Table of Contents
If you are preparing for IBPS Clerk exam this year, here is the best strategy that, how to prepare IBPS Clerk exam 2022 at home. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting an examination every year to select the most eligible candidates for the various posts under the Public Sector. The IBPS is an official recruiting body that is destined to conduct clerical cadre exams annually. The upcoming IBPS examination is going to be a tough competition as the number of candidates who have applied for the post is high when compared to the previous years.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Board will publish the official notification for the recruitment of IBPS clerk as the vacancy is identified through the official website. This examination is one of the most anticipated examinations in the country and for the candidates to score better rank in the examination IBPS Clerk preparation 2022 is very important. Hence, it is inevitable to prepare for the examination without wasting much time. The candidates can read this page before beginning the examination. The candidates need to have a deeper understanding of the exam pattern, syllabus structure, preparation strategies, tips and tricks to crack the examination, etc. Here are the complete details that candidates need to know about IBPS Clerk preparation 2022 and IBPS Clerk preparation tips.
IBPS Clerk 2022: Important Topics to Cover
IBPS follows a pre-decided syllabus for the examination and the detailed syllabus that candidates have to follow for the examination is published by the recruitment commission through the official website. Candidates can follow the important topics that are mentioned in the official syllabus so as to ensure good performance in the examination.
Preparation Strategy for IBPS Clerk 2022
IBPS clerk exam 2021 is going to be a tight competition for all those who are aspiring for the position. Candidates who wish to score better marks must prepare an active strategy for the preparation. Here are some working strategies to crack the English section in the IBPS Clerk exam 2021. Candidates can use the strategies given below for the IBPS Clerk prelims preparation and IBPS Clerk mains exam preparation. Read further for the preparation strategy for the IBPS clerk 2021 exam.
- The candidates should maintain proficiency in the English language. Good command over language can only help the candidates to fetch higher scores.
- The basic grammatical questions should be thoroughly revised.
- Basic knowledge in grammar is deemed inevitable.
- The aspiring candidates are requested to read the newspapers and magazines regularly.
- The candidates can take down the lecture notes or short notes on the new topics
- Study a minimum of ten new words daily
- Get in touch with the basic grammatical rules and structures
- Try to solve maximum English grammatical questions daily
Preparation strategy for IBPS Numerical Ability
The numerical ability section is regarded as the most difficult section of the IBPS Clerk exam 2021. The candidates should spend extra time and effort to crack this section.
- Candidates should study the formulas of individual topics and should be ready to recall them at any point in time
- Attend mock tests to solve the previous year question papers
- Learn the application method
- Try to improve the problem-solving skill
- Learn the easy ways/shortcuts to solve problems
- Revise regularly
- Try to solve the difficult questions papers
Preparation Strategy for Reasoning Ability
The candidates should be in apposition to understand the logic behind each topic so that they can solve the questions effectively. This section is highly scoring if you have understood the logic behind it
- Candidates should practice more questions
- The candidates should be well versed with the topic
- Understand the theory sections well.
Preparation Strategy for General Awareness
This section is solely dedicated to current affairs. The candidates should have a grip on current affairs.
- Candidates should read the newspaper daily
- Candidates should cover up the current affairs magazines of the last six months
- Take short notes on important topics so that the candidates can do a quick last-minute recap on the important topics.
IBPS Clerk Exam Computer Aptitude
This section checks the basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- The candidates should spend daily 1 hour on this section
- The candidates should learn the processing of each part
- The basic knowledge about the internet is inevitable
- Practice with the previous year’s question paper.
- Engage with the non-descriptive questions first
- Practice puzzles to enhance accuracy.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy
The candidates should be well aware of the fact that the IBPS exam syllabus is vast. So, the candidates should decide upon the thrust areas to be covered. The candidate should learn how to manage time and dedicate time effectively to attempting each question.
- The candidates should be aware of the major aspects of the IBPS Clerk exam 2022.
- The candidates should visit the official website to get the official notification
- The candidate should be keen enough to understand the revised exam syllabus
- The pattern of the syllabus should be noted
- Visit the official website and learn everything related to the cut off marks
- Before beginning the preparation, read thoroughly the information related to the eligibility criteria for the IBPS Clerk examination 2022.
