. The following are the key points to remember while preparing for Mechanical Engineering in the SSC JE Exam:
- Aspirants must familiarise with the complete syllabus of Mechanical Engineering, to this end previous years question papers/ question banks will be of great help.
- Candidates must ensure that all doubts and concepts are clear before attempting mock tests
- At least a minimum of 2 hours must be allotted to efficiently solve SSC JE Mock Tests.
- Candidates must analyze their progress on the SSC JE Preparation on a daily basis in order to keep a watch on their progress in the SSC JE Preparation for Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Preparation For Electrical Engineering
On the outset, the SSC JE Electrical Engineering subject may look difficult, but a little effort is more than enough to crack it. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for Electrical Engineering subject:
- Candidates must polish their knowledge on the Electrical Engineering Syllabus for SSC JE Preparation.
- A list of repeatedly asked topics must be prepared, along with short notes for quick reference if required.
- For the Electrical Engineering exam, the questions will be mostly about theoretical concepts. Clearing theoretical concepts must take priority.
- At least about 12-15 % of the Electrical Engineering Question Paper will be based on the measurement and measuring instruments and it is a mix of theory and numerical.
- From Basic Electronics, questions will be theoretical or simple formula based. These questions are not to be avoided as candidates can score high marks from attempting these questions
SSC JE Preparation For Civil Engineering
Like all the other streams, hard work and a clear cut strategy are all that is needed while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream:
- Familiarization with the Civil Engineering Syllabus is a must for SSC JE Preparation.
- Find relevant books, Previous year questions, and exam analysis covering every topic of the SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus.
- The questions from SSC JE Civil Engineering will mostly be theoretical in nature. Around 70-80% of total questions will be theoretical and one must clear their theoretical concepts in order to be able to answer most of the questions.
- Learn time management while practising for SSC JE Civil Engineering.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
The selection process of the SSC Junior Engineer is divided into two stages. There are two Papers in the SSC JE exam:
- Paper I: This is a computer-based online test of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II: This is a conventional (offline) descriptive test for 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
SSC JE Exam Pattern Paper I
|Paper I (Computer-based Exam)|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|23.09.2019 to 27.09.2019||General Intelligence||50||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
|General Engineering (Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical)||100|
SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper II)
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|29.12.2019||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
As the SSC JE Tier 02 Exam is around the corner, the candidates must now begin full fledged exam preparation for SSC JE Exam. Waste no more time and work hard for your success. Good Luck!