- Try to analyze the previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the difficulty level of the question paper.
- The candidates should practice with the mock test
- Test your performance potential daily
- Attempt all three levels of question papers, subject-wise and topic-wise questions should be thoroughly revised.
- Identify the most important books for the preparation
- Collect all the relevant study materials and prepare short notes on each topic
- Prepare a working timetable
- Allot more time for the weaker sections in the syllabus
- Fetch more lecture notes and relevant materials from e-sources
- Attempt online test series to measure the performance level.
- Try to learn new words and their meanings daily
- Enrich your vocabulary and increase the command over the language
- Read the newspaper, magazines, and Current affairs books regularly
- Understand The Examination Syllabus Thoroughly: One of the most important parts of your IBPS Clerk examination 2022 is being thorough with the exam syllabus. Without having a good knowledge of the different topics that come under each of the sections, you cannot plan the IBPS Clerk examination 2022 in the proper way.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
- Learn The Steps To Solve Questions: This is a must for all sections of the syllabus. Go through the example problems for this purpose. There are many simple ways to do the maths in the Arithmetic sections that will save your time as well as effort. Candidates are requested to be clear with such tricks before appearing for the examinations.
- Develop Reading Habits: For the General Awareness section, you need extensive reading as this section needs one to remember a lot of information on a wide range of topics. Candidates are requested to read newspapers daily as it is the main source of Current Affairs. Also, the candidates are requested to read a newspaper in their regional; language too.
- Make Notes: As you study, make sure to create notes of important points, formulas, steps, etc. This will help in better revision and will be extremely useful during revision.
- Solve Practice Questions: Every time you finish a concept, solve a sufficient number of questions. You must improve your application skills and problem-solving abilities. Refer to your notes and example problems if necessary. Candidates can also refer to the previous year’s question papers and also solve those to get a knack for examination.
- Take Mock Tests: Once you have finished all the topics in the syllabus of IBPS Clerk examination 2022, take IBPS Clerk examination 2022 mock tests on a regular basis. Evaluate yourself after every test and find out your weak topics. Thousands of Mock Tests created by experienced mentors are available at Entri.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips 2022
- Develop a reading habit
- The study timetable should be realistic and active
- Set a time limit for each section
- Identify the trust areas
- Follow the timetable strictly and revise the topics with enthusiasm
- The candidates should identify their own strengths and weakness
- Relax in between
- Prepare a systematic study plan
- Detailed understanding of the topic is inevitable.
- Categorize the topics and fix a time for the preparation of each topic
- Take the advice and instructions from the previous aspirants
- Need a plan to approach and crack each topic
- Learn the theories, formulas, concepts, and the application level
- Devote more time for solving numerical and logical reasoning papers
- Revise the concepts without fail
- Regular revision should be part of the preparation
- Candidates can use the previous year question paper to practice
- The candidates can visit the official website to get the previous year question paper
- The mock tests are available at 24*7 affordable prices
- The candidates can practice the mock test to increase the concentration
- The candidates should learn to solve the questions fast
- Along with the mock test, candidates can also depend upon the audio lectures, YouTube video classes and special sections on each topic
- The candidates shall adopt a crude, systematic and comprehensive study method to crack the examination
- Candidates should learn to handle the questions effectively
- The candidates should frame the answers for the questions every time they sit for study
- Candidates should try to be self-critical and should be in a position to self-assess the individual performance
- Boost the level of the preparation
- Enhance the potential by constant effort
- Build up the confidence to crack the examination.
- Revise and reread the topics and learn the tricks to crack the questions tactically
Do Smart Work, Not Just Hard work
Build a strategy for smart work. Leave out the conventional hard work part. The candidates who are preparing for the exam must first make sure where to start and how to start. Collect the relevant data and leave out the irrelevant and old data. Always look upon the updated versions of data and make sure you have not collected junk and piled-up information. Whenever you hook yourself to begin a book, don’t rush to the first chapter. Rather go to the contents page and prologue and epilogue pages to get a thorough understanding of the book. Outline the data included in the book. After that, locate the relevant and needed information from the textbook other than going to the whole topic altogether. Make short notes and be sure about memorizing the data in capsule formulas to avoid cloudiness.
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam at Home
One of the best strategies to crack the exam is to prepare an active timetable allotting equal time for the preparation of the core subjects in the syllabus. The new revised syllabus pattern and structure should be hearted by the candidates if they are aspiring to crack the examination. The formulation of the preparation plan can enhance the performance potential of the candidates.
The preparation plan can aid the candidates to understand the difficulty level of the question paper, the thrust areas in the syllabus, paper structure, etc. The selection of the major topics and working on the weaker section can only help the candidates to crack the examination with ease. In order to provide their best shot, the candidates need to have a well-planned working strategy to study for the upcoming IBPS Clerk examination 2021. The qualifying marks play a key role in the selection process. This page can help you to frame a methodological preparation method to crack the upcoming IBPS clerk examination 2021.
IBPS Clerk Mock Tests 2022
Using mock tests for preparation can benefit the candidates in many ways. It has the same effect as using the IBPS prelims question papers and IBPS mains questions papers which were used in the previous years. Candidates who are preparing for the examination can now attend the IBPS Clerk mock tests 2022 from the table given below.
|IBPS Clerk Question Paper PDF
|IBPS Clerk Answer Key PDF
|IBPS Clerk First Sitting Question Paper PDF
|IBPS Clerk First Sitting Answer Key PDF
|IBPS Clerk Second Sitting Question Paper PDF
|IBPS Clerk Second Sitting Answer Key PDF
IBPS Clerk Examination: Features
- The candidates should score maximum marks for the qualifying examination
- The preliminary examination is the first step in the recruitment
- The examination is having sectional timing
- The questions will be syllabus oriented
- The candidates can expect both direct and indirect questions
- Sectional cut off will be issued for each section on the official website
- Candidates who are shortlisted from the preliminary examination will only be admitted to attempting the mains examination.
IBPS Clerk Preparation: Exam Pattern
The IBPS clerical recruitment is based on the two major examinations. These two main selection processes include:
- Prelims examination 2022
- Mains examination 2022
Both the prelims and mains examination for the IBPS clerical post will be Online Computer Based Tests. The candidates will be given multiple-choice questions to answer. The aspirants can check the official website for more information. The pattern of the upcoming IBPS Prelims examination 2021 for the clerical post is given below.
|Number of questions
The examination for each selection will be ended within 1 hour.
The candidates can check the revised pattern for the upcoming IBPS Mains examination 2021.
|Number of questions
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
The candidates are advised to be thorough with the examination pattern. The accurate knowledge about the examination pattern helps the candidates to prepare for the examination system and can analyse the level of the question paper.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2022: Syllabus
The candidate should be aware of the detailed syllabus structure for the upcoming examination. The candidates are advised to clear the preliminary examination with the qualifying cut off marks. Only those candidates who are shortlisted after the preliminary examination will be selected for the mains. The preliminary examination will be conducted for a total of 100 marks with a 1-hour duration. There are three sections for the prelims of IBPS Clerical examination 2022.
IBPS Clerk Prelims: Syllabus
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
The candidates can check the detailed syllabus given below:
|Basic English grammar
|Linear and circular seating arrangements
|Fill in the gaps
|Coded and mathematical inequalities
|Time, speed and distance
|Distance and directions
|Time and work
|Profit and loss
|Ratio and proportion
IBPS Clerk Main Exam: Syllabus
Now, it’s time for the aspirants to know about the syllabus of the main examination. The main examination includes the following topics:
- General English
- General/Financial Awareness
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
Check in the detailed section-wise syllabus here. A total of 200 questions will be asked for the main examination of the IBPS clerk examination 2022. Along with the sections from the preliminary examination, two additional sections are there for the mains examination. Both the prelims examination and mains examination play a very critical role in the selection process. The decision of the authority is final. After the publication of the answer key within 10-15 days after the mains examination, the candidates will be given chances to raise any objections against the answer key. After revising the answer key, the revised answer key will be published. Those candidates who are aspiring to crack the examination should start the preparation with extra effort and confidence. The syllabus for the general awareness and computer aptitude sections are given below.
|Current economic plans
|Banking regulations, KYC, banking rules
|Economic policies and budget
Start your preparations for your dream banking job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your future endeavors. Always remember, smart work counts than hard work